[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hardgainers1.jpg (12KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
hardgainers1.jpg
12KB, 350x200px
>inb4 read the sticky
I've read the sticky as well as other information on ways to bulk

6'4" 180lb lanklet here

I've calculated my TDEE and my recommended intake for gaining weight is about 3,500 kcals.
I've been trying to eat more than I used to for about two months and haven't made much progress with size, strength, or weight.
Wasn't tracking my diet however so I'm going to try to be more organized with it.

I need some tips on how to do this.

>As a college student with very limited funds for buying my own groceries and no way to cook, what is the best way for getting the most calories?
>I have a meal plan but the dining hall doesn't serve the most balanced food nor is it consistently the same thing so what kind of foods should I look for?
>What is the easiest way to track calories and macros?
>>
>>40210476
I'm your height and weight. Follow this diet:

https://youtu.be/gJio0lPysF8
>>
>>40210509
While I could find a lot of the food or something similar at my dining hall, they give you set amount and won't give you more unless you eat in the cafeteria which I don't have time for.

As I said, I also have no way of cooking other than using a microwave.
>>
>>40210476

Eat more.

>>40210638

Make excuses less.

>>40210476

Eat more.
>>
>>40210638
You have to find a way to eat more. I'm very quickly seeing results using this diet.

What you need to change most importantly is your own thinking. The default state for us lanklets is to think that trying really hard and lifting heavy weights will make us bigger and stronger because of the effort we put in, even if we just eat when we get hungry. This is the opposite of the truth, as he says in the video. Eating is the basis of growth, and lifting is secondary. If you don't eat enough then don't even lift, because there is no point. Other than developing mental toughness from permanently struggling for no results.

We're skellies because we developed habits of undereating as we grew up. Eat like a man first and foremost, then train like one and you'll start to look like one. Godspeed anon, I'm right there with ya
>>
>>40210476
What fucking calculator are you using??

6'4, 180lbs, maintenance TDEE is 2314. Do you seriously think eating 3500, a +FUCKING 1200 kCal a day, is actually a smart idea? Enjoy your perma bulk, 300lb 'powerlifter' physique mate.... Honestly unless you're doing like 3 hours at the gym (which in itself is fucking retarded) there is no way in the world +1200 is going to not turn you into a fat mess.

https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&g=male&age=20&lbs=180&in=76&act=1.2&f=1

Also, stop making excuses about cafeteria, if you want to make it find a way. Friends' kitchen, eat in mess hall not 'wah wah I don't have time'. You do have time you're just choosing not to spend it on this. If this is what you want, make the fucking time.

Answer to final Q is cronometer online or myfitnesspal app for your phone. Spend 10 bucks on an electronic scale and measure your shit, no point tracking if you just guess what the food weighs.
>>
>>40212250
are you fucking retarded i am 5'9 and my tdee is 2600

it is not possible for him to fucking maintain at 2300 6'4 180lbs...
>>
>>40212929
Where the fuck are you guys getting your numbers??? Just tried 3 different sites using 20 years old, 6'4 and 180lbs aiming for maintenance. Getting 2300-2450 without exercise.
Assuming gym 4 times a week at around 300 kCal a session still doesn't mean maintenance is 3500... No wonder americucks are so fucking fat, even your TDEE calculators tell you to over eat.
>>
>>40212973
except i have confirmed that this number is accurate through tracking my weight and calories across a period of time

that is why you are a fucking skeleton retard, 180lbs 6'4 LOL, try not to get hit by a breeze u might get blown away
>>
>>40213037
I'm not the OP dipshit...
>>
>>40212250
not sure if you can read,
using https://tdeecalculator.net

Basal Metabolic Rate 1,918 calories per day
Sedentary 2,302 calories per day
Light Exercise 2,637 calories per day
Moderate Exercise 2,973 calories per day
Heavy Exercise 3,308 calories per day
Athlete 3,644 calories per day

so yea, 3,5kcal seems about right, if you do heavy exercise

>>40210476
I'm 6'3" started 176lbs, not I'm maintining 200lbs for several years
I bulked up on Halva and Peanut butter, can you afford peanut butter? Two slices of bread, PB in middle, make two and take to college, eat them throught out the day, I used to buy them in 250g jars, so I would almost finish a jar in two days, meaning I get at least 100g of PB a day, which is almost 600cals
>>
>>40210638
>no time for food
>no time for gainz

Sorry bud, stay DYEL. If you want something bad enough you find a way to make it happen, despite being uncomfortable.
>>
>>40212250
My maintaining is 3000 kcals.
I said above my intake to gain weight is 3500.

https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=18&g=male&lbs=180&in=76&act=1.55&bf=14&f=1
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.