[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: wge.jpg (54KB, 620x370px) Image search: [Google]
wge.jpg
54KB, 620x370px
I was watching an old James Bond movie, made during the 1960's and I noticed something
People look different
The men are taller, they have more man like structures, their voices sound more adult life even if not deeper, just more matured. Their ways of talking are polite and ways of dressing too. The entire world barely 70 years ago is so different, so much better
It's like looking at a different planet, If a man from the 1960's appeared here he would stand out
Men today even the most masculine men don't look nearly as man like as men back then. So many people are short, I have never heard a voice in real life quite like a man from years ago. Everyone today talks as if they're talking under their breath. And the whole world looks out of place, the advertisements everywhere don't flow, the cars look like the same advertisements, clothes look like women's clothes.
Even teenagers 16-18 years ago look like 20-30 year olds we have today

Evolution and adaptation doesn't work this fast. Something has changed in the world that has vastly changed what people look and act like.
>>
>>40266760
no dude, that was just a movie
>>
are you retarded
>>
File: photo_2017-02-05_02-10-30.jpg (156KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-02-05_02-10-30.jpg
156KB, 1200x787px
>>40266772
Ok here's a real photo and a video from 1950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0_vOw6eCc
>>
>>40266760
> 1960
> 70years ago
>>
Don't tell me you can't see it
The world today isn't the same world as the world 60 years ago
>>
>>40266760
>>40266819
I guess men were also better at math back then too
>>
>>40266819
oh okay 57 years ago I got the math wrong
That just makes it even more shocking as that's an even shorter amount of time
>>
Is it maybe something about the low quality cameras and microphones that make men years ago look and sound different from today
>>
>>40266760
It's a fucking movie, you tard. It doesn't reflect reality.

They pick the best looking/sounding actors and roll with it.
>>
>>40266760
Well, lots of people were short then. Shorter, even. Average height has risen. Voices were recorded differently back then so, you got a heavier tone. Those were usually stage actors too, so they were trained to project their voice. Men look especially masculine because they're bronzed.

It's a movie, anon.

But yeah, culture is very different. We used to think psychopaths that James Bond would chase would wear tuxedos and have fancy dress parties. Now we've realized it's more like that XXX movie with Vin Deisel. They're into extreme sports and they drive gaudy cars and get ugly tattoos.
>>
Right... Because James Bond films filled with masculine actors are obviously the absolute most accurate representation of what everything was like in that time frame.
>>
The numale came about because of xenoestrogens in our water supply due to selfish women taking the pill because they wanna ride the cock carousel without consequences.

Just wear a damn condom.
>>
>>40266760
I don't think anyone can argue against this.. although most people wouldn't want to go back to that anyway.

everything has a much wider range now, in the sense that there are things that look like absolute shit and really good in each category

lets take cars for example, we have some good looking ones now and also a lot of really horrible looking ones. Same goes for clothes, we have awesome looking clothes, but also some really fucking terrible ones.

and then out on the streets you se an atrocious clusterfuck of a mix of all the things available -- with nobody keeping any control over it.

In the 1960s etc most people followed what a few experts decided, in e.g. fashion and everyone trusted that and wore it making the people on the streets look quite coherent.

In a lot of ways it makes sense.. why would somebody who has absolutely no idea try to put together their own clusterfuck of an outfit when there are experts that you could consult on what to wear to look good, and then get it tailored to perfection for your body. It doesn't make any sense, but nowadays everybody is an expert with 3 phd in every subject it seems.
>>
Life got easier, so people got softer.
That is probably what the men in China or India are going to be like in 50 years
>>
The average height has only gone up you dolt.

>clothes look like women's clothes.
The James Bond suit is still current, with some minor alterations..

>If a man from the 1960's appeared here he would stand out

Yeah he would be shorter and skinnier, on average

People have certainly gotten fatter that I'll give you.

