[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARM THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: concentration-curls-end.jpg (52KB, 336x359px) Image search: [Google]
concentration-curls-end.jpg
52KB, 336x359px
I know people on here like to make fun of curlbros, but be honest, who doesn't like big arms? I feel my arms are small in comparison to the rest of my body, what kind of exercises should I do for big arms? I already do skull crushers and have tried multiple forms of curls, what else?
>>
RMZ
>>
When will you dyels learn that there is no special exercise

Its all about quality high reps and a shitload of sets multiple times a week that gets you jacked

You dont need huge weights for arms, just try to get the lactic acid burning through ~10-15 reps. Concentration curls are a good exercise
>>
>>40259348
>Concentration curls are a good exercise

I think he's figured that out you dumbfuck it is his photo.

And since OP surely knows that you get bigger the more you work out he is just asking for new bicep lifts to do.

here you go:

Incline Bench curls: with your arms straight down to the floor curl the weights up to your chest.

Hammer curls: when you finish twist your wrist to the outside to get a bit of a squeeze. these are fun because you can get a little forearm action on them.

Have fun OP
>>
File: 17.5incharm.png (630KB, 548x730px) Image search: [Google]
17.5incharm.png
630KB, 548x730px
dont even train arms directly lol
>>
>>40259308
Dips/CGBP
curls and hammer curls.
>>
>>40259348
I know that, but I haven't really progressed in weight with curls, no matter the curl variant I do. I usually do 10 reps per arm per set, but I've been stuck using dumbbells around 10 kg for a while. When I go heavier I start to cheat my reps. I don't really make any progress, so I'm looking for advice.
>>
>>40259308
>I already do skull crushers and have tried multiple forms of curls, what else?
There is no magic exercise. Just doing decent volume on a few arm basic exercises (curls, skull-crusher, hammer curls, forearm roll-outs) should be more than enough.

But the reason that people make fun of curlbros is that they usually go for their 3rd curl variation of the day while having shitty legs/traps/whatever. Plus arms get pretty big just by doing main lifts and a few few isolation sets per week - not at first, but after a couple years you get the classic meathead look by focusing too much on arms all the time.
>>
>>40259308
Barbell Curl
Reverse Barbell Curl
Chin ups
Skull Crushers
Closed Grip Bench Press
Dips
Hammer Curls

These are what work for me. I also think reverse barbell curls are underrated, they explode your forearms and biceps.
>>
>>40259400
it shows lol
>>
>>40259308
Well I just benchpress to get some nice triceps and do many curls.
So far so good.
>>
>>40259456
How much can you chinup, probally not much

Its not that chinups are a bicep exercise, but they will expose your biceps to bigger weights(that is your bodyweight)

do them weighted
>>
>>40259308
Cable curls really helped me. Ive always struggled with regulare curls as it only gives my forearms a pump, but cable curls really changed the game for me.
OHP, dips and rows are enough for my triceps.
>>
>>40259491
I do all the main lifts, but I feel my arms are lagging behind. Still a beginner, though. My 5RMs are:
Bench 75 kg
Squat 80 kg
Deadlift 125 kg
OHP 45 kg
>>40259518
I can do 8 unweighted chinups for one set.
>>
>>40259518
Weighted chin ups feel different than bodyweight only in terms of biceps usage. At least for me. Its better done weighted.
>>
>>40259549
>I do all the main lifts, but I feel my arms are lagging behind. Still a beginner, though. My 5RMs are: Bench 75 kg
Your arms are small because you're small. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that doing a quick superset or two of tris/bis after every main session is a bad idea - it's a great idea for any noob. But it takes time to look impressive, so don't be too disappointed and don't spend all your time doing arm isolations when your whole body needs plenty of attention.
>>
>>40259308
if you want to focus solely on arms. what would you do?

like 3 sets of 12 reps before bed every day? or more like 12 sets of 12 reps of 4 different curl variants before bed every day.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.