[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is beef jerky /fit/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: o-BEEF-JERKY-facebook.jpg (354KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-BEEF-JERKY-facebook.jpg
354KB, 2000x1000px
Is beef jerky /fit/ approved?
>>
>>40253907
only if you make your own.
>>
Is biltong and beef jerky the same thing
>>
For fat retarded americans it is. Hey, someone has to feed the multi billion dollar cancer industry. Go vegan.
>>
>>40253907
I mean I guess
>>
>>40253907
It's full of salt anon.
More so then subway bread or mcfries.
Other than a bloat, it's not the worst for you.
>>
Once in a while it's not bad. High protein in not many calories.
Shitload of salt though
>>
>>40253907
its like my first aid kit when i forget to eat but otherwise not worth the cost and negatives
>>
>>40253907
>>40253916

Have you guys made your own before? Is it cost effective to make it vs buy. Only curious
>>
>>40253907
>not making your own biltong
>>
>>40254124
I'd like to make my own but I have no idea how to jerk the beef, do you let it go dry on its own and fry it or something?
>>
>>40253907
>poors man jamón

na
>>
>>40254124
>>40254197
My family makes its own jerky, but it's generally venison and we use a meat smoker. You could try beating meat from the cheaper cuts into small flat pieces then hang them to dry in the oven at low heat for similar results. For a long time.
>>
File: IMG_3118.jpg (262KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3118.jpg
262KB, 960x720px
>>40254124
I make my own since I also go /out/ a lot, it's easy, definitely cheaper than store bought.
>>
>red meat

gotta mire those heart disease and colon cancer gains
>>
>>40254124
>Have you guys made your own before? Is it cost effective to make it vs buy.

If you've got a food dehydrator and an oven, you can make jerky.

It's very hard to buy jerky that isn't tarted up with sugar, which you don't want, so the easiest path to healthy jerky is to make it yourself.
>>
>>40254124
I make it all the time and after the cost of the dehydrator its way cheaper and better tasting than any store bought jerky ive had. I recommend Alton Browns recipe.
>>
>>40253907
shitload of sodium man.

and if you drink a gallon throughout your day, you're gonna look like a bloated sack of shit.

and feel like shit
>>
File: jerky.png (26KB, 701x593px) Image search: [Google]
jerky.png
26KB, 701x593px
>>40253907
>>
>>40254124
Easiest recipe

Freeze some silverside... Defrost about halfway and cut into thin strips <.75mm
Marinate that shit for 24hrs in whatever sauce you want

Next day turn oven onto 70C fan forced to get that air circulation...
Take jerky out of marinade and squeeze all juices out with a paper towel
Place on racks about 2cm apart
Leave for 3+hrs until you can bend it and watch the sinews break but not snap

Enjoy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.