[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Souls Training Method

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Dark-Souls-II.png (384KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-II.png
384KB, 610x343px
Inb4 Autistic

Here's how it works:

Build a program that spans over the course of several days. Mine is a 4 day program and I'll use it as a example.

If you've played Dark Souls, you know that every time you die you have to restart at the beginning. Now take that concept and apply it to your workout schedule.

Day 1: Deadlift/Back
Day 2: Squats/Legs
Day 3: Bench/Chest
Day 4: Shoulders/Arms

You progress through each day. If you miss a day, you start back at day 1. If take a rest day, start back at day 1. Get through the cycle, add more weight.

The idea is that you're forced to go to the gym or you'll be stuck on deadlifts and squats, which are the hardest lifts, but also the best for you. You won't keep doing arms because you need to work hard to get to them.
>>
>>40204433
Its a good concept but it would be better applied to specific exercises and stick per muscle group

For example: i fail something like a bicep curl on 8x3 at 50 pounds. I should have to redue this work out again until i can pass my failure point, never skipping the exercise or moving to another for that muscle until i have achieved the set. Obviously you will still need to incorporate multiple exercise per muscle group.

Its not a great a program, you are just training your body to be good at repetition specifically that exercise
>>
I would say Dark Souls method is:
>Workout until you die
>Restart at bonfire
>Repeat
>>
File: 1484182224211.jpg (92KB, 480x574px) Image search: [Google]
1484182224211.jpg
92KB, 480x574px
>>40204600
this

also I try not to die at the gym.
Feels like I get close some times on the last heavy DL sets though
>>
>>40204433
Bench doesn't really isolate chest all that much
You'll feel that in your arms if you go full shoulders/arms the next day
>>
>>40205028
Sure thing. But the point is that most people like bench. So put it later in the week so you have to complete the other lifts before you can get to easier ones.
>>
>>40204512
I agree. But it would be so much harder this way.
>>
I dint get it

Is this a 4 day lifting split or...
>>
>>40205607
some people fuckaround so much that they need a meme-workout to keep them motivated , it allow them to give up at 4 week instead of 2 ;^)
>>
>>40204433
>You won't keep doing arms because you need to work hard to get to them.
This is literally the opposite of what you should be doing. Unless you're in the noob phase of strength, your body responds to the volume of training, which you've just fucked
>>
File: IMG_7111.jpg (122KB, 761x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7111.jpg
122KB, 761x809px
>>40205639
>>
File: 1474469413367.jpg (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474469413367.jpg
36KB, 720x720px
>>40204433
>>40205639
I unironically used the DS3 release as a glorified push-up thread.

>blind run
>solo, no NPC or player phantoms
>die to an enemy – 10 pushups
>die to the environment (falls, poison, traps, etc.) – 10 BW squats.
>die to a boss – 5 burpees

It was fun. I’ll probably do it again when the last DLC comes out.
>>
>>40205912
This guy gets it.
>>
>>40205653
So I should be doing mostly arms?
>>
>>40205977
No, you should be training in proportion. If you wind up sucking at bench pressing, you'll rarely if ever hit your shoulders which will cause your bench and core strength to lag behind. If you sucked at squatting, you'd never get on the bench and have retardedly massive glutes from all the deadlifts you had to do.

Your volume will determine your growth, but if you train disproportionately, you'll have imbalances that will fuck up your goals whether they be strength or aesthetics. Disproportionate training is why curlbros exist and look like shit
>>
Me and my mate are playing through DS at the moment and when it's his turn I sit around in a squat or stretch and stuff.

Yes it is autistic and i don't care
>>
>>40204433

Wow, you came up with all that instead of having a scintilla of willpower?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.