[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are kettlebells a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 7.jpg (71KB, 869x700px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
71KB, 869x700px
I'm thinking of buyign a 35lb one to start off my home gym, but it's pricey as hell ($50)
>>
Yes they're a total meme
>>
>>40289229
Just don't get one of those stupid animal face ones.
>>
>>40289229
They are good for weightless and explosiveness
>>
for bodybuilding? yes.

if you want to pursue a more balanced strength practical for let's say martial arts then no.

it's not about what tools you use its about how you use them
>>
>>40289229
I have a 35lb and a 55lb. Yeah they are expensive. Don't listen to the haters OP, kettlebells are great.
>>
>>40291149
>more balanced strength
what the hell does this even mean

If you want things that work in multiple planes just do shit like split squats. They're overrated and most people who do use them have no idea what they're doing and just swing them like an idiot or do their shitty cleans with them.
>>
>>40291162
they're also fun as fuck. put some rage against the machine and go to fucking town for 3 songs. guaranteed to be in a pool of sweat
>>
>>40289229
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/5-week-whole-body-single-kettlebell-workout
>Inb4 muscle and fitness
>>
>>40291183
you ever been in a compromised position on let's say a double leg take down where your hips aren't underneath you?

using something like a huge heavy ball that you're swinging around that is trying to get you off balance in tons of positions helps alot with that kind of shit
>>
>>40291213
i don't know what the hell type of exercise you're referring to with kettlebells that do that, but that basically sounds like you want split squats.
>>
>>40289229

They're useful for conditioning and for light speed/power training. Not so much as a main strength deal.

Which to my mind puts them in the same category as stuff like chains, sleds, specialty bars etc - nice to have and worth picking up if you've got the cash and an idea of what to use them for, but not in the first five things I'd buy for a homegym.
>>
>>40289229
What is good enough for Mother Russia is good enough for me.
>>
I have a 30lb KB, it's fun to switch up on an offday when I don't feel like doing what I do normally. Gets a good sweat/heart rate going while building some endurance.

>would recommend unless you want just hurr durr weights up and down
>>
>>40289229
Was going to pull the trigger on some but I dont like doing those stupid fucking swings and taking those out is like 1/3 of the workout.
>>
you can use a kettlebell for most dumbbell excercises and do swings n shit with them, they are not a meme.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.