[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take for a carb addiction to fade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1085822-8-1361608335448.jpg (121KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1085822-8-1361608335448.jpg
121KB, 600x450px
How long does it take for a carb addiction to fade?
>>
Yes.
>>
Yes.
>>
Can you even be addicted to a macro-nutrient?
>>
>>40272987

DNP, tren and hgh/insulin will make you crave for it.

On the bright side, if you're on tren, dnp or/and hgh+insulin then you absolutely burn through carbs and get insane gains/remain lean.
>>
>>40272909
2 weeks physically and however long it takes you to stop being a pussy mentally.
>>
>>40273006
Type 1 diabetic here. Insulin doesn't make you crave carbs, nor does it hinder you or cause problems in any way, this is all /fit/ memery. Unstable blood sugars can and will make you crave carbs and cause other problems. Important difference.

Complex carbs are great for you. Refined carbs and processed foods are shit for you. We've known this forever.
>>
>>40273025

You think you won't go hypoglycemic and die from lack of carbs if you inject yourself with shitloads of HGH and insulin?

you realize these guys aren't taking "prescription" levels of insulin.
>>
>>40273064
You mean hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia is high blood sugar. Of course you will, that's not what's causing you to crave sugar though, at least not strictly.

There's also no such thing as a prescription level of insulin. If you have a prescription for insulin you take as much as you need to compensate for what you eat, the weather, how much you work out, etc.
>>
>>40273151
>You mean hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia is high blood sugar

you have this backwards
>>
>>40273019
Pretty much this.

And if you slip up after that two weeks, they can come back hard.

I did Keto for two months, got halfway to goal weight, got flu had to eat carbs, set myself back a whole month.
>>
>>40272909
Two weeks
>>
>>40272987
it's not an essential macro, so... yes
>>
>>40273242
Woops, I'm retarded
Diabetic for 15 years and I still fuck it up.
>>
>>40272909

>How long does it take for a carb addiction to fade?

Depends on how you tackle the issue -- quitting all refined/bleached/processed carbs at once (ie, going cold turkey) or reducing them over a period of times like days or weeks.

At 278 lbs I decided to cut out the majority of carbs from my diet as well as soda and high sugar content foods all at once. It was a serious mental hurdle to get over... for about a week.

My suggestion when you have that craving or moment of mental weakness drink water, drink water, drink water and eat a couple of raw carrots or other veggies instead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.