[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit by swimming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Swim.jpg (153KB, 1038x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Swim.jpg
153KB, 1038x1486px
So i'm not really a fit/izen, but going to the thinspiration thread on fa/ is boring.

I wanna be fit by the summer, so i went back to swimming, and i need some advice about the best way to sculpt my body. Can i achieve that through only swimming 3 hours a week ? How should i split my sessions ? Is it better to have often short sessions (4 times 45 min) or isnt there any difference ?

So, swim(suit) thread, i guess.
>>
Competitive swimmer here
Go for 1 hour HIIT 3-4 times a week

10 laps warmup
AMRAP
1 lap sprint
4 laps low intensity

As you get better aim for
1 lap sprint
1 lap low i

Also watch diet
Eat complex carbs 1,5-2h before your session
>>
>>40302826
When it comes to losing weight only three things matter

1.Eating less and or eating better(eating better is ideal but it's not necessary if you eat less)
2.Maintaining muscle mass. You need to do something to maintain your muscle or have higher activity level/an active hobby or you'll relapse.
3.High levels of activity. Most people are under the mistaken impression that HARDER exercise is better. It kinda isn't. I mean your body will respond well at first, but you'll plateau and begin to break down fast.
No, the real key is prolonged consistent activity like walking, gardening all day. Or spending an hour or so in the pool swimming at a comfortable pace and having fun.
You CAN go hard as fuck but it's not really necessary as long as you do it consistently and enjoy doing it. Why is your enjoyment so important? Because if you enjoy it, you'll do more of it.
>>
>>40302870

I'm weak and skinny, but almost every time I go swimming, I notice progress. I only do breaststrokes however, when should I start doing crawl?
>>
Swimming is the shit

Just learned flipturns on Monday, going to try and incorporate them more today
>>
>>40302953
How did you learn ? Are tutorials any good to become a better swimmer ?
>>
>>40302980
Wondering this as well
>>
Swim coach here
I highly suggest just playing in the water like a kid. Get your imagination going. Feel the water and how you move through it and you could yeah yourself a lot of things.
>>
>>40302826
>I wanna be fit by the summer
Aim for next summer.
>>
Typically all strokes start with kick.
Practice flutter kick and dolphin kick on your front and back with your arms down. Then practice with your arms in a streamline. You will become a god. Kick OP kick !kick!kick!
Next is body position. Try to be flat in the water.
Breathing
Arms
Timing
>>
If you are under water you should be exhaling. Exhaling normally not fast or slow
>>
>>40304064
I'm not fat, I just want to get toned and feel better. So it's okay I think.
>>
>>40304131
Yes like I said, aim for next summer.
I don't think you understand that building a nice body takes time, especially if you're not gonna lift. If you're just gonna swim you won't even come close.
>>
The best part is checking out qts in one piece swimsuits. Ehehehehe.
>>
>>40302870
Shit advice and shit thread, swimming is retarded and you're probably a twink, post pic or gtfo
>>
>>40302870
>1 hour of HIIT

spotted the guy not doing HIIT properly, jesus christ.

lengthen the warm up, add a cool down, do HIIT for 15-30 minutes. it's been proven that swimming tends to lead to overeating more than any other form of cardio, so be very disciplined about a good diet.
>>
>>40302924
you should probably have started out doing crawl

>>40304069
this is very good advice all around. kick and body position go hand in hand
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.