[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bad bench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Is there anything i can do to improve my bench PR other than just benching more? All of my other compound lifts are pretty good but the bench is my true nemesis
>>
Well... give more detail. What's your grip on the bar. How much are you doing. Do you do triceps often? Etc
>>
>>40230669
benching more is the only answer

to press a lot, you must press a lot

3x a week frequency, good amount of volume, chest/tricep work
>>
is that art by rob liefeld? god that guy sucked
>>
>>40230669
train partial ranges of motion. Train the specific part where you tend to get stuck. Add more volume, and do paused reps as well.
>>
>>40230669
Do overhead press and dips.
It also could be a technique issue.
>>
>>40230696
Don't bench heavy 3x a week. You're just asking for an injury. 2x a week tops.
>>
>>40231320
no, bench 3x a week, you're asking for gains
>>
bench, dips, ohp, CLOSE GRIP bench, tricep assistance work, you need to eat more if you want your bench to go up
>>
>>40231402
No, bench once a week you're asking for snab sity
>>
>>40230684
i do close grip, dont do triceps very often. ive been doing a lot of incline chest flies and dips hoping to improve

i bench 3x a week yeah... cant seem to up the PR. maybe i just need to be patient
>>
>>40231471
you're right

best to bench 0 times a week but go heavy
>>
>>40231596
i also feel like my technique might be really bad... dumb beginner-type question but do you ussually have the barbel touch your chest on the negative????
>>
>>40230973
yeah i think it is lol
>>
>>40231596
>>40231608
Maybe try listening to people? Bench 2x a week. Give your body time to rest. You don't build muscle benching, you build it when you're recovering. 90% of the time someone is plateu'ing they aren't letting their body recover either by:

Not resting enough.
Not sleeping well enough.
Not eating well enough.

If you're platued why on earth would you think: "Hey I just need to lift more!"
>>
>>40231627
thats good advice thank you
>>
File: 1267316-madman1.png (567KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
1267316-madman1.png
567KB, 457x640px
Bench everyday, kid.
>>
>>40230669
I really like Greg Nuckols's bench programs for what it's worth. You should look into them
>>
>>40231603
good point

best to bench 1.24 times a week but change it up a bit
>>
>>40230669
Why would he bench in that suit and why would the plate have a digital display to show the weight?
>>
>>40230669
I feel you breh. My bench also is so much worse than all of my other lifts. I stall way quicker and even during my regular working sets there's barely any speed or explosiveness in the movement. I'm pretty sure my technique is atleast decent so idk what this shit is.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.