[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 38

Is tofu a good alternative to chicken in terms of protein and building muscle?
>>
are supersets important and should i implement them in my workout?
>>
>>40218965
supersets are literally a broscience meme
>>
How many warm-up sets should I be doing before my main sets? For example if im planning to bench 3x5 at 70kg as my main sets.
>>
>>40218944

tuna
>>
>>40219294
can I eat this alone or does it need pasta with it,
>>
>>40218965
It's effective if you're targeting the same muscle group
>>
>>40219318

I mix an entire can with one tbsp on olive oil mayo, salt+pepper+dill. Then I put it on wheat or a flat bread protein wrap with a slice of swiss
>>
>>40218965
Supersets, not really. Dropsets, definitely. I drop set my last set every day.
>>
>>40218977
they're fun though
>>
>>40218965
I use supersets to get through my assistance work faster. Like doing my lateral raises between sets of calf raises. Idk how effective agonist or antagonist super sets are.
>>
>>40218944
salmon is better than chicken in every aspect except price
>>
>>40219527
not in calorie and protein aspect it's now
>>
>>40218944
no, eat seitan combined with BCAA's to make complete protein. Shit is high-protein, no soy, so no man tits/gyno.
>>
how do i progress on stupid little lifts like dumbbell lateral raises? I don't have microplates for my dumbbells at home so the lowest I can go up per workout is 5lbs. I usually go 12 reps on these assistance exercises. Would adding 5lbs and lowering the amount of reps work?

As in:
3x12 at 10lbs
then 3x5 at 15lbs
then 3x7 at 15lbs
etc, until I can get up to 12, then add weight?

does this sound like a good idea? I'm open to suggestions.
>>
my back hurts on deadlift and squat whenever i do anything past 225+

everyone says my form is good

help??
>>
I'm on a 2 day full body. I'm trying to go 5 days a week now, but I still want to do full body. How can I set this up?
>>
>>40219285
the correct way is somewhere in the sticky, but I can't be bothered to figure out all the %'s and shit that it suggests. I usually do a warm up with empty bar, then add weight and lower reps of the warmup.

if my working set is 2pl8, i'll warmup with a bar for like 10 reps, then 1pl8 for 7 reps, etc.

i'm probably doing something wrong but it works for me!
>>
>>40220220

just follow what the program says m8. rest is important, especially if you're a beginner. If you feel like you must do something on your off days just do some cardio or curls or something

i have however had succes with just working out every other day. Most 3x5 programs give you the weekend off but that's dumb imo. switch to AxBxAxBxAxB instead of AxBxAxx
>>
File: IMG_1677.jpg (247KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1677.jpg
247KB, 1280x960px
I reckon that I'm about where zyzz is in the left pic. How long did it take him to reach the right pic (or at least to right before he started roiding)?
>>
Is it a bad idea to date a chubby girl with a good personality and pretty face with the long term goal of her losing weight?
>>
>>40220365
you can't change a fatty
>>
>>40220207
Might be scoliosis, be careful lifting heavy
>>
>>40220365
>>40220380
fatties can change, but you must be sure that she won't leave you if she gets fit or hot

too much work and risk imo
>>
>>40220380
>you can't change a fatty
Idk. Looking at older pictures she was average for most of her life so it's not like she's a lifelong fatass, and she's probably only 25-30lbs overweight at the moment.

She's started working out a bit before we met and I've been helping her get her diet in check. I just feel like I'm setting myself up for failure.

>>40220398
>but you must be sure that she won't leave you if she gets fit or hot

That's a risk with any woman finding a better man that's interested in her so I don't worry too much. She's fairly conservative so that factors in as well.
>>
File: 1485315954419.jpg (346KB, 539x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485315954419.jpg
346KB, 539x640px
I'm a fatty mcfat and I really want to continue losing lat.I've lost around 60lbs so far.

Anyone have experience with Intermittent fasting? I was going to go for the 16:8 daily IF.

What do you guys usually eat during your 8 hours? I mostly was just going to eat chicken/rice/green veggies like /fit/ recommends. On my fasting hours I was only going to drink water/tea/black coffee.

I do have a rowing machine in my apt so I was going to utilize that as much as possible.
>>
soy is bad for males.

chicken is good but tuna is great cause omega 3's

downside to tuna is the heavy metals that can build up over time.

beef has highest gains due to natural creatine levels

tl;dr
frozen chicken is cheap and good for gains
>>
File: 1485623038839.jpg (51KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1485623038839.jpg
51KB, 600x706px
>>40218944
Is deadlift push or pull? Wheres the main power coming from?
>>
>>40222008
It's both... dont worry about matching squats and deads to a push or a pull
>>
>>40218944
If you want to jew your diet is kinda ok.
I mean you just can go full retard and swap the whole protein source and spect the same results without geting some suplements.
>>
my lower trap is all fucked up and now I can't do shit. how do I not lose my gains while waiting for this to heal?
>>
Work/School schedule changed so I'm thinking of trying a new routine.
Opinions/edits on what I have so far?

a.
Squats
DB Press
Incline DB press
Cable flies (3 position)
Dips
Calves

B.
Weighted Pull ups
Chin ups
single arm lat pull downs
Rope pulls
Rear Delt flies
BB curls
Hammer curls
Leg raises

C.
Front Squats
OHP
Incline DB
Lateral raises
Overhead tricep extension
Tricep pushdown

D.
Deadlifts
Chin ups
Rows
Lat Pushdowns
BB curl
Hammer curl
Wrist roller
>>
>>40219367
I'm gonna try that. thanks friendo
>>
What's the song that a /fit/izen uploaded on YouTube a few years back and was hated by fatties?
>>
>>40220365
date whoever you want dude. but do it for liking her. not what she looks like. looks will always fade man. don't date someone that makes you want to get away from them for alone time.
>>
>>40221879
my only experience with it was when I was drinking heavily. would drink about 4000 to 6000 calories a day over an 8 hour period. then not eat for 16 (sleep and then work) and then drink again I was maintaining at 246.
>>
File: IMG_0416.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Can anyone give me some advice on how this will go? First routine ever. New to dieting. Haven't figured out what I should do for reps.
>>
>>40222391
Don't know why my pics come out sideways. On my phone.
>>
Would you recommend caffeine pills for a cut? Heard they are a diuretic, suppress hunger, and speed up metabolism
>>
Can i just eat chicken breast and broccoli every day, im trying to lose the last 30 pounds I need to but I can't get consistently non shit foods with my schedule I only have about 35 minutes of free time 5 days of the week. Am I missing something, help me please.
>>
>>40218944
Miss you brah brah
>>
>>40222521
no you'll die
>>
>>40218944

Yes, it is. Anyone who says otherwise haven't done enough research or are just delusional broscience assholes.
>>
>>40222391
Two things that jump out to me.
1. Warming out on stationary bike.
The best warm up for any lifting is dynamic stretching, and warm up sets on the compound you'll be performing. The issue with biking is it keeps most of your upper body in a static position. If you insist on doing some sort of cardio before exercise, walking or jogging is probably better, but stretching and warm up should be sufficient.
2. Ab workouts three times a week
Most ab work like crunches and twists are hard on the spine. limit these to once a week max. If you're hell bent on abs thrice a week stick to leg raises, planks/static holds, and vacuums

>>40222476
Yeah, just keep in mind caffeine like most stims are really only effective short term because you build a tolerance

>>40222147
Seems pretty solid. On B I'd drop the pulldowns for a row
>>
>>40222628
What can I do then? Eat shitty food but less of it?
>>
>>40222638
Definitely not hell bent on abs 3x a week. Thanks anon. I'll keep those changes in mind!
>>
File: 1484606993381.jpg (64KB, 1024x811px) Image search: [Google]
1484606993381.jpg
64KB, 1024x811px
>>40222651
it was joke. eating healthy is always better
>>
File: 705-3246.jpg (61KB, 900x1478px) Image search: [Google]
705-3246.jpg
61KB, 900x1478px
>>40218944
alright fit/
im a skinny fat, skeleton arms dude.. just purchased pic related because i wanna burn fat, but i feel like my legs are too big and fit whereas my arms arent at all
im too afraid to fuck up my body, what should i do?
does this thing help you to lose fat?
>>
>>40222846

that's a cardio machine.Technically yes, It helps you burn fat.But the rate is slow.You can see how low it is by cycling for 15 minutes and seeing how many calories you burned.Its most likely around 200.You need at least a 500 calorie deficit per day to see a noticeable weight loss.What I suggest you do is do the cardio machine for like 15 minutes and also cut down your diet.If you're not counting calories then cardio is gonna be a waste of time.

