[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/run/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: p63_Yokainoshima-768x1007.jpg (111KB, 768x1007px) Image search: [Google]
p63_Yokainoshima-768x1007.jpg
111KB, 768x1007px
New Run Clubhouse
>Feet HURTAN
>Fat People JOGGAN
>Shit shoe SHILLAN
>Marathon TRAINAN
Get in here lads

Opening Volley
>that after morning run shit
feels good, lads
>>
Do heavy deadlift ( 5rm) 2 x a week mess with my legs for cardio ?
>>
>>40239197
And What is the best routine for someone who is looking to increase both his speed end endurance
( preferably speed for medium to short run ( 3 to 10 k ) )
>>
>>40238394
>run for a steady 30min on flat ground
>tackle small but steep hill at the end to finish it
>get to top
>calves absolutely destroyed and had to stop

fucking hell they were in agony, not a single problem all run then suddenly a slight incline and they were gone.

do you think the deadlifts/squats i have been doing has affected them?
>>
>running for the last 3 or 4 months
>still get shin splints

Is there no end to this?
>>
I have a treadmill at home. I want to start incline walking. Is it truly beneficial or is it a meme workout? For both cardio health and weight loss. I plan to run after I hit my goal weight for less stress on knees
>>
did a 2 hour 1 minute half marathon last spring, felt good

then got fat as shit at my new office job

recovering now, back to 30 mile weeks and lost 15 lbs after quitting Celexa
>>
File: IMG_20161124_105636.jpg (635KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161124_105636.jpg
635KB, 2048x1152px
I walk long distances on the train track close to my house. Recently I've begun C25K so I've been running on the track also. The ground is fairly level, stones spread between the dividers. I've been wearing normal work boots or rubber Wellington boots, so I'm looking to upgrade to a
good running shoe. I've got $200 to spend but I don't know where to begin researching what running shoe is good and appropriate. Any broad recommendations? What's a comfortable and tough running shoe under $200?
>>
File: help please.png (30KB, 500x901px) Image search: [Google]
help please.png
30KB, 500x901px
what to do about pain here? it's bothering me and ruining my workouts
>>
>>40242384
They wont go away if you keep running while you have. You have to take a break (at least a couple of weeks). It blows, but its the only way to be completely rid of them and even then they might return if you dont figure out why you got them in the first place.
>>
>>40243577
If you go to a store, they can recommend you a shoe that fits you perfectly.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (5KB, 179x282px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
5KB, 179x282px
About ten days ago I cut up my heel from running in tight shoes. It hasn't healed all that much since. Any tips on speeding up the healing process or to treat it better?
>>
>>40243980
nevermind, the pain is actually in my knee now, right above it. feels like the bottom end of my quad, i think. applied some icyhot and wrapped an ace bandage around it
>>
>>40244145
i had these before, they were caused by the heel part of my shoe being deformed because i kept on putting on my shoes funny. They make band-aids for these things that are kind of pricey, but they stick on well, and let you keep on running. i think they are called blister cushions. Just cover it up and it heal up pretty much in a week
>>
>>40244534
you should stretch out your quads more often
>>
Tip on how to increase my speed from a 30 minute 3k? I dream of one day having a 13 minute two mile.
>>
File: IMG_20170202_200848.jpg (47KB, 1384x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_200848.jpg
47KB, 1384x456px
Just started cross training with running and cycling. This was my afternoon run today, I think easing off my knees really helped. I have been running for a while btw.
>>
>>40244856
What is your weight? You may want to start doing light impact cardio 2-3 times a week(cycling or stationary bike) for at least 30 minutes at a decently hard pace on top of running twice a week. If you are over 250 I recommend only doing low impact cardio until you get below 250, upping it to 4-5 times a week. You can do it man, it just takes time. You will feel great after a few weeks though, it helps your sleep, skin, stress, etc.
>>
I'm a fatty (5'11, 220) with completely flat feet, like my footprints are straight up flat and are my entire feet.

I started doing couch to 5k on a treadmill I got myself recently, but I just can't do it with shoes on. Will running barefoot fuck up my feet any more than they already are, or am I fine as long as I don't have to run outside?
>>
>>40246028
Try to get special orthotics for your shoes. They help out a bunch with arch issues, whether they be too flat or too high.
>>
>>40246028
Its not necessarily gonna fuck your feet, but if youre fat, you need shoes with some support unless you wanna mess up your ankles, shins and knees. At 220lb you put a lot of stress on your joints and underdeveloped muscles. So get some shoes for people with flat feet, im sure it exists.
>>
>>40244761
Thank you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.