>Their ways of talking are polite and ways of dressing too.
What the fuck about James Bond struck you as polite?
>>
>>40266902
TURNING THE FUCKIN FROGS GAY
>>
people don't look different. you just only see pictures of attractive people from back then, no ordinary and ugly people. nowadays everyone has a camera, so its not people have changed, you're just seeing more people who aren't attractive
>>
>>40266760

>What is hollywood
>>
>>40266895
Well, in the 1950s my grandfather (typical laborer), used to carry 60-100kgs (140-225lb) sacks of grain, and lift them up about 1.8m onto the tractor carriage. And they did this for 8-10 hours straight each day until the work was done during that season. His wife also sometimes took a few of those sacks and threw them onto the carriage.

try taking a random laborer couple and putting them into that situation now... good luck

of course people were fitter and more manly back then
>>
>>40266760
>Men today even the most masculine men don't look nearly as actors in a James bond movie

Are you sure about what you're talking about because in my opinion you don't know what you're talking about my friend
>>
>>40266760
you be tellin me... that people in movies look better than people in real-life??
>>
>>40266923
>What the fuck about James Bond struck you as polite?
are you serious man?
James Bond is pure class, he'd be getting his ass kicked by 10 people and still be cool and polite
>>
OP Why don't you head over to that "people of walmart" site and count how many well dressed suave Daniel Craig types you see pictured there...
>>
>>40266939
Yep this, you are selectively ignoring everything else because nobody recorded it.

Love this retarded phenomenon where people think the 30s, 40s, and 50s were some lost golden era because they only watch movies, and get this idea in their head that everyone lived every day as some perfect fantasy movie script and they get nostalgic for a time they didn't live in
>>
>>40266760
>The men are taller
No. Average height was much shorter back then.
>they have more man like structures
Actors today still look much more masculine than the average guy.
>their voices sound more adult life even if not deeper, just more matured
Stage actors are trained to speak like that.
>Their ways of talking are polite and ways of dressing too.
You are an idiot.
>>
>>40266760
>why do actors in a Hollywood movie look and sound attractive and masculine?
>>
>>40266986
but the point OP makes (except the height) is still true even if you only compare using movies from 2015-2016 and the older ones

it is even true if you only compare male lead actors

there is absolutely no-one currenty and hasn't been for a long fucking time that could compete with old Bond guys. Hell nobody can compete with stallone or even fucking bruce willis either
>>
File: Goldfinger-Swimming-Trunks.jpg (366KB, 1680x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Goldfinger-Swimming-Trunks.jpg
366KB, 1680x1007px
What the fuck are you on about. Pic related is what a 32 yr old action hero looked like back in the days. A man in his early 30s who looks like that today would be considered unfit in most large urban areas. I seriously see fitter looking people on my daily commute.

Besides, James Bond's selling points have always been the glam, high flying lifestyle with the best cars, clothes and hotels on screen. So it's expected people will be dressed way better than the average in any instalment of the franchise.
>>
The past looks better sometimes because we're only looking into what has managed to survive through the ages. The best, or at least most notable, parts that have been cherry picked. Look at music. Imagine the loads of terrible shit noise filtered out through time because they just weren't worth remembering, but the 'best' stuff is still around, giving you the impression that everything from its era was the same quality.
>>
>>40267083
lol are there even male leads at this point with a body that mediocre? Jeez

I mean functionally that body is fine, and I wouldn't mind if hollywood kept expectations in rein, but leads don't look like that anymore, unless it's some old guy or kid

actually even the kids are ripped now..
>>
File: 1486232250517.jpg (62KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486232250517.jpg
62KB, 600x594px
>>40266760

You make a good point, anon, but they didn't have metal back then.
>>
>>40267083
during that epoch bulky muscles was only for low-class heavy laborers. It was certainly not an attractive trait
>>
>>40267012
>Hell nobody can compete with stallone or even fucking bruce willis either
Scott Adkins, Chris Hemsworth and even Chris Pratt are all actors who actually trained some form of combat sport. What the fuck have Stallone and Willis ever done aside from bicep curls to be granted action star status by hollywood? The market has become way more competitive. It was easier to make it back then, but if either one of them had started their career this decade, they wouldn't have made it past B movies. And the reason for that is because people have become more health conscious. Everyone who isn't a lazy cunt or a cripple works out or trains something today. No one is impressed by some pot bellied nolegs faggot pretending he can fight on screen anymore.
>>
>>40267129
slayer is trash and terrible
>>
File: chris-pratt.jpg (72KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
chris-pratt.jpg
72KB, 600x450px
>>40267142
you can't be serious
>>
>>40266760
That's why they're ACTORS you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>40267142
but all those are excellent examples of OPs point

they have the most beta faces / insecure looks ever

what the fuck.. even tough willis was a fat bald fucker he is infinitely more manly than those 3 examples