Start a lifting program if you wanna look good.If you just wanna lose weight stick to a little cardio with most attention to the calorie deficit.Plus there is no targeted fat loss (as in you can't target only your belly fat to lose, it happens to the whole body)

Use this website to calculate you daily calories
intake:https://tdeecalculator.net

put sedentary as the activity multiplier

then download myfitnesspal and calculate calories of everything you eat.

good luck :)
>>
File: CHAD THUNDERCOCK.png (654KB, 567x664px) Image search: [Google]
CHAD THUNDERCOCK.png
654KB, 567x664px
I'm going to try and get into Judo/BJJ.

What kind of lifts should I be doing in order to do well in those two styles? Also should I be doing a lot of cardio too?
>>
how much should I spend on a home gym?

I want something to do squats / benches on, an Olympic bar and plates. Is it worth getting a power rack and just doing benches in there?
>>
>>40218965
On arm and shoulder day I super set opposites (dips/curls, reverse curls/skull crushers etc.) Just so I can get through more lifts faster instead of set/rest, set/rest. I do set/set/rest. On chest, back, or leg days where I'm doing big compounds I do not do this as compounds require many groups working in harmony so overall fatigue is an issue.
>>
>>40222846
you can do this thing for 10,000 miles a day and your legs are not going to get "too big". The only way your legs will get bigger at all is from overloading them with weights, not cardio.
>>
>>40223361
Cardio and yoga.

Trust me, I'm completely serious.

Stamina is huge.
>>
How can I be a muscular badass and browse 4chan in the same life?
>>
>>40223470
What about for lifts?
>>
>>40220312
>before

zyzz always roided bro
he put in work but he was always roiding
>>
>>40223650
You don't need to lift for bjj. Conditioning and calisthenics are enough for any martial sport.
>>
Skelly here. Doing SS and have been gym going for 3 weeks now. 2 questions:

1. I've got 5.7 hours worth of sleepp. Should I go to the gym regardless?

2. How fucked are my gains as a result?
>>
File: kH662wb.jpg (344KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
kH662wb.jpg
344KB, 2048x1365px
>>40222391
Why you're starting with a split is beyond me, you're far too new to need one.

You're also missing some fundamentals like Squat, Deadlift and OHP, but you have time for abs 3 times a week and 5 types of chest exercise?

Read the sticky and pick a starting routine- people with a lot more knowledge and experience than you will help you lift more, better and faster.

>>40222476
No, I'd recommend black coffee for a cut because it'd fill you up and cost less for the same result. Don't forget to cycle your coffee and only drink it on an empty stomach for weight loss gains, and check out ECA stacks.

>>40222521
>Can i just eat chicken breast and broccoli every day
If your goal is nutritional deficiency and eventual death, go ahead. If you mean as well as other stuff, you're golden.

>I can't get consistently non shit foods with my schedule I only have about 35 minutes of free time 5 days of the week. Am I missing something, help me please.
The single best diet page on the internet: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
Eat 50% of the foods on this list every month and you're fulfilling 99% of nutritional and dietary requirements.
Remember, you can click every nutrient and element of each food to get a full rundown on the science and food sources.

>>40222846
>does this thing help you to lose fat?
Yes, but extremely slowly and minimally compared to dietary and lifestyle change.

>>40223361
Focus on stretches and things like yoga. Lifting big is mostly counterproductive to combat/martial arts, particularly these two.

>>40223401
I started with Arnolds Golden Six routine and so I did a fairly in depth analysis before I bought a gym subscription. I worked out that I'd need to spend £2,000+ to even approximate what I'd likely use/get out of gym equipment even if I severely limited my equipment usage, and that'd take 9 years+ to break even when compared to my gym.
tl;dr If you care about lifting then buy a gym subscription. Otherwise look into bodyweight stuff.
>>
how do i stop getting hard when all Im doing with a girl is cuddling
>>
>>40224480
1, yes
2, you've only been going 3 weeks.... ask again in 6 months
>>
>>40222222
>>
Bench press 3x8
Pullups 3xf
Squats 3x8
Ohp 3x8
Chinups 3xf
Dips 3xf
Deadlift 3xf
Tricep extensions 3x8
Curls 3xf

3xWeek

Should I incorporate bent over rows? Does it give me anything that I'm not getting from my current routine?
>>
>>40224609
you don't stop
>>
>>40224480
>1. I've got 5.7 hours worth of sleepp. Should I go to the gym regardless?
>Should I stop being disciplined because something extremely mildly negatively affected my progress

Stop asking stupid questions and go lift.

>>40224644
It'll help your deadlifts and pull ups/chin ups.
>>
So, on the second day of my third week on SS I've got a problem. I went rather smoothly from 55kg to 85kg, but when I finally got to 85kg, which was the first day of the third week, I ALL OF A SUDDEN realised that my technique is rather poor, with knees way to forward, which made my quads do the squat. After I fixed it on the last set of squats that day, my groin muscles started to feel weird. I can't quite tell what's wrong, but when I go into squat without the bar, as described in the book, the muscles feel... Unpleasent. Are they just tired, because they were not prepared for the sudden load?
>>
>>40224732
KNEES DRIFTING PAST TOES DOESNT MATTER AND WILL NOT HURT YOU
Post vid of your form and we can help you out

>>40220189
Aim for 12 reps, when you can do anything over 12 increase weight. Then build up to 12 again on the same weight. Then increase weight. Rinse and repeat.

>>40220207
Post vid of form. Is it thoracic or lumbar pain? Is it muscular or skeletal pain? Feel like a strain or just DOMS?

>>40221904
Soy does not increase estrogen, this is a myth

>>40222125
Do things that dont hurt, eat at maint

>>40224480
Yes go to the gym. One or two nights here and there wont affect progress, just dont make it a habit.
>>
lads im about 1 1/2 hours from the nearest gym, i've been doing floor presses for the last 6 months and im making good gains but i think my grip is a bit too wide.

what grip do i use to """"""""""""""""""target""""""""""" my inner chest?
>>
if im going to be stretching daily to say fix a posture problem or whatever, is best to stretch at the beginning of the day or before sleeping?
>>
Halp me /fit/, my disappointment and lack of patience is threatening my gains...
Been going to the gym regularly for 4-ish months and I'm the definition of skinnyfat. I look like a hungry af skelly but with a roll of fat on my abdomen. I'm doing recomp rather than cut/bulk so I know it's going to take a lot longer to reach my ideal body goal but...

I guess I either need some motivation or someone to tell me to stop being such a pussy and keep going. Any advice? What makes you feel better about your progress when you feel like you're not getting anywhere?
>>
>>40224874
pls respond
>>
>>40225036

You don't. There's no such thing as inner chest.
>>
File: this.png (462KB, 688x293px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
462KB, 688x293px
>>40225041
i mean this, english is not my first language.
>>
yesterday was the second time i failed during the last rep
then i tried to lower the weight and couldn't do not even one more
should i lower the weight next time or just try it again?
>>
>>40225049
that'd be lower chest then, i guess
>>
When you guys do bicep curls or tricep pushdowns do you keep your elbows pinned to your side?
>>
>>40225172
Thats your lower chest, do decline bench and high to low cable flies
>>
Is it better to don't do a set until failure but feeling the muscle working on every rep or do it until failure but don't feeling the muscle at all and using all the secondary muscles to lift the weight? ( the eight i use on the first case is lower than the second)

For example, bench press
>>
File: eca-stack-300x150.jpg (22KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
eca-stack-300x150.jpg
22KB, 300x150px
Where can I get a hold of Ephedrine in the UK?

