[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym humiliation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (66KB, 632x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 632x640px
This embarrassed me so, so very much.

> Be me
> I think two years ago
> At a new gym, trying it out.
> Do my usual warm up, 10 reps of 110 on the bench press.
> It's a pitiful amount, not even my weight, but I'm a work in progress.
> Notice people giving me the shit eye, don't know why.
> See someone else benching to my left, except he's not using a machine and the bar isn't connected to wires.
> Any non-autist who's stepped into a gym knows what the problem is already.
> I'm done with my reps and check the "bench press machine". Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
> Fucking squat rack.
> I did this for years.
> Why didn't anyone tell me? Why did I never check the label?
> This whole time I though people who did squats with the "bench press machine" we're the assholes instead of me.
> Somehow able to swallow the embarrassment.
> Decide to give REAL bench press a shot.
> Start small with 50 lbs
> Lift it twice before I can't even get it off my chest.
> Leave
> Surprised I didn't cry when I got home.

So what are your stories?
>>
>>40282419
I saw a dude fall on the treadmill the other day. I was walking on the treadmill looking his direction and I saw him eat shit. I felt bad for him because his gook wife yelled at him after. He looked so sad after
>>
>>40282419
We're you benching in the smith machine? Dude that's nothing. Lots of people do that when they don't have a spot and want to go heavy. But you should bench with normal benches to work on stabilizers.
>>
>>40282449
i have a history of tripping while doing cardio but nobody even noticed desu
but when i deadlift everybody stares
fucking commercial gyms man
>>
File: 1486052607786.jpg (22KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1486052607786.jpg
22KB, 639x639px
>>40282419
The Smith Machine is not a squat rack, retard
>>
>>40282419
>smith machine
>squat rack
>>
>>40282419
I had a sneeze while warming up with 135lb and a stranger had to lift the weight off my chest.
>>
>>40282419

Leg press?
>>
>>40284271
He said it had wires

I don't use machines so I don't know what the fuck he was using
>>
>>40284631
Why didn't you just lift one side up until the plate fell off?
>>
>>40282419
Sounds like a smith machine dude, that's not a fucking squat rack lmao. anyway, i see people bench pressing in both all the time, so not sure what the problem is here
>>
File: 1484260440622.jpg (86KB, 640x940px) Image search: [Google]
1484260440622.jpg
86KB, 640x940px
This was a couple months ago but still made me feel awful

>Be 21 year old male
>self loathing hungry skeleton in training
>Be at small gym

>Kind of late, im the only one there
>Doing some stuff in the freeweight section
>Enter Chad, Brad, Stacey and Jessica
>Around my age
>Brad and Jessica disappear to cardio or something
>Chad and Stacey come over to freeweights
>Acting like a middleschool couple, Stacey giggling, lots of touching, she stands on his toes and they make out
>I have earbuds in, try my best to ignore it
>Chad does like three reps on the bench press, Stacey sits on his lap and they talk and laugh
>Chad does some bicep curls and Stacey grabs his arms and chest and they kiss again
>Dont understand why they are here, Chad barely working out and Stacey doing nothing
>They both keep eyeing me the whole time
>Hear them talking
>Pause my music but keep the earbuds in
>Stacey is on his toes again
>"Omg Chad your muscles, you're so hot I love you so much."
>Chad tilts his head in my direction
>"Would you still love me even if I looked like that?"
>Stacey looks me over top to bottom then back to him
>"Pfffft! Hahahaha!"
>She busts up laughing and shaking her head as she buries her face in his chest
>I watch all of this in the mirrior through my peripheral vision and act like I dont hear or see them
>Finish my routine and leave
>Sit alone in silence in my car for like fifteen minutes before I drive home
>>
File: 1485373128013.jpg (50KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485373128013.jpg
50KB, 450x450px
>>40286487
Should have called him out, slapped him and ran off with his GF
>>
File: 1483840906801.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483840906801.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>40286487
Do not focus on the past, anon. Focus on the present, and what will become of your future. Gainz for the gainz godz
>>
>>40286487
I'm usually very laid-back but I got unreasonably angry just reading that.
>>
>>40286487
well it seems you lift for you and he "lifts" for her ... i dont hink he wanted to make fun of you, he got an answer that he did not want to hear ... good for you, i guess.
>>
>>40286487

was Chad actually swole? I ask because everyone I've ever encountered in the gym that is actually strong has been nothing but pleasant.

The only time I encountered an insecure type was on the dip station, and he wasn't even that bad.

>I'm repping weighted dips with +80lbs,
>tryhard Chad-wannabe with frosted tips and sunglasses (indoors, at night) walks up to the station with his girl
>Doesn't give me shit or anything, just has that "too excited for the gym and talking loudly trying to impress" kind of thing going
>I ask him if he wants to work in while I rest between sets
>He's not exactly DYEL, but I can tell he is not particularly strong either
>He asks me if he could try my weights belt (the gym's own ones are always in short supply so I bring my own)
>I let him, and he struggles to do a single rep in front of his gf, so they both walk off

He wasn't a cunt to me or anything, but had the appearance and attitude of a massive faggot. Maybe I am the faggot for looking down on him.
>>
>>40282517
same, are they intimidated by diddlies or something?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.