[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get the leeches!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1400w.jpg (93KB, 1400x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1400w.jpg
93KB, 1400x1066px
How does it feel now that you know that all the science that was done concerning nutrition and health is going to be replaced with new wisdom?

Right now, your doctor, nurse, mother and government are telling you things based on junk science. Researchers are admitting that they came to those conclusions because they were paid by sugar producers, pharamaceutical companies and other industries.

To think that right now, your views on TDEE, hormones, cholesterol, health and nutrition are all going to be barbarian practices and beliefs to the anons 40 years from now. They will look at your beliefs on saturated fat the same way you look at a barber putting leaches on someone's forehead to heal them.

And it will take 40 years before the real science gets out there. All of these industries and scientists that build careers on trusting that their assumptions were solid instead of verifying them and doing real science won't let people call all of their work and ideas bullshit. They have a livelyhood and a legacy to think about. They will defend their belief that sugar is good for you until the day they die. And the doctors that have to worry about malpractice suits won't be telling any of their patients that their recommendations were based on junk ideas, because they also have a career to protect.

The only ones telling the truth for at least the next decade or more are those with nothing to lose, or those that have already lost everything.

So tell me anon, how does it feel?
>>
I dreamt of Paris again last night
>>
>>40242798
What in the hell are you going on about?
>>
>>40242798

If you had half a brain, you'd be following something closer to what I've seen in classic bodybuilding /physical culturist writings

Plenty of meat. Eggs. Milk. Veggies More veggies. The outer ring of the supermarket diet.

I'm not denying there's going to be a "new" wisdom, but for different reasons than you say. Science has only recently started to decode the endocannaboid connection to digestion, and that's probably going to dwarf it's applications for pain management.

As far as the rest of your rant, we've known the solution all along; we've moved to a sedentary culture that is the root cause of our disease of affluence. Rather than be more active to a standard that the body needs, we medicate ourselves & end up with Boogie & HAES & reality shows thereof
>>
>>40243191
>>Science has only recently started to decode the endocannaboid connection to digestion, and that's probably going to dwarf it's applications for pain management.
I like the cut of your jib. The funny part is that we don't know what is right, just that we know we are wrong.
>>
>>40243870

And that is the fucking point of science.

I could say the average /pol/tard doesn't get it, and that's why your areas they pull from (Evan. Christian, "working class") that are already dumb as fuck are also unhealthy as fuck. But that's not the whole picture. As automation took over industry, we lost one of the best sources of physical activity for non-farm workers.

Are the drug makers to blame? I don' t think so; the chemists behind the work could be honest, but anyone with a brain should know a pill can't cure a fixable issue that you won't correct.

Is the GMO-producing food industry to blame? Some of their product isn't going to turn you into a blob of lard overnight. It takes work on the part of the consumer to do that over years of incomplete nutrition. We can't feed an ever growing world population on what we can produce at this very second.

Will the companies & government promote the "right" things? If there is profit involved, probably not; it won't kill you outright but there's no grand conspiracy.

It's a bit NewAge/hippy-ish , but if you're on this board and you aren't actively bettering your diet away from mass produced pre-packaged stuff, then at best you're treading water.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.