I saw most bodybuilders talking about Chest Eze from the pharmacy, but the posts are a few years old and even if it's still available it's limited to 2 per customer

Are there any better sources that don't cost a ridiculous amount?
>>
>>40225258
If you're not using a certain set of major muscle groups for an exercise, then it's likely that your form is incorrect. You have failed the moment you can't do the exercise with correct form.
>>
>>40220312
You look a bit better than zyzz on left.
Try and round out your pecs though, the lower looks a bit diminished.
>>
>>40225212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwG2ipFRgfo
>>
>>40219318
try mixing with mayo and guac omggg
>>
>>40225271

First, thx for answering

Second, it's not that i don't use it. If i put too much weight in the bench press, i don't feel the chest DURING the exercise but i do feel the pain on the next day. If a lower the weight, i can feel the chest working 100% during the exercise.
>>
I recently started fitness (about 4 months? I think) and I'm wondering if what I'm doing is good or maybe I could make improvements
Can someone take a look at my chest/shoulders/triceps program and tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong?
I do everything 3x8

Chest:
Bench press
Incline bench press
Converging bench press (machine)
Chest press (machine)
Chest press with dumbbells
Inclined chest press with dumbbells
Flyes with dumbbells
Flyes (machine)

Shoulders:
Seated dumbbell press
Shoulder press (machine)
Dumbbell lateral raise
Front dumbbell raise
Standing upright row (holding a weight plate)

Triceps:
Seated dips (machine)
Lying triceps extension (with a weight plate)
Tricep dumbbell kickback
Standing triceps extension (cable) (machine)
>>
>>40225325
This is all in one day btw, I usually do this on day 1, then on day 2 back biceps and legs, day 3 rest and repeat
Also abs exercises every day
>>
>>40220143
Is the soy tits thing a meme or should I start obsessively examining my chest several times a day as I now feel compelled to do?
>>
i ate 200 more calories than I should have today, do I reduce 200 tomorrow to make it all perfect?
I am on TRT do I still need to eat fats? I dont produce my own testosterone so I can just go higher on carbs?
>>
>>40225325
This is absolutely fucking retarded. The volume is tremendous but not effectively directed and you clearly aren't moving enough weight in anything to actually get any use out of it.

For chest, cut everything out except bench, incline bench and dumbbell flies. Throw in weighted parallel bar dips if you can do them, and if not, do standard parallel bar dips. For shoulders, cut everything except your lateral raises and do either standard OHP or behind the neck press. Your triceps workout is fine, maybe reduce the volume by cutting out the seated dips.

If you want hypertrophy, do 4 × 8 on all your exercises and do it with a weight you strain to finish all your sets with. Add weight every week.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40225325
Chest:
Bench press - Alternate days dumbbells and barbells
Incline bench - Alternate days dumbbells and barbells
Flyes
Cable Crossover
Chest Dips
= More all round, more room for growth, and less complicated.

Shoulders:
>OHP
>Arnold Press
>Lateral raise
>Front dumbbell raise
>Reverse Flyes
= More rounded, more rear delts, less cheesy noob exercises

>Triceps:
Tricep Dips
French Press
Push down
Tricep dumbbell kickback
= Less room for injury + more tricep isolation

BUT Unless you've been lifting for 1 year+ you can effectively reduce chest to flyes + bench and shoulders do OHP, lat raise and reverse flye. This WILL make you lift more, and faster.

If you're super autistic and in the gym 7 days a week then the above routine may help. I'm pretty sure you're trying to do too much too early though.

Also make sure you're doing enough deadlifts, squats etc.
>>
File: suru_pepe.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
suru_pepe.png
13KB, 657x527px
Dear /fit/,

I'm on SS for about 4 weeks now. My stats are:
>Bench Press 15kg
>OHP 12.5kg
>Bent-Over Row 15kg
>Squat 45kg
>Deadlift 45kg

I feel like my upper body is weak as hell, can I change Workout B to BP, Row and OHP or should I just stick with the program? If the latter, how long should a beginner stick to SS?
>>
>>40225581
Just stick with the program for now at least. You must be a skelly so if you wanna get stronger just eat more
>>
>>40225325
Forgot to add the weights

Chest:
40kg
30kg
40kg
32kg
2x12kg
2x9kg
2*7kg
52kg

Shoulders:
2x8kg
18kg
2x4kg
2x4kg
15kg

Triceps:
55kg
15kg
2x5kg
28kg
>>
>>40225627
B-but I'm 175cm and 75kg.
>>
been doing bodyweight exercises for several weeks now and eating good. I can see improvments already
Do I get a barbell(I got no space for a bench) or dumbells first and how much weight would be a good start?
>>
>>40222846
>he tries to become a hungry skeleton before becoming a muscleguy
>is already a skinnyfat

just lift weights dumbass, it burns more calories and starts training your muscles.
>>
File: 1485838498180-fit.jpg (77KB, 736x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1485838498180-fit.jpg
77KB, 736x1106px
What type of migraine medicine can I take if I'm taking Robitussin cough+flu? Don't want a bad reaction from taking 2 medicines that fight each other.
>>
>>40218944
I would of fucked the BEFORE sexy twink Zyzz. Filled him up with my unprotected seed.
>>
How do you go about calculating calories in food that you cook yourself from scratch? As in, if you make a big pot of chilli for example to last a few days, how do you know how much is in there?

Is it a case of adding up individual ingredients and dividing by portion size or is there an easier way?
>>
>>40226849
YOu measure the ingrediants you put into the dish. Add it all up and then divide it by portion weight.

It gets easier after some time.
>>
>>40225857
Barbell is easier to make smaller weight increments, its more versatile, and its cheaper/eaiser to et discounts to get it sent to your house. I found rubber plates that was made from recycled plastic, and it was half the price of normal plates, here in Norway.

You should have 90kg at least.
Then you can buy more as you see progress. If you find a good dealership then they will be able to send it to you within days.
Used are also a good option if you find good bars and plates.
I would recommend buying bars and plates with olympic dimentions. unless youre very limitted by money.
>>
>>40226895
Ok thanks. Seems a bit of a faff but might as well start doing it properly.
>>
>>40226849
Make me a big pot of chili anon
>>
>>40220189
I agree with >>40224779
don't bother with ladder, just 12 reps- add weight- get to 12 reps- add weight.......
>>
>>40226952
After some time you get quick at it and dont have to calculate, and just measure weight.

You can also use other tricks to not even weigh it if you know how much there are in certain packages.
Or buy ingredients in bulks, divide them up into serving sizes and have them ready for whatever you wanna cook.
There are many ways of doing this.
>>
>>40222263
words to live by
>>
>>40220189
you progress buy getting stronger by doing doing main lifts, and ofc buy keep doing your assistance lifts... give it time to get stronger
>>40223361
don't focus on yoga. do your mobility work, stick to your main lifts. do HIIT from time to time to up your VO2 max. also running from time to time helps with lungs.
>>
>>40222846
you lose fat in the kitchen, caloric deficit, read the sticky,....
>>
>>40220207
work on your core m8. do planks and variations of planks. also try working on your hamstrings and glutes. they are often the problem. try stretching and isometric exercise
>>
>>40220207
Learn how to brace! oogle abdominal bracing and do it.

