[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In power cleans, how to get under the bar quicker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: underbar.jpg (64KB, 594x411px) Image search: [Google]
underbar.jpg
64KB, 594x411px
In power cleans, how to get under the bar quicker?
>>
Move faster.
>>
>>40210512
be stronger
>>
>>40210520
Any exercises to help with the speed?
>>
>Engage the hips by pushing feet into the floor to engage glutes
>Keep this engagement the entire time
>"Jump out, not forward or backwards"
>throw elbows to the sky

It's what has worked for me.
>>
>>40210512
Use this cue if you aren't already: PULL yourself UNDER the bar. This enables you to place the bar on your clavicles instead of waiting on it to fall.
>>
>>40210512
practice with bands or chains.
>>
File: Power-Clean-e1368126380917.png (152KB, 630x263px) Image search: [Google]
Power-Clean-e1368126380917.png
152KB, 630x263px
>>40210512
you don't get under anything. you pull the bar up onto your shoulders
>>
>>40210512
I don't know and that's why I power clean and clean 120
>>
>>40212298
don't mind me, I thought you asked about cleans
as >>40212296 said for power
>>
>>40212298
lbs or kg?
>>
>>40210512
*teleports under the bar*
>>
>>40212346
You unlock this when you reach level 99

>>40210512
I have 8months experience of olympic lifts and these cues have helped me the most to get under the bar:

1) Keep your arms relaxed. It can take months really, it's not very simple to do. What helps this is to get your back as tights as possible and feel the weight rest on your hook grip. Yes, you have to use HOOK GRIP. Don't try to squeeze the bar at all with your ahnd.

2) Don't pull with your hands and shoulders too soon. Only after you have finished triple extension. After that, pull yourself under the bar FAST. But remember to pull the barbell upwards (elbows upwards). Your elbows should straighten at the same time your feet land on the floor.

3)Complete the second pull fast, and fuse the third pull with it. There should be no pause between. The better you get, the faster you can do the third pull after triple extension (they fuse together). If you fail to accelerate the bar enough after second pull, your third pull will be slow too.
>>
>>40212325
kg bro
>>
>>40210512
>>40210549
Tall cleans/high hang cleans
>>
>>40210512
try not being a massive faggot
>>
>>40210549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXfkEW9WVNU
>>
you need to pull yourself under, this is tough if the weight on the bar is less than your bodyweight.
>>
>>40210512

Ask your coach

>he does olympic lifts without a coach

Sucks to be you, OP
>>
>>40210549
Power cleans
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.