[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swimming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20161228-WA0000.jpg (277KB, 960x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161228-WA0000.jpg
277KB, 960x1600px
Hi guys, I suck at swimming (I can float and go forward at a medium pace) and I'm a bit less than fat (24.5 bmi). I was thinking of hitting the pool regularly to deal with both issues, but I don't really know what to do except go back and forward, and to be honest I get bored and don't feel like it's doing anything to raise my swimming level. Any tips on specific exercises I can do? Thx
(Image is just cheese)
>>
Depends on what you want to do exactly.
>I get bored
So you want to have fun while swimming? If so, try to mix up, experiment and play around in the water. What I like to do is to swim around under water, do flips, spin, play around as if being different kinds of sea creatures, practice holding my breath, stand on my hands etc. Water as an element is pretty much limitless in its potential and I bet you can find it fun if you stop giving a fuck and just let go and be a kid again.
>don't feel like it's doing anything to raise my swimming level
Look up different swimming styles and techniques and try to incorporate that into your own swimming style. If you feel you're not improving then do stuff that will improve your swimming, quite simply.
I felt the same way before talking to an experienced swimmer who told me about arm/hand-form while crawl-swimming and after trying out her suggestion and developing on it my swimming improved. Then I looked up some video guides, incorporated that into my swimming and lo and behold, It improved my style. I won't write out these techniques here since you can easily find them if you look it up.
I'll give you one exercise/style that I've been developing though which I discovered myself (it probably has been discovered and named though).
Punchcrawl-swimming:
- when you raise your arm above the water surface, clench your hand into a fist and punch the water hard, then open your hand (fingers togheter off) and draw a regular stroke while the other hand is raised above the surface and repeat. Pretty much think of it like punching yourself forward. It makes swimming a bit more fun and adrenaline-stimulating (it's kinda like a water-punching bag and good for releasing frustration).

You gotta give it time and effort, but most of all, let loose and use your childlike instincts to make your own fun.
>>
>>40249106
Thanks, I'll try things out this afternoon :)
>>
>>40248645
*Snnnniiiiiifffff* oh my
Where is this glorious place anon? I can smell the Limburg mold from here.
>>
>>40249106
>going for personal record
>this guy appears in your lane trying to stand on his hands
>>
>>40250794

mmmhh quite pungent
>>
>>40248645
Learn to tread water, practice free style, do side stroke exercises/scissor kicks, learn bilateral breathing while freestyling and work on your kick....A lot
>>
>>40248645
hon hon hon regarde at all cette smelly francais cheese
>>
Any accessories I should do to not embarrass myself the few times a year I get to the pool?
>>
>>40248645
dude posting photos of the last time he went to the marché last sunday kek
>>
>>40249106
Op don't do any of this in the lap pool or a good swimmer will wrestle you to the bottom in the deep end and shark the fuck outta you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.