Make sure that your lower back stays neutral throughout the lift. Some people tend to overextend their lower back at the top of their squat and flex it at the bottom. This cause a lot of shear force in your lumbar spine.
>>
>>40225581
Something is terribly, terribly wrong, anon.
>Row
I don't remember this being in the book
>15kg
You didn't include the bar weight, right? So with the bar being another 20kg your working weight is 35kg, am I correct?
If not, you probably need a doctor...
If yes, then work on your technique. There is old good Kethnaab's wiki: http://startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wikia
Read it, watch videos. Ask a friend to make a video of your lifts and post in form-check thread. Reading the actual book might help a lot too. It certainly helped me.
Make sure you sleep good cozy 8 hours and eat like mad. Get used to eating more than you think you're capable of (unless you are a fatty; then adjust your diet to required calories)
>>
>>40227082
you can do pendlay rows instead of powerclean
>>
>>40227100
You can do anything you want to do. You can squat on a swiss ball, you can bench monkeys wearing pantyhose, you can pick your nose and wear a cockring, it doesn't really matter to me, but none of those things are "Starting Strength." So don't do any of that silly bullshit and say that you're "doing the Rippetoes."
>>
>>40223078
great advice anon, gonna give it a try to the link you posted
thank you so much for replying

>>40223439
good to know m8, that's a relief.. thanks

>>40224586
I know man, it's hard to go on a diet while living surrounded by fat people in your family.. anyways I stopped eating bread and drinking sodas, it's a start I guess..

>>40226766
I wanna reach ottermode dude, don't like being big, it's the most aesthetic body.. I do lift weights twice a week though

>>40227036
stopped eating like a pig two years ago, still I can't lose my belly fat, shit didn't know having abs would be so difficult
>>
>>40225169
Lower weight and do more reps anon, maybe 5 more, it's not so hard
>>
To roid or not to roid after 2-3 years is the only realy question i have now
>>
File: steve.jpg (187KB, 800x416px) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
187KB, 800x416px
are mre's the key to gains ?
>>
File: 1457147643651.jpg (201KB, 1280x788px) Image search: [Google]
1457147643651.jpg
201KB, 1280x788px
Anyone have The Renaissance Diet pdf?
>>
File: 1485548565504.jpg (31KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
1485548565504.jpg
31KB, 600x483px
what are the best workouts for lower chest?
really need that boob shadow
>>
>>40220207
Butt wink maybe?
>>
What do you guys put in your coffee? What do I avoid? Obviously don't douse it in heavy cream, but is 2 packs of Splenda and a cream ok? Should I use milk?
>>
>>40227264
If I know my shilling you're gonna release a couple of vids today right? You're a tryhard, Stevo
>>
>>40219527
and taste. and mercury. and PCB.
>>
>>40224992
4 months is nothing, keep it up, consistency is key
>>
>>40224992
Make sure you're following some program and not just fucking around when you're in the gym
>>
Is it gay that I use the elliptical?
>>
>>40227368
Usually plain black is best but I can't imagine milk makes too much difference
http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-drink/crush-your-workouts-coffee
>>
>>40222638
>warm-up
I would recommend a rowing machine for this, it gets almost every major muscle group.
>>
>>40224586
>black coffee
I chose caffeine pills because coffee will brown your teeth over time. That taken with a glass of carbonated water has been doing the trick and I want to get back on it.

Anyway, cheers.
>>
if I want to do a full retard cut, how should I go about trying to preserve gains? if I can no longer lift a certain weight for a full set of reps, should I stick with getting 4 or 6-7 reps with that same weight until I can't do even 2-4 or should i immediately drop down to a lighter weight and get the full set?
>>
How much protein do you guys usually have in your shakes?
>>
File: help please.png (30KB, 500x901px) Image search: [Google]
help please.png
30KB, 500x901px
any body know any good way to relieve muscle pain here? ive got a foam roller and a heat pad

it just feels like some kind of muscle/joint twinge whenever i walk on it
>>
Oy lads, I got a question.

So I started doing Crunches January 7th. I did it consistently, starting at a max set of 10. I did 100 daily. I eventually am able to do 34 max set in 2 minutes. If I continue to work my core daily, would I be able to do around 50~ be next Tuesday?
>>
How do I get wrist and grip strength? I can lift the weight just fine for the muscle group I'm working on, but my wrists always collapse if I'm doing bench presses and I feel like weights will just roll out of my hand because I can't grip it hard enough.
>>
>>40225301
Jeb!

I didnt know you post here
>>
>>40230933
Deadlift
>>
>>40230933
For grip strength: Hold on to a pullup bar and just let you body hang. Track the time.
>>
going through scooby's weight loss plan, if Im doing 5x5 and the couch to 5k together (Monday 5x5, tuesday cto5k, wednesday 5x5 etc) 6 days a week but am generally sedentary outside of those times, what would my cardio/week be at?
>>
File: vulcbarrubcomp130-2T.jpg (15KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
vulcbarrubcomp130-2T.jpg
15KB, 350x350px
Is having a single pair of 10 lb bumper plates helpful for a home gym for doing Deadlifts? Will the bumpers stop the 45s from hitting the ground?
>>
>>40231623
nevermind. got my answer from reddit.

They recommended 2x45 bumpers and the rest iron. The 10 lb ones are too flimsy to be useful.
>>
I'm returning to weightlifting after a hiatus of ~2 years. (Currently 6'3", ~95kg)

I'm currently easing myself into it on a modified SL 5x5 (max reps on 5th set) so that I can get into the habit of lifting 3x a week and really paying attention to good form while the weights are still light (80kg squat, 60kg BP, 90kg DL).

Is there anything I should be considering given that I'm a returner rather than a total noob? Does anyone who's been in a similar situation have any advise? I have a vague recollection that I should be able to reclaim most of my former strength pretty quickly- but not sure if that's bro science.
>>
Today I took Yohimbine HCL for the first time. I took 5 mg, had great energy but the only negative side effect was a reccuring, pulsating headache throughout the day. Am I wrong to assume these headaches will go away as my body becomes accustomed to YHCL?
>>
New to /fit/
>6 ft 3
>200-220 lbs depending on activity level
hoping to cut a bit of weight but am quite limited on weights i have, and too poor to buy anything also just looking better in general

>25 lb dumbell
>45 lb plate
>body weight
recently have been doing 30 bicep curls, 20 tricep dips, 20 bicep curls, pushups to exhaustion ( sadly not too much ) then repeating that as many times a i have time for in a day
not ignoring legs since hiking once or twice a week and already have nice legs

other than doing a bajillion reps and eating less any tips on what i can do?

also how gud is hiking for killing callories

should i bother counting calories?
>>
How to fix buttwink?

I heard this can get fucky later on when there's more weight being moved
>>
>>40225401
There's no science behind it.
>>
File: 1452937261051.jpg (78KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1452937261051.jpg
78KB, 600x404px
How important are macros in a clean bulk? Is it really important as long as I get enough brotein?
>>
4 days on 3 days off?

Thursday chest/tri
Friday back/biceps
Saturday legs
Sunday shoulders

Doesn't that seem like an adequate rest cycle?
>>
>>40231116
not him but i can never do this stuff at the gym because i feel like i look foolish as hell
>>
Opinions on 5/3/1 and boring but big?
>>
File: 137_1.jpg (100KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
137_1.jpg
100KB, 850x567px
Are cable rows or pic related better for overall back strength and development?
>>
>>40231645
>,
Same situation however i'm going with SS to focus more on form (after shoulder surgery) but SL should be good if you want more volume.
>>
Is whole milk bad for you any evidence to the contrary
>>
>>40232133
Nvm https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2039733/
>>
>>40231993
anyoe help pls
>>
If you restrained an unflexable persons legs so that they stayed straight and forced them to touch their toes what would happen?
>>
>>40220207
anterior pelvic tilt
>>
>>40224732
fix your anterior pelvic tilt, it leads to groin pulls among other things
>>
>>40230965

Please tell me it's not Jebasu Jeb, cause that'd be fucked up :DD
>>
Does bicycling build your butt?
>>
I had a health fitness check at work today. Everything was pretty good, 13.3% body fat, 49bpm heart rate.

So why do I still have such a belly? I don't drink so it's not beer belly.

Also, my good cholesterol was a touch low, so need to sort that.
>>
>>40232021
>as I get enough brotein?
That's the whole point of macros.

