[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (347KB, 584x370px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
347KB, 584x370px
How do I safely learn deadlifting without a coach?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>40215942
Watch videos to learn form or you'll fuck yourself up and practice on a smith until you get a feel for it then practice with actual weights.
>>
>>40215956
lol dont practise on a smith machine...

try trap bar and make sure you have adequate mobility and good positions (film yourself and compare to pros) before you load up over 200 pounds.
>>
>>40215956
Gym is not an option for me.
Smith is not available anywhere.
I am willing to go slow (single-leg work if need be, to start) but have to take care of this at home, alone, like an autist.
I just tried it with 250+ lbs. I don't have whatever a 'trap bar' is, either.
Thanks for your time, guys.
>>
>>40215942

Youtube videos and starting with babyweight.

And loads of trial and error, really.
>>
>>40215942

I'd say practice with sumos before doing conventional. I perfected my form by strictly doing sumos, because its much eaiser to lift with your legs that way. Then, once you understand the "push" part of the the lift, you can transition into lighter conventionals and work your way up.
>>
>>40216035
I should have said earlier,
Have done dumbbell deadlifts, up to 70lbs each hand. Have done goblet squats, up to 70lbs (those are working weights)
I have been doing everything BUT going to a barbell, but think I should do more for my hams.
>>
>>40216035
>sumos
Thanks for this suggestion, I hadn't considered it.
I will have to work something out for foot position, though. See, (this is a bit silly) I have a small bar, which has all my plates on it (was thinking of adding chains to the ends...)
This leaves my grip narrow, and not much room to choose toe position.
>>
>>40215942
just keep your back straight and push with your heels. deads are like half rep squats. I did a lot of crazy stuff early on with the deadlift with zero coaching or anything and deadlift is the only exercise of the big 3 where I never injured myself. well thats not entirely true. once I had a tear somewhere near my abs, didnt even expect something like that to be possible. took like 2 weeks to heal

so tldr just deadlift and dont be a fucking retard and you will be fine. deadlift is a braindead exercise
>>
>>40216215
dont do sumo

its a fake dead for pussies. primarily for manlets because it gives them better leverage due to their short leg / long torso ratio
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.