also made way better movies
>>
>>40266799
They're not even good looking, only thing thats changed is the fashion
>>
>>40266760
By the time our masters work is done, every living thing shall have the status of a machine
>>
File: 1485928884458.jpg (60KB, 810x557px) Image search: [Google]
1485928884458.jpg
60KB, 810x557px
>>40266799
Look at all those short twinks. Daddy yes!!!
>>
>>40266875
that's fucking crazy talk. go to /x/ if you want to spout this conspiracy shit
>>
I love the retarded conclusions people come to when they honestly think if it wasn't photographed or recorded, it simply didn't happen until it was. I know that the public became more aware of police brutality after video recorders started to be less than $300 but it's like saying the ability for police brutality to happen was not physically possible unless it's caught on a camera. As in a police officer needs a camera around in order to do that.

homeless people didn't exist until I was born and started seeing it, it's just because people nowadays are lazier right?

Also, based on this picture I found, it was completely physically impossible to be homeless and not be eating thanksgiving dinner. There aren't any pictures of just homeless people from this era, the microsecond you lost your home, you were simply transported to a shelter with thanksgiving dinner. Even if it wasn't thanksgiving. Proof is that this picture exists and others don't
>>
>>40266760
/pol/ will give you the answers but they're not pretty
>>
>>40267165
https://youtu.be/dNGgTuaMrBI?t=1m55s
they're generic but this riff is great
>>
File: FedoraSucks.jpg (59KB, 965x506px) Image search: [Google]
FedoraSucks.jpg
59KB, 965x506px
>>40266760
literal fedora poster
>>
>judging a generation of men based on a movie

It's a fucking movie you dingus. Everything is acted and scripted, and they speak like that because it's part of acting.
>>
>>40266760
The men are average height, there wasn't that many lanklets back then..... probably why they all have a somewhat muscular build and are never lanky faggots
>>
>>40266760
Men in the 60s were way more manly than today

Have you seen how many beta fag males don't even do labor work these days?
>>
>>40267165

What's the matter not trve kvlt enough for you, ya edgy faggot?
>>
>>40266760
HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP;
fucks with your body's metabolism and your mind, a main reason why ADHD exists, and boomed in the 90's and 00's when hfcs was the norm instead of sugar(still is).

That, and many things that affect estrogen, such as plastics becoming what is used to produce everyday items.
>>
>>40267337
>flood western countries with low-iq foreigners who will do manual work for 1/3 of the price while sharing a shoebox with 12 other immigrants
>call white males betas for moving to the service sector

Fuck off kike.
>>
>>40266799
If so these guys dressed the way people did from this age do, got hair cuts and shaves like normies then they'd look just as babyfaced and feminine.

Look at the bottom row of dudes. They look like children trying to fit in with everyone around them.
>>
>>40266760

The mass media has to appeal to the youth market, which has much deeper pockets than it did in the 60s. And the youth market wants to see young idols on the screen. That means more Zac Efrons and fewer Sean Connerys. There has also been a coarsening of mainstream society such that formality and politeness are no longer expected.
>>
>>40267165
>implying Reign in Blood isn't the best album ever produced by any of the Big Four
>>
All sorts of chemicals and hormones in our daily lives. From hygiene products to the very food, air, and water we consume to stay alive.

Some is intentional social engineering, some is just the product of unrestrained greed.
>>
>>40267390
i await your peer-reviewed studies
>>
>>40267694
Kerry king can go suck a chode
>>
>>40266760
Estrogen in the water. Notice that women look hotter today than they did in pictures that are 100-150 years old. Women back then weren't hot. Pretty women were more of a rare thing to see.
>>
i love the aesthetic, i don't know why. i also love the voice. hearing a recording of a man speaking from several decades ago just makes me so intrigued. the men sound so well spoken, hot and intriguing.
i think this is one of the reasons i loved mad men so much.
it also seems like on average there were a lot less fat people, and a lot of young men were built even if they weren't working out since they had manual labor to do.
something about an intelligent and well built man in a suit makes me daydream.

kind of wish you didn't bring this thread up because i went to a fast food place last week and saw a table full of stereotypical "nu-males" and i had never had my pussy so dry in my life. i don't even like 'chads' i just don't like the jew look.
>>
>>40267760
Pretty women are still rare, but you'd never notice thanks to tons of cosmetics, 100$ hair-cuts, spanks, phtoshop etc.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.