You're basically saying "do macros matter as long as I hit my macros?" The answer is yes, you need to hit the right amount of protein. Once that's figured, the amount of fat/carbs is dependent on your calories and it doesn't matter if it's 100% fat or 100% carb.
>>
>>40232468
mostly quads/calves. your glutes are activated somewhere along the pedal stroke but they're not the main muscles, i don't believe
>>
>>40232034
>is this an adequate rest cycle?
>posts schedule with 0 rest cycle

>>40232057
You think you don't look like a retard doing your squats?

>>40232097
see sticky

>>40232133
whole milk is gud
>>
>>40232551
Literally not adressed in the sticky.
>>
>>40232551
hey fuk u man, somebody complimented my squat form once
>>
File: 1468163277982.png (472KB, 444x528px) Image search: [Google]
1468163277982.png
472KB, 444x528px
How often can I do farmers walks to continually increase my grip strength without overtraining?
>>
5 sets across the week or 5 set in a single workout?
>>
>>40232813
single workout
>>
File: 2015-2016.jpg (3MB, 4828x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2015-2016.jpg
3MB, 4828x3264px
Alright, here's a bit of background and then I have a few questions:

For the past two years I've lost 20lbs a year (measuring from end of fall).
> 2014 - 265lb (start)
> 2015 - 245lb (quit eating shit food)
> 2016 - 225lb (quit drinking)

I'm currently still at about 225, and looking to get rolling on dropping another 20lbs by about May or June.
I'm doing a lot of power lifting, spending roughly 12-15 hours a week in the gym (masters student = ridiculously open schedule)
The goal is for this 20 to be done through the gym, increasing metabolism through muscle gain.
I'm hoping to cut roughly 10lbs in the next month or so especially.

A few questions:

>Heat vs Cold
I like to blast the heater while lifting. Does this cause any harm to lifting if I stay plenty hydrated? I just like the sweat and the looser feeling for the joints.
Similarly, I like to take freezing cold showers after lifting because I'm a masochist. Any harm in this?

>No Fap
What affects might this have?

>Ephedrine/Caffeine Microdosing
Is this meme magic or worth looking into?
>>
Currently upping my caloric intake as I discovered I was on about 1500 a day and my training was killing me post-workout. I do about 1 hour calisthenics 3 days a week which I've stopped since discovering this issue a few days back.

I've spent the past two days consuming about 2000 calories each day with quite some difficulty, but aiming to up it by 100cal a week until I hit my target of about 2900 which is roughly what I need to accommodate my training/maintenance.

My question - Given I've not trained in a few days since moving forward with this and this whole transition is going to take about 10 weeks, how should I best tweak my training alongside this, because even at 2000 calories, I'm still way under what I should be eating when training?
>>
>>40232911
Find a way to possibly get more calories in a way that doesn't make you feel sick, I had the same issue, but I found that drinking 4 glasses of milk throughout the day didn't really affect my hunger but allowed me to get an extra 1200 calories in a day. If not then you may consider reducing the intensity of your workout depending on how untrained you are
>>
>>40232943
Thanks man.

A quick follow up to that if I may. Am I right in thinking that by upping my intake, it should speed up my metabolism, get me out of starvation mode? I've backed off on my training after an episode the other day which I think was energy related, but if I'm upping my intake, I don't want to stop training because surely I'll just balloon if I don't get my muscles working alongside my metabolism?

The main thing is really, I'm trying to figure out how to best take advantage of the situation I'm in so that I am meeting my energy requirements, maintaining/upping my muscle mass, but not putting on a ton of fat due to the extra calories my body isn't used to.

Appreciate your thoughts man.
>>
145lbs, 5'11, i can hold a plank for 2 minutes

how often should i be doing 2 min planks, and how far apart should they be? do they have to be one after the other?
>>
File: 1485176305600.jpg (56KB, 514x432px) Image search: [Google]
1485176305600.jpg
56KB, 514x432px
What is good etiquette for racking noise?

Whenever I rack weights it sounds like I'm trying to throw them in a sawmill and everyone in the gym stares at me...
>>
File: suckitself.jpg (13KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
suckitself.jpg
13KB, 300x212px
>>40219285
The more weight you do the more you need to warm up, for a bench press of 225 I would start with the bar for 5, 85 for 5, 125 for 3, 155 for 3 ect then do my 3x5 work set, keep in mind you should take a little longer rest the heavier the weight gets.

>>40224644
Why 8? Even most bro splits have you do shit like 5x8, 3x5 is better for strength and after you develop that strength you'll get more out of whatever bro-split/routine you are doing.

>>40224924
Both and in the middle of the day as well. If you sit all day then try to stand up every hour or so and do a little stretching if you can.

>>40225581
Get rid of the row, on the only thing you should add to SS in the beginning are weight chin-ups, weighted dips, and weighted sit-ups. And if your progress is truly slow, take a look at your diet, you may not be eating enough.

>>40225857
Barbell no question.

>>40226801
Aspirin should be fine unless you have an allergy.

>>40227613
Not if you are fat and running hurts your knees, but if you can run, running is better in general for cardiovascular health.

>>40229096
3x5 as heavy as possible, and eat a lot of protein.

>>40229634
If it feels like it is twitching, that is natural and not really anything to worry about, worse than that with actual pain, go to a Dr.

>>40230079
Maybe? Hard to know without your bodyweight, consider adding weight if possible.

>>40231793
Starting Strength was made for people recovering and returning for injuries originally. 5x5 seems like a lot of volume to return on, you would recover lost strength quicker with 3x5, but you should already have a better idea of where your strength is and what you can do.

>>40232498
Post pics, also how did they measure your bf%? You should have at least some ab definition when flexing at that bf%
>>
>>40232992
Just eat 500 calories over your TDEE, if you are having energy issues in the gym, it is likely because your body isn't used to putting out a lot of energy and your Nervous System needs to adapt. Also, what do you mean by "episode"? If it's not serious, continue your training and continue eating and you will gain muscle with minimal if any fat so long as you aren't eating WAY over your TDEE.

Starvation mode is a meme.
>>
Is this an idiotic split? 4-5 days a week:
>Legs
>Rest or Cardio
>Chest
>Abs or Rest
>Back
Most of my effort is concentrated in heavy compound lifts because I'm practically a skelebro, with accessory exercises and machines thrown in afterwards
Heavy ass deadlifts at the end of the week to allow maximum recovery time, heavy ass squats in the beginning to kickstart the anabolic fire
>>
>>40232907
Never heard of hot/cold mattering. Do what you want. Just stay hydrated. If you get dizzy, STOP LIFTING AND GO COOL DOWN.

No fap is all memes.

Ephedrine is legit of course, not sure about microdosing it or caffeine though someone else will have to answer. Ephedrine + blasting a heater is probably a bad idea tho
>>
>>40233222
If you want to increase your compounds, and you are a noob, stick to this

http://www.startingstrengthtraining.com/workouts/
>>
>>40233086
Try for 3x2 planks, that's 3 set 2 minute planks. Rest at least 3 minutes between sets. Should be good you gonna be swole af in no time
>>
>>40233172
Cool, that makes sense.

By episode, I mean I got the shakes, felt really weak with a side of nausea and was sat next to the toilet feeling like I was going to vomit most the evening.

Now, bear in mind that after my workout, I felt fine, had my protein shake and there was no issue. This all happened about an hour and a half or so after working out, I just felt like utter shit.

Any thoughts? This was on my 1500cal a day bear in mind. I'm yet to test how I perform on 2000cal, though I'm guessing it was probably the cause.
>>
>>40233354
Likely just need to adapt to the stress of exercise. That has happened to me once, and it was around my first month a lifting a long time ago, I couldn't tell you what caused it but it has never happened again, if it continues to happen consider seeing a Dr.
>>
I used to lift for strength, but in the last months I stopped everything and started just doing cocaine, and my question is if there are any problems with lifting and keep on doing coke

I really enjoy it and don't want to stop, life is way too boring and people are way too boring, but I have concerns over the hormonal ramifications of chronic cocaineusage and how it may impact my anabolism (I imagine coke to be very catabolic)
>>
>>40233726
The general idea is that, lifting while on drugs is bad.
>>
>>40233787
I thought caffeine and nicotine (not cigarettes) actually got you more muscle gains, caffeine being a wonder molecule and nicotine being very similar to nyacin, so good for blood vase health
>>
File: photo.jpg (970KB, 1351x1743px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
970KB, 1351x1743px
>>40218944
Pic related is where I am now. Slowly exiting beginner lifts, and now I actually need to decide on a diet besides "eat lots of protein". I'm probably around 18-20% body fat percentage, but I'm clearly not very muscular. Goal is to get between 12 and 15% bfp, and look better than non-lifting normies with my shirt both on and off. I can't be the judge of this, because body dysmorphia is a bitch.

