[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/blade/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
anyone here skate? /asp/ directed me here.

Does it fuck up your ankles or make them stronger? What do you use? I have Twisters ans my ankes fukkin hurt
>>
Proper sized, tied blades should have no effect on your ankles. At first it might hurt your knees a bit if you have poor posture.
I have rollerblade 84 sparks
>>
>>40288967

Not OP
How does this compare to biking to work?
about 5 miles, mix of flat & moderate grade, plenty of multi-use paths of road quality (not poorly maintained sidewalk
>>
Rollerblading seems scary
>Wheels strapped to your feet
>Just turn sideways really quick to stop (or use face as break)
>Enhance your ability to twist your ankles by adding like 7 inches lift

Maybe if you go really fast you'll grow stronger feet
>>
>>40289006
In short distances I'd say it's more efficient than a bike

pros: It's lightweight, easier to maintain, you can put it in your backpack and get on public transport if necessary. You can use both bike paths and sidewalks. Looks cooler than a bike :)

cons: Hills suck. Both uphill and downhill. Rough terrain sucks. It shakes your skull and eyes at first but I heard you get adjusted to it in time. Not as easy as hopping on a bike and just pedaling. You must learn how to brake quickly.

Ankles are the safest parts due to blades technology. Wristguards is a must at all times. If you are into tricks or speed, helmet, kneepads and elbowpads as well.

Check this guy's channel if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/user/PintoPonyProductions
>>
>>40288419
I fucking hate roller bladers. God damn assholes block the entire BIKE path getting in the way of cyclists. Always have headphones and can't hear you trying to pass.
>>
>>40289663
I just zoom by people like that as close as possible to scare them.
>>
>>40289487

I've kind of gotten interested since after my hernia surgery a couple of years back, biking never seemed as comfortable. I just seem to get winded a lot easier once the side I had surgery on decides to tire. Doesn't happen with lifting or anything else, and that sucks ass bc my city is great for running/biking/skating.

I'm not about to start jogging/running, so I'll probably start looking for a decent used pair to try out on the path in my neighborhood.

As for the braking, I'm already used to that. Asshole drivers here have a habit of running red lights & scaring the shit out of pedestrians/bikes
>>
The hardest part about rollerblading is phoning your dad and telling him you're gay
>>
>>40289971
Thanks. I'm glad someone else posted this
>>
>>40289941
Definitely do it. I got mine from Goodwill (second hand store in US).

>>40289663
>>40289720
Respecting the traffic rules and others goes without saying especially if you're commuting in busy streets.
But I also hate cyclists riding on the beachwalks or parks as if they're in fucking Tour de France.

>>40289971
>>40290121
Great Aziz Ansari sketch :)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.