[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How far could you get working out from home, safely, with only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fit halloween.png (365KB, 1251x534px) Image search: [Google]
fit halloween.png
365KB, 1251x534px
How far could you get working out from home, safely, with only a barbell with weights and a squat rack (no power rack, they are expensive here)?

Front squat and/or hack squats instead of back squats.

Floor press instead of bench press.

Deadlifts and overhead press can still be done.

I supposed you'll need to protect the floor somehow as well.

The reason I ask is because there are only two power racks at the gym and they are often taken.
>>
>>40237317
you can buy a squat rack thats easy to hide away and doesnt cost much. The same with a bench which can be used with the squat rack for bench press.

And why cant you do squats with a squat rack?
>>
>>40237350
with a squat rack you can set it at the highest setting, add the bar too it and do pull ups and chin ups too.

With a barbell, weight, squat rack and a bench you can do pretty much everything.
>>
>can't back squat with a squat rack

are you stupid?
>>
>>40237358
No safety bars on a squat rack.
>>
>>40237390
oh, you mean a squat stand.
>>
If you have a gym sub, and the racks are so taxed that you're building a home gym, you need to talk to management about buying another rack. Seriously. I'd do that before even considering a home gym.

Power racks are cheaper than you think. Check craigslist or fitness outlets. I see them go for $150-250 all the time on CL.

If you are so poor you can't afford one, just do light weight squats while you save money, or build a squat rack. Or go suck dick for the money.

Get 2x 45 lb bumper plates for the deadlifts to protect the floor and give you the right bar height.
>>
>>40237418
Not everyone is American. A power rack would cost me the equivalent of at least $1000, and hard (or impossible) to find one used here.
>>
>>40237317
Barbell with free weights is the cheapest home start for beginners - build your own squat rack if you stick with it. Do pull ups at the park to get you exercising out of the house.
>>
>>40237350
I would highly advise against buying a cheap squat rack

Just save up for a decent power rack, it will save you money in the long run over a gym sub.
>>
>>40237317
As far as you're willing to push yourself.
>>
>>40237356
Manlet detected.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.