>Should I continue bulking, then cut when I have more muscle?
If so, what goal should I be aiming for before the cut.
>Should I cut now and bulk later?
I'm worried about bulking down to skelly
>Should I kms because I suck at lifting and will never get anywhere?
If so, how much does toaster+bathtub hurt?

Pls help /fit/.
>>
>>40233896
Cut now.
>>
>>40233896
Forever bulk

Cut when you are medium size bear mode
>>
Is it true that FAP after a workout is bad? Every night I finish my set, the urgency to fap is too great for me to handle
>>
Does it matter which protein powder I buy? I'm a beginner

I want to go straight for the cheapest one from amazon, but thought I'd ask you guys first

Also: places to get cheap protein powder?
>>
Which yoghurt do you guys eat day to day. Natural? Greek? The low far variants ?
>>
>>40233949
Seconding this
>>
>>40233949
Order from myprotein
>>
>>40233954
No fat greek
>>
>>40233971
Thanks my dude
>>
>>40233949
>>40233955

DO NOT LISTEN TO >>40233957

MyProtein is heavily shilled here. It's not even close to the best protein powder, only ever order it for the price. The flavors are terrible and the mixability is usually mediocre-to-bad.

Optimum Nutrition is the go-to around here, though lots of people also order from Syntha-6 or BodyFortress.
>>
>>40233957
Is it better nutrition wise compared to ON whey?
>>
>>40234015
It's basically the same. The only difference is that a myprotein scoop is 25g while a ON scoop is 32g. They're basically the same protein per gram.
>>
>>40234028
I'm trying whey for the first time, got ON but my scoop is only 24g
>>
>>40233922
Why do you say that anon? I'm concerned if I cut, I'll go down to skelly mode, which is basically the same deal but with shittier lifts.

>>40233932
I really want to, but I have no idea how to tell when I'm medium bear. I've almost always responded well to more solid goals (like a specific 5rm). Plus if I bulk, I'm worried I'll exit skinnyfat mode and enter small moon mode.
>>
>>40218944
Anyone have a good explanation about Abdominal Bracing I cant seem to get it
>>
>>40234036
I should've said serving, not scoop. A serving of ON is 32g, the scoop itself is kind of irrelevant.

>>40234042
diff anon here, I think you should lift and cut. You can gain muscle on a deficit if you're a beginner, which you are.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Is it okay if I drink my recovery accelerator right now? I wasnt able to go to the gym today. I'm at home right now and I'm craving the taste of sweet apple berry.

>pic related, it's my recovery drink
>>
>>40234078
You can do whatever you feel like.
>>
>>40234042
Don't know what small moon looks like, but I would say twice what you are now, you have room to expand, then again this is just my personal opinion

>>40234060
Chris duffin explains it by (in my words partly) pushing all the air out of your lungs, this brings your rib cage lower, you want to try to get ALL the air out, and then breathe deep down into your stomach like your filling a jug, from the bottom up, while you semi-brace your torso/back/ribs
>>
Is the protein powder safe to use however I want?

Can I eat 100g of protein powder daily and live?

If I only consume 100g max of protein in regular food
>>
>>40234116
He explains in better in a video where he is squatting with silent mike, also gives tips on squats
>>
>>40234129
You dont even need that much, but sure you can.
>>
>>40221879
you're overthinking it. this is a lifetime commitment so don't think you're going to do X until you get to your goal and then switch. develop good habits that will last you forever even if you progress "slower"
>>
>>40234068
Thanks for the frank answer anon. I'm calculating the macros now.

I have one last question though. I'm currently doing the "super squats" program which is essentially a meme routine centered around 20rep squats. I'm making decent progress on it, and have 3 weeks left before I'm done. The program is pretty high volume, and calls for a bulking diet. Should I bulk for the next few weeks, or start the cut today?

You mentioned I could still build muscle as a beginner, so would I be able to finish my meme program while cutting?

>>40234116
Thanks for the advice anon; I appreciate any opinions right now. The other 2 anons both think I should cut, so I guess majority rules. But I do like the idea of reaching small bear mode, so I'm thinking a short cut while I exhaust my noob gains, then back to bulking when I'm a better bf%. Since as you say I have some wiggle room before small moon mode, I'm thinking I'll just cut for maybe 3 months then start a gigantic bulk.
>>
Is anyone on /fit/ doing calisthenics? Do you guys know that its superior and healthier than lifting?
>>
>>40221879
Just eat so you get total daily macros in those 8 hours. On my fasting i just do water and coffe, bit of BCAA.
>>
>>40227226
you're retarded you're not going to get "big" lifting on accident, it takes years to get past strong ottermode on purpose
>>
>>40234192
How will doing calisthenics improve my squat and OHP stats?
>>
Does running on my off days kill my recovery. Should I literally do nothing?
>>
>>40234171
Cut down to like 13-15%, then bulk up again, a bit slower maybe.
>>
>>40234116
Oh wow that works perfectly, thanks man!
>>
How come everyone has a different oponion on the ammount of protein and carbs I should consume

what to do
>>
I am 87kg 5'10
Bench 100kg
Squat 110kg
Deads are awful
Lots of cycling for cardio
Looking to cut for the first time. Should I just monitor my calories while maintaining a high protein diet? Noob questions I know
>>
>>40231993
jesus christ read the fucking sticky
>>
>>40232498
improve your core strength. you can't target fat burn but it should be obvious that an increase in muscle volume will lead to more showing through your fat
>>
>>40234304
Cycle about 40mins a day
Push/pull/legs is the workout schedule I follow.
Manual labour job but lots of time off (oil rigs)
>>
I'm currently 228 and looking to cut my weight to 200. I read the sticky and I understand the idea of eat less, move more however I was going to ask is there anything else I can be doing to accelerate my weightloss?
>>
>>40234171
Honestly I'd just say drop the program and start SS or SL. If you're able to do 20 reps of squats you're not lifting nearly heavy enough. Hypertrophy at your level is not realistic.
>>
>>40231821
You might be sensitive to stims. I was using an EC stack a while back and couldn't do it because I had the same issue you're having with YHCL. Funnily enough, I ended up switching over to YHCL and that worked out for me. I don't know if you're taking the stim for weight loss or what but if it's for weight loss try taking an EC stack to see if you're bizarro me.
>>
>>40234245
Considering eating a little more carbs on those days.
>>
Are ab exercises just a meme? I mean to get a noticeable six pack you need a low bf%, I know that. But is there any benefit to crunches, etc?
>>
>>40234452
Planks, leg raises, tummy tiddlers, abdominal advances, cable prayers to mecca and ab wheel are all great. Crunches not so much
>>
>>40234262
Because there's an idea of the macro ratio (the percentage of carbs, fats, and protein) and the actual amounts. Science tells us that you only need 0.8g of protein per pound of body mass or alternatively 1g per pound of lean body mass (your body weight minus fat). So you get different numbers.

For example, you can be bulking at 3000 calories a day and use the 30/35/35 macro ratio you'd get 225 carbs, 117 fat, and 262 protein. The issue here is that no one on God's green earth will ever require that much protein, so the ratio doesn't work here. Instead, you reduce your protein intake to the 0.8g per pound level (let's say you're 180 lbs, so 140-150g) and then pump the rest of the numbers into carbs and fat.

