[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually lift for any reason other than grills?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485748629549.png (66KB, 199x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485748629549.png
66KB, 199x224px
Do people actually lift for any reason other than grills?
>>
i want to lift as much as four corpses
>>
boys :}
>>
Started out that way , then ended up doing to be stronger at other activities like rock climbing etc
>>
>>40209271
>2017:
>Still reducing everything down to Freudian logic (everything is because of SEX)
>HURR DURR

Athletes train to become better at their sport, dimwit.
>>
>>40209271
The "after burn" on the muscles feels amazing. Also, being in just an overall good mood because of dopamine and shit.
>>
Cutie traps seem to prefer masculine guys.
>>
>>40209320
From my own experience, they seem love hairy fat dudes and older men, so the masculinity they seek for doesn't seem to be too related to muscle.
>>
>>40209312

You know the reason most athletes do what they do is to get girls, right? When college coaches are recruiting male athletes, they prioritize providing the athlete with hot girls to fuck. Most of these guys know they will never go pro in their respective sport so they just want guaranteed pussy for 4 years.
>>
>>40209271
Yeah, they lift to be able to help your mom to bring a giant pile of dicks to her mouth.
>>
I pretty much lift to be healthy and be better at basketball.
>>
I wanna be big and strong so I can help people

Also, I consider myself lucky for having a functioning body, so I might as well get the most out of it
>>
>>40209271
I wanna be a big mountain man
>>
>>40209271
I'm already married so I lift for other reasons:
1.) Don't like being ashamed of my reflection
2.) Lifting is fun
3.) Clothes fit better
4.) Like to be stronk
>>
>>40209271
Short term I feel better all day if I lift in the morning. Long term my back and knees hurt if I go an extended period without lifting.
>>
File: dadbrah.png (48KB, 1321x417px) Image search: [Google]
dadbrah.png
48KB, 1321x417px
110% yes.

I was lucky enough to work at a gym where Olympic athletes trained, and I asked some why they endured what they did. Some of them did it as a means to get through university, because they knew that even though they might not win gold, at least some national championships would get them a sponsor, or some awards at uni to pay their tuition.

A few other guys who did powerlifting, weightlifting, and other sports were pretty honest and said it was a way for them to begin dealing with their emotional issues. A lot of dudes who got bullied knew that, at least if they were in better shape, they could give of a "don't piss off" vibe if they needed too. Then it morphed into something different, and they liked the sport to compete with other guys who had it rough in school and were generally less sociable.

I began lifting for health reasons and psychological reasons. Honestly, I never thought lifting would get me grills, and I lurked here before I began lifting for a good year or so. One thing I realized, and a lot of /fit/izens realize after a while, is that people begin to like you for the most shallow reasons once you have an above-average physique. People who not three years ago either did, or would have shit talked you, begin acting like your best friend. I knew that if I lifted, it was to help with my anxiety, depression and being a fat ass. Anything after that was a bonus.

I'm lucky to have just made some great pals out of this, honestly. Some of the best times I had in undergrad were going to meets with the guys and girls who competed, who were there for each other.

Lift for girls all you want. Honestly, it's not a bad motivation to get into the gym. Just don't be surprised if one day you wake up and realize it isn't you they like. There's some great women out there, but chances are most of you aren't giving them the time of day because you just want the Stacey's and Becky's.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.