[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegans friends said Seitan is full of proteins, true or bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: seitan.png (495KB, 690x467px) Image search: [Google]
seitan.png
495KB, 690x467px
>>
>>40205157
looks like actual bullshit tbqhfam
>>
>>40205157
honestly, it has better macros than some protein powders. Some hippies won't touch it though, because it is essentially pure gluten.
>>
Yes it's true. But don't take my word for it- look it up you fucking dilweed
>>
>>40205157

It's essentially protein powder made into food, so yeah it has a lot of protein
>>
>>40205157
True, but it is a soy product which means the protein is

> less bioavailable
> incomplete, so you need to eat it with rice
> soy MAY be estrogenic if you eat a lot of it

I'm not as horrified of soy as most of /fit/ is so I'll occasionally put tofu in my stir fry but better to eat it sparingly
>>
>>40205157
seitan is high protein. One "serving" (which is all know is a much smaller amount than people actually eat.) is 26g. If you eat a filling amount, you will get 50-70grams of protein in a meal. It's a bonus that it's also soy free.
>>
>>40205215
ah shit I'm retarded and got tofu and seitan mixed up. Disregard me lads
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>40205215
wrong.

It's not a soy product, it's wheat gluten protein.
>>
>>40205205
From the recipe I got, two part glutens, one part rice powder.
>>
>>40205217
It is lacking in amino acids though, it is classified as an "incomplete protein". Add some black beans to the dish to balance it out or scoop some BCAAs throughout the day.
>>
>>40205261
that's what I do, BCAAs and tons of seitan.
>>
>>40205157
It is full of proteins. But is almost pure gluten, not a very good a.a. profile. If you top with a considerable dose of BCAA or brewer's yeast, then, yes, it becomes very good protein source.
>>
>>40205302
except that the person saying it was soy said they were wrong immediately after because they were wrong.
>>
>>40205232
It's okay, I'm a retard too.
>>
>>40205157

It's wheat protein right? So incomplete and needs to be eaten with something like soya beans?
>>
>>40205215

>didn't even bother to google what seitan is before responding

This is the typical /fit/ poster giving advice.
>>
>>40205157
Too much fiber for bulk consumption and lacks the micronutrients that meat or fish has.
>>
Seitan is really good. Tastes like another kind of meat. I feel bad for people who can't eat it because of gluten.
>>
>>40205157
It's INCOMPLETE protein; it is deficient in at least one amino acid (lysine). Also it's just another name for 'wheat gluten', and if you have any sensitivity or allergy whatsoever to wheat gluten, this stuff will fuck you up. I wouldn't bother with it.
>>
>>40205157
Full of shit protein and phytotoxins, yeah. You'd be better off with meat or dairy, or even tofu.
>>
>>40207113
How phytotoxins? From bread?
>>
>>40207335
From wheat you dumbass.
>>
It's honestly pretty good. If I had the money/time/moral dillema that gave me the opportunity to eat vegetarian I"d probably eat a ton of Seitan. It basically tastes exactly like meat.

Has no fats, low on carbs and basically all protein. It's lacking on some proteins and nutrients but nobody said you should only eit Seitan.

I know a couple of vegans who try not to eat it because it's basically cheating lel
>>
I have made Satan before

its easy.. get whole wheat flour and add water then kneed then take blobs of it and rinse it under running water while squishing it in your hands... the gluten will be wall that remains as a sticking blob... then you cook that.. dose it with shoyu... tasty..
>>
>>40205261
>>40205301
>>40205323
>>40205723

Tip: if you make it yourself (super easy and cheap), add some mashed beans to the mixture (white beans are the best for this). Fixes the amino acid definiceny and improves texture a lot.
>>
>>40207406
Bread has wheat, ass hat.
>>
>>40207467
>It's lacking on some proteins and nutrients but nobody said you should only eit Seitan.

Finally, someone with sense!
>>
>>40205184
> "meat"
> literal pieces of rotting flesh from an animal that took shat, pissed and puked all over itself while it was in confinement, abused, then painfully slaughtered so you're dumb ass could have the privilege of getting cancer and dying from eating it every day.

But wheat gluten and beans are disgusting.

Uden bur.
>>
>>40209547
McDonald's is the fucking bomb.

They could make that shit out of literal feces and I would still eat that shit if it tasted the same.
>>
>>40209903
No one doubts that you would eat literal shit.
>>
>>40209547
>not raising your own animals for slaughter in pristine and comfy conditions for maximum flavour

I'd offer to share but the misuse of "literal" triggers me.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.