[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1408054826666.jpg (49KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
1408054826666.jpg
49KB, 467x453px
im so fucking frustrated, i finally got my bench up to 190 lbs 3X5 last Wednesday then on Friday it went down to 4 reps and i tried again and its still at 4 reps what the fuck do i iv been eating and sleeping enough REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
ADD 500 CALS, IF NO WORK, ADD 500 CALS, IF NO WORK, ADD 1000 CALS
>>
Be glad your not sick and haven't lifted for 2 weeks
I can feel my strength fading away
Can't wait to lose ~10kg from my working sets once I get back
>>
>>40209144
Are you also cutting? Cus that shit happens to me all the time while cutting.
>>
>3x5

Why do you guys do this? You don't lift to failure? You just pump out a few reps and call it good?
>>
>>40209171
I knew that feel. I'm just getting over it. My lifts are finally going back up and my cardio is still shit.
>>
>>40209144
Dude what are you doing? You can't go max effort like that 3 times a week, you'll just regress after a while. Same shit happened to me. What program are you running?
>>
>>40209435
you're supposed to use a weight such that you're at failure at ~5 (but still have good form)
>>
>>40209435
You shouldn't lift to failure every session if you're doing a compound lift more than once a week.

Sure, you'll get away with it for a while but after you hit upper intermediate strength levels you'll regress / get injured / burnout and get a lovely red pepe face like our friend OP here.
>>
>>40209144

Intermediate level bencher here. Not quite sure why you've regressed (maybe you've peaked, or different bar, or bench-width) but it seems you've hit a plateau and need to switch programs, and increase weekly volume/load
>>
>>40209435
On that plan If 3x5 isn't hard and basically failure youre not lifting heavy enough
>>
>>40209552
for bench can i do 3X8 at 155 lbs monday and wendsday and try to set a new pr 3X5 every friday or something
>>
>>40209778
Well, I don't know if 155 pounds for 3x8 is max effort for you or not. If it is, you should stop doing it because benching max effort 3 times a week will hurt you, either literally or gains-wise.

If you like high-frequency benching, get on a proper program that allows that, like Sheiko's (IIRC)
>>
Your muscles are just tired. They'll recover and you'll be stronger than ever. Just be patient.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.