[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weight Loss Plateau

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1442199546589.png (54KB, 200x322px) Image search: [Google]
1442199546589.png
54KB, 200x322px
Hey /fit/, I've come across a little issue in my weight loss and need advice.

So about 4 months ago I started to try and lose weight. My current weight at that time was 308lbs.

After 3 months I was down to 258lbs, so a 50lb weight loss. Or around 16.5 pounds a month.

I am now reaching the end of my 4th month and am currently at 250lbs... meaning I've only lost a measly 8 pounds in one month compared to my previous 16.5.

This is really putting me down and I need some advice on getting back on track! I eat 1,200 calories a day and do little to no exercise. I haven't changed anything... A lot of people say you lose weight fast at the beginning because it's water weight, but I HIGHLY doubt that I was losing "water weight" for 3 whole months.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I'll answer any questions you guys have.
>>
>>40212644
Also I'm 5' 8" if anyone was wondering
>>
You lost a lot of weight all at once because you cut the ridiculous amount of calories you were consuming, and now your weight loss has slowed down to a more normal amount. Just gonna have to have some patience. Roughly two pounds a week is what I've always been told is the healthy amount.
>>
>>40212727
Ah okay, I kind of want to get like 195 by the first of July, do you think that's possible?
>>
>>40212789
You should be in the ballpark as long as you keep going. If you keep losing 8 pounds a month you should be 202 by July first, if you lose a bit more here and there then 195 is easily possible.
>>
>>40212822
alright cool. I know I'll still be a fat piece of shit regardless of me reaching 195 or not, but w/e. Also do you recommend light exercise while keeping a 1200 calorie diet?
>>
>>40212848
Get 150+ grams of protein daily if you're not already and do calisthenics and/or sprints if you don't have access to weights so that you can keep what muscle you have.
>>
>>40212882
okay, will do! Though I am severely deconditioned so I don't know how intense I should make my workouts (sprinting wise) doctor advised me to do at most an hour of walking a day.
>>
>>40212882
*Sprints after you lose more weight so you don't risk hurting your knees.

Swimming would be amazing as well because it would spare your joints while being pretty strenuous.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.