[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will good form 100% protect me from injuries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1478731037210.jpg (572KB, 945x1477px)
1478731037210.jpg
572KB, 945x1477px
Will good form 100% protect me from injuries?
>>
>>40297968
Never deadlift tired.
>>
>>40297968

No. disks will slip randomly after 2pl8s. This is why you should stay away from deadlifts COMPLETELY! Try doing some pullups on the assisted machine and do light body weight squats.
>>
>>40297968
No.
>>
>>40297989

Thanks will do
>>
>>40297989
This is true I'm very meticulous with my form and I still wound up ducking my back up and putting me out of lifting for a good month. Deadlifts are great when your young but I would recommend alternatives as you get older just to avoid the inevitable back pain that will eventually pop up.
>>
>>40297989
I deadlift 5+ plates, now, and the only time I ever hurt my back was deadlifting 30 lb. dumbbells for reps when I first started lifting. It's amazing how things can change in two years.
>>
>>40298023

No dude...stop spreading misinformation...your form has NOTHING to do with your healthy back. You are lucky you haven't been paralyzed yet.
>>
>>40297989
>2 pl8s
lmao enjoy snap city 1pl8 is the limit
>>
>>40298038
Memers like you should kys.
>>
>>40297989
>stay away from deadlifts COMPLETELY!
lol
>>
>>40298046
I would say 1pl8, but i didn't want to get flamed.

>>40298055
We'll see whos memeing in 20 years. You will be stuck in a wheelchair...
>>
>>40297989
Get out of here, Gains Goblin.
>>
>>40297968
I'd say it'll protect you from injuries 90% of the time

the remaining 10% is completely random. The other day I was squatting and strained my trap while resting between sets

fact of the matter is you should NEVER egolift
>>
>>40297989
can confirm, had good form but weak abs, 3.5pl deads, herniated l5/s1 and another protrusion at l7

I'm back at the gym with squats and bp but no DL anymore, at least for 6 months
>>
People always say "practice good form and you will have no injuries." While that is true to some degree, but I guarantee nobody that deadlifts regularly has perfect form 100% of the time. After several sets and reps, form will deteriorate after struggling to lift the weight after repetitions. Don't get me wrong, the deadlift is a great exercise, but sometimes people go too heavy when there's no reason to. If you're into the powerlifting sport and want to compete, then you know full well that injuries are somewhat likely. However, for most of us who just lift to better ourselves, it's just not worth it to go real heavy on deadlifts. Get a weight you can easily control. Focus slowly on your repetitions and don't rush.
>>
>work out with perfect form every day
>making godly gains
>one day on route to gym
>hit by a car

unfortunately the answer is no
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.