[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

barbell only routines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

what routine can I do 6/7 days per week? Only have barbell, rack and incline-decline bench
>>
train 3 days a week and spend the other 3-4 days on getting a life.
>>
>>40225488
>squatting every day
This is why these both routines are fucking retarded.
>>
>>40225569
t. 2 plate quarter squatter
>>
>>40225569
you squat, press and pull every day. that's the point of doing a full body routine, dumbass. you don't squat more than you press and pull, it's just that you don't alternate the type of squat. if you benched every day and alternated front and back squats nobody would say "oh no, benching every day, that's why these routines are retarded" or complain about their arms and chest getting too big.
>>
>>40225576
Seems like you can't say anything about routines so you've just started ad hominem.
>>
>>40225615
>you squat, press and pull every day
For each quad dominant movement there should usually be a hip/ham dominant movement too. SS/SL are not balanced routines, it's a fucking fact.
>>
lads fuck this 3 days a week thing I don't just want to get strong I want to lose weight too. Give me a routine

>cardio
I already do 30 mins cardio before lifting each day and it's gay
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (34KB, 739x493px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
34KB, 739x493px
>>40225634
a low bar back squat is not a "quad dominant movement", dumbass. if you did front squats you would have a point. it's funny you think you know more about squat mechanics than rippetoe despite not understanding the basics.
>>
>>40225657
>a low bar back squat
I am not a powerlifter, why would anyone do low bar squats if he's not competing? Referring to rippetoe is pathetic, seems like you can't comprehend information on your own.
>>
>>40225690
It's fun
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 738x415px
>>40225488

Both routines require at least a squat rack due to the back squats and Starting Strength requires a pull-up bar because...

Chin-ups are a part of the programâ„¢

Here is a true barbell only program:

AxBxAxx / BxAxBxx

Workout A:

The Press* 3x5
Front Squat* 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

*Power Clean the bar to start each set.

Workout B:

Floor Press** 3x5
Rows 3x5
Sumo Deadlifts 2x5

**Roll into place with elbows tucked so the bar is initially supported from your elbows on the ground.

Workout A arranges the lifts in order of ascending weight needed. This also allows you to warm up your deadlift muscles with all the cleans from the pressing and squatting warm up and work sets.

Workout B gives you a rest from all of the cleans, hits horizontal pushing and pulling, and works slightly different deadlift muscles.
>>
>>40225690

>why would anyone do low bar squats if he's not competing?

Squats allow you to train the streatch reflex with heavy weight.

Low bar squats are the safest variant for the knees.
>>
File: IMG_0940.jpg (22KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0940.jpg
22KB, 184x274px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.