>>40234390
Be consistent. There are no shortcuts in weight loss. I'm only 20 lbs overweight and it's gonna take me 13 weeks to lose the weight. This is after a year of being slowly down from 215 to 170.
>>
>>40234480
Yah, but do they do anything to help them develop?
>>
I'm really not limber at all and I when I squat I can't get to parallel. Will this injure me eventually? I've just started working out so I use dumbells, hopefully no permanent damage has been done so far. Any tips on having a better squat form?
Also, anything I can replace them with until I get a good form with no weight? I heard incline leg presses were a good substitute for them.
>>
>>40234539
keep squatting faggot. The only way to improve is practice. Do it without a bar if you have to.
>>
what does whey protein powder taste like? why do they only sell vanilla/chocolate/peanut butter flavors? i was looking for a more salty/savoury flavor to mix into soup. am i retarded or what
>>
>>40234513
So if I'm a skinnyfat weighing 94kg and want to lose 5 kg, I should be eating about 150g of protein daily?

To me thats a lot I never had that much

Id be doing like 80g of protein powder daily
>>
>>40234564
again, it's just a rough estimate the 0.8g per pound and more intended for people who already have a decent frame on them. For you I'd say 130g should be plenty. Just make sure to eat plenty of meat and drink 1 or 2 scoops of protein a day. Meet those numbers.
>>
File: ivysaur.png (45KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
ivysaur.png
45KB, 481x584px
Is pic related a good beginner program?
>>
I know I need to to lift to keep muscle during a cut, but does lifting actually really burn calories? Obviously it does burn some.
>>
>>40234650
It's just a more complicated variation of SS. Just do SS or SL.

>>40234658
Depends on how heavy you lift. It's usually like 150-200 calories per hour, powerlifters burn more obviously but there are no exact numbers out there.
>>
>>40234693
There's too little Press on SS/SL
>>
>>40234741
then add more press. 4x8 is dumb.
>>
How to increase speed during lifts? It really feels like I have a shit ton of dead time recovering and moving between shit compared to how much effort I'm putting into lifting.
>>
Greetings from /k/
I am a fencer and my weapon arm has started to become noticeably larger/more toned than my other arm. What can be done to rectify this?
>>
>>40234246
Yeah, that's the plan. I'm shooting for about 14% right now, since then I can decide to keep cutting or begin a slow bulk.

>>40234429
THe 20 rep program was honestly more for fun than for hypertrophy.

So SS or SL while cutting? I can definitely do that.
>>
>>40234842
Jesus, that happens from just fencing?
lift with dumbbells and work up to being able to work the same weight with both arms
probably gonna take months to correct something that bad
>>
how do I get people off my back for my goal weight? I want to get down to 10% (150-ish lbs), but people keep freaking out like I'm going to die. I try to explain to them I know it's skinny but they won't hear me out.

5'10" 170 probably 18% BF. Plan to maintain for about a month and then start bulking after that.
>>
What's the best exercise to strengthen grip?
Specially finger joints.
>>
I'm looking to do some more cardio. My bad leg prevents me from doing much running or jumping, but I do enjoy going on walks. However, I walks aren't enough cardio for me. What's a good cardio recommendation that isn't rough on the legs?
>>
>>40224609
Please do not wish for this to stop.

I had my first intimate (cuddling) encounter with a girl at 17, my cock was literally dripping just from her resting her head on my shoulder. I'm 24 now and I yearn for those days, sometimes I can't even get it up now
>>
>>40235815
Put the squatting bar on the safety bars on the squat rack.

Put deadlift weight.
Just grip and use your shoulders and knees to raise the bar.
>>
My mom's doing this new meme workout thing called Tabata. I think it's some cardio routine.

The thing is, I know any mainstream faddy "fitness workout" probably isn't that good. What kind of fun cardio/high volume shit can I recommend to a middle aged person?
>>
>>40218944
>Is tofu a good alternative to chicken in terms of protein and building muscle?
Probably not but there are cardioid-vascular advantages to non--meat proteins.
>>
File: 1452571198964.png (120KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1452571198964.png
120KB, 387x357px
My fiance is wanting to start lifting so I'm teaching her the basics and for some reason she can not keep her feet flat on the ground when she squats. Her heels always rise up and the only way I've been able to get her to squat properly is when I had her hold onto a door frame for support.
Any suggestions on how to keep her feet flat?
>>
How do I "Harden the fuck up" for life?
>>
im cutting and have lost like 2,1kg/4,5lbs in 3 weeks at a stable weekly rate 0,7kg/1,5 lbs.

how come i hear everytime people losing that much in first couple days and their weight going up and down constantly before balancing?

i know water weight but why did none of this happen to me? i guess its fine but im just curious
>>
>>40236541

Probably crap ankle mobility causing the problem. Happens a fair bit, especially in women who wear heels a lot.

Fix that, odds are things improve dramatically.
>>
So i'm 5'10, and this cutie girl who is 6'2 just messaged me on a dating website. What now?
>>
>>40234318
Yeah, I guess sit-ups and various body weight exercises.

>>40233135
They measured it by putting electrodes on my foot and my hand, and then passing a current through them. Supposed a fairly accurate way of measuring it. No photos for now. But I'm skinny fat. Not a lifter or anything.
>>
>>40236551
Tell her you're 6'5
>>
Did you guys ever have anything that made you feel like you were a retard for not doing it earlier?

I upped my carbs during my cut and i feel so much stronger despite still eating pretty much the same calories.

The difference makes me feel like I'm on roids or something.

Also, pre cooking a week I advance really makes life better.
>>
Why can I curl 16kg dumbbells for 5x5 but only curl 20kg on an ezbar for the same? Shouldn't I be curling at least 32kg?
>>
>>40236546
When shit happens, begin thinking:
>What can I do about this?
>How can I fix this?
>How can I mitigate the damage here?

Once you start going in with the mindset "I'm down but far from fucking out" it becomes hard to get held down in things. Start small, like "fuck, missed my bus. How am I gonna get there? Can I walk? Do I have to wait? Which is best?"

Eventually you become like me. "What, I'm being cut from my course because my school fucked me over? Well, how can I politely tell them to go fuck themselves and to keep me in my clourse? If that fucks up, what other courses can I get into?"

It sounds easy. It's not. You feel every little bump along the way just as hard. You just know you can take it, and come out the other side, and you know that you'll be OK.

So to harden the fuck up, just learn how to handle shit and not let it break you.
>>
Opinions on protein enhanced food, such as flap jacks and cereals?

Bought some mousli that is labeled as protein rich and fortified, 220kcal per 50g serving with 8g of protein.
>>
>>40236547
Sounds like they slowly dropping down the kcal. I just dropped from 3k down to 1500, on the day i started my cut. All that slow shit is not needed.
>>
>>40236654
I just got a food scale. Holy fuck my estimates were shit. I also started shopping for my own meat, so I now have decent protein and a way to measure it.

I'm only just realising how fucked up my macros were, and why I seemed to rarely make progress on a cut.
>>
>>40237295
"Protein" nutrigrain and wheatbix was definitely shit; like, 2g more protein per serve or something. I could have just drunk a tall glass of milk and gotten more protein, and cheaper. In fact, that's what I do.

Check the macros vs the normal stuff. If it fits your goals and budget and looks fun, go for it. But always check to make sure you aren't being shilled.
>>
>>40237295
Get some skyr. All your protein problem days are over. 11g of protein per 100g
>>
Guys, i've been thinking of putting 1 strength exercise into my workout, so i can get a i little stronger while still getting my gains. My idea is adding these exercises to my hypertrophy workout:

Chest: incline bench - 3x5
back: Deadlift - 3x5
shoulder: OHP - 3x5
legs: squats - 3x5

Btw, i already do these exercises, but i do them 4x10

Will i maintain my size gains along with some strength gains or will it harm it?
>>
>>40236692
Not counting bar weight, restricted motion making it harder.
>>
>>40237277
Thanks chad. Thank you
>>
>>40219318
When on a cut, I eat it out of the can, it's all about those protons man
>>
What fit joggers are best for squatting and diddy?

