[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Issues with my squat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: received_1361466240541639.gif (2MB, 356x292px) Image search: [Google]
received_1361466240541639.gif
2MB, 356x292px
Not reaching parallel
Bar on traps (is this too much of an issue? I find it hard to put it on my shoulders)
My elbows flare out they don't remain straight and pointed to the ground almost on a diagonal
My lower back is rounding at the bottom
I lean too far forward almost like I'm doing a good morning
So far I've had knee pain and lower back pain I reach up to a 185 lbs squat (once up to 235 lbs) injure myself and then reset to lower weight to try and get form right rinse and repeat

Things I try
Hold breath to bottom then exhale at top
Push gut in and try to push it out
Squeeze lats together
Hold chest in
Stick my ass out further
Shoulder width stance
Point my toes out a bit

I work on my form with a broom stick and empty bar but it's the same thing I can see myself on camera do the exercise wrong and even no weight squats giving me back pain now.

Note: I had bad posture for much of my life and I walk on the sides of my feet almost since I could walk. And I'm clumsy and slow learning how to do physical things. I was always more of a book worm.

What do?
>>
stretch

learn to speak/write english
>>
Try squating
>>
File: squat_badform.png (775KB, 1145x640px)
squat_badform.png
775KB, 1145x640px
I have an image of my form here, these are the problems right?

I didn't expect to make this image public so please ignore me wearing briefs heh.
>>
>>40210621
mirin
>>
>>40210621
Sit back more. You should be able to rest at the bottom, Like taking a dump in the woods. Also, don't hold your breath, you gonna get yourself killed when you pass out. If you still have questions, go on youtube, and watch some Olympic lifters at the actual olympics. They know exactly what they are doing, and your lower body should do exactly the same thing as theirs form-wise for c&j
>>
>>40210621
>>40211073
Also for buttwink:
Stretch hamstrings & glutes. Isometric, for 90s each, every day. Will actually make progress with that kind of timr
>>
>>40211073
I was doing some research on my own about the Olympic squat and I realized I need to sit back more as well. Thanks for the info though it was taking too long for replies and pretty much all day I been trying to figure out ways to fix it.

Noted about holding breath it was hard holding my breath like that but I heard it given as advice on the stronglifts website and by Alan Thrall. ie inhale on the descent and exhale when you are standing up.

I've been practicing "squatting" as if taking a shit in the woods with just bodyweight but it feels so weird to me because of my posture.
>>
Bar is too high.
Knees are sliding too far forward.
You are squatting too low to supplement knee slide.
Do what youre doing with a slightly wider grip. broom lower and place that card board box in the corner in front of your toes. and see what youre doing wrong with your knees.Practice not hitting the box
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.