My old pair are ruined got holes all over them, i bought a new pair slim fit large but they are way to tight on my legs and pull down every time i squat exposing my glutes.
>>
>>40234751
i do ivysaur but all 5x5 and no chinup, just barbell row everytime. works fine
>>
Would like to get your opinion.

Currently 5'9" at 170lbs.

Trying to lose weight and gain/keep muscle.

Use myfitnesspale to keep track of calories. I have my goal set at 1500 calories, but I usually go a little above.

Started going to the gym a few days ago. Did legs, then arms, cardio, rest day, and today is core/back. Any weight excercises are done at 60% of my max, with 3 sets of 15 reps.

Is this a good starting point? How do I continue to improve during my journey. Do I just recalculate my max, or simply,add weight when I feel like I'm not being challenged as much. Also, as I continue, does the muscle sorness ever go away. Or does it take a rest day to heal up.
>>
>>40238217
good then
I'm doing bb rows everytime, too, but with the program sets/reps
>>
>>40238236

you dont calculate shit just trial and error what the fuck man
>>
Any good websites to track lift stats and maybe biking stats (basically just distance/time)?
>>
>>40238308
I mean recalculate my reps based on my max. Not calculate my actual max.
>>
How long do you guys take between meal and workout?
>>
>>40227305
dips n bench
>>
>>40238349
30 min to an hour. Any shorter and it'll start coming up during my workout. That's personal preference though.
>>
I need more ideas than eating red sweet peppers, chicken or some kind of fish with broccoli, onion and garlic every day

cutting so I haveto stay low
>>
>>40238561
I read somewhere that you need about 2-3 hours before that food is actually utilized in your workout. Might be bullshit though
>>
>>40238349
depends, if it's like a banana and coffee 30m before will work
if its shit like scallops and a salad around 1h
if it's a big meal, 1h and half at least

desu when I have big meals I like to wait 2h, have a coffee half an hour before lifting and then lift
>>
File: 22117.jpg (66KB, 583x960px) Image search: [Google]
22117.jpg
66KB, 583x960px
currently watching deadpool and at around 27min he takes his shirt off before passing out

is that achievable natty? pic related is me, still finishing my cut fucking fat sticks to my lower back sides which makes me look like shit frontally and my V only shows up if I flex which gives me a nice lean look
>>
Is there any way to make actual progress at Planet Fitness? I'm strapped for cash and liked doing stronglifts at my old gym but their stupid smith machines make it impossible to get anything out of a deadlift or row.
>>
>>40238842
Goblet Squats, Dumbbell Press, Dumbbell Row, Dumbbell Deadlift
>>
File: hepotato.jpg (40KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
hepotato.jpg
40KB, 400x330px
> lifting for hypertrophy increase size more than lifting for strenght or resistance
there is any difference in size between lifting for strenght or resistance ?
>>
Can anyone post examples of the body type I can achieve doing bodyweight workouts?

Mostly planks, pushups, pullups, and squats? I'm 6'3.
>>
>>40238876
its been studied that if you lift between the 4-16 range reps with the last rep being truly the last you can do, it's how you raise muscle in the most efficent way.

so lifting 3x5 with heavy ass weight or 3x8 with less weight but both being taken to basically failure is the way

I built my body primarly in low reps and heavy weights
>>
>>40238842
> Bulgarian Split Squats with Dumbbels instead of BB Squats
> Dumbbel Press and Rows
> Dumbbel Romanian Deadlft
> Pull-downs
> Triceps Pushdowns
> Cable Lateral Raises + Face Pulls
> Curls
>>
My bench session yesterday was shit, only one set of 3 reps down to not being able to sleep the night before.
Should I do a lower weight, say my warmup weight, at 4x12 tomorrow, or should I call it a bad session and just try again Monday?
>>
File: 1484774752861.jpg (166KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484774752861.jpg
166KB, 1024x1024px
Any of you fags know a decent mk 677 seller? Getting loads of different names and prices from different sources, but leaning towards some chinese corps atm.
>>
>>40239066
> r/steroidsourcetalk
>>
DYEL here. Could you give me some raw simple monotonous thing I can eat for a keto diet. 2-3 things would do. I only have broke-ass microwave and no oven in my dorm, so I can't cook anything meaningful. I'm looking to drop some 10-20 pounds of holiday lard in a reasonable amount of time.
>inb4 sticky
>inb4 internet
All these things need cooking.
>>
>>40238855
>>40239024
Thanks brehs. I'm gonna sign up and give it a shot. If I'm figuring out how many sets to do with the DBs can I just divide the original volume I lifted with the barbell by the weight of the DB and partition accordingly?
>>
>>40239277
Shoot at 80% of the total weight you do with BB, then divide it for each dumbbell.
>>
File: candito2.png (92KB, 253x234px) Image search: [Google]
candito2.png
92KB, 253x234px
What do you think of making the OHP the main press movement instead of the Bench Press, in the Canditou LP/hypertrophy?
It goes like this:

Monday
>Squat - 3x6
>Deadlift - 2x6
>SLDL - 3x8-12
>Calf Raises - 5x15

Tuesday
>OHP - 3x6
>Dumbbel Row - 3x5
>Bench Press - 1x6
>Pulldown - 1x6
>Face Pulls - 4x12
>Curls - 3x12

Wednesday
>Squat - 5x8
>SLDL - 3x8
>Hamstring Curls - 3x12
>Calf Raises - 5x15

Friday
>OHP - 4x8
>DB Row - 4x8
>Incline Bench Press - 4x8
>Pulldown - 4x8
>Bench Press - 3x10
>Curls - 3x12
>Lateral Raises - 4x812
>Triceps Pushdown 4x8-12
>>
I'm natty. What's the number of reps I need to hit for aesthetic, 5x, 8x or 12x? Is hyperthrophy a meme now?
What about full body workout? If I still feel I can do the same training the day after should I do it or is that killing any gains?
>>
What fucking TDEE calculator am I supposed to use? Literally every single one gives me different numbers.
>>
>>40234390
caffeine
>>
>>40234528
Yes, obviously
>>
>>40234562
>i was looking for a more salty/savoury flavor to mix into soup. am i retarded or what
Yes, you are. Whey is a dairy product, unflavored tastes like paper.
>>
File: 1485826121125.jpg (42KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1485826121125.jpg
42KB, 512x384px
Can i realistically and efficiently achieve improved aesthetics and strength at the same time?
Tips / routines?
>>
I only go to the gym at my college campus, where I have to commute. If I'm doing a 6 day PPL is it okay to just do legs on the same days as pull? This gives two days of consecutive rest though, so PPLP(PL)xx
>>
doing squats 5 reps with 30sec rest between sets until fail it's ok to increase both strenght and resistance ?
i'm doing it to improve my mtb timings
>>
Hey guys, anybody have the pictures of the 4 day split that's a Push, Pull, Legs and Full body?
>>
Help, my bench press won't go up. I want to start benching every workout. Is this a good idea?
>>
Its it possible to get a bigger butt without getting bigger thighs?
>>
>>40241439
>>40241439
barbell hip thrusts and barbell glute bridges
>>
>>40231623
Use clips you retard

>>40233095
Stop being a bitch lol
>>
I failed C25k's 4th week again.

I'm thinking the ramp-up from 3 minutes to 5 is just too fucking hard to jump in a week. What can I do in the meantime? Just repeat week 3 until further notice?
>>
New Thread

>>40236450
>>40236450
>>40236450
>>
>>40241671
I have clips. That's not the point of bumper plates you degenerate hog.
>>
>>40241586
Thanks! I'm already doing glute bridges with dumbbells so I'll do hip thrusts too
>>
>>40225401
>>40232018
It's /mostly/ a meme. Soy does contain a bunch of phytoestrogen compounds, but studies seem to suggest that it doesn't affect estrogen levels by a statistically significant amount when consumed in normal quantities. That being said, getting all of your protein from soy is almost definitely a bad idea.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.