[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people make friends in the gym? I just sit quietly and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (156KB, 1080x1132px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1080x1132px
How do people make friends in the gym?
I just sit quietly and do my thing. Is coming up to strangers and talking to them really a thing and am i just autistic or does the rest of you not talk to anyone as well?
My interaction with other people in the gym comes down to "how many sets do you have left?"
And ive been in the same gym for 6 months.

And also, does any of you hit on women in the gym?
>>
*BUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRPPP*
>>
>>40204439
agreed
>>
>>40204393
jesus
>>
>>40204393
I've been in my gym for 2 years. See the same people there all the time. only talk to one of them cos i asked him to show me how to do squats and deadlifts. the other ppl i would talk to/say hi to are ppl from school n shit.

But yea just say how long you been coming here when you are swapping with people however maybe they are all normies so maybe dont talk to them?

One guy tried to start a conversation with me before while we were swapping.
>I wear a hoodie.
>I look like a gym bro....
but he was a newfag & more attractive than me & most likely was a normie so i just avoided the conversation by being autistic i.e. nodding my head & then saying "I am going to use that other machine now."

Never asked a girl out in the gym. Not at that level yet bros. I also spilled water on my trousers right in the middle.....When my gym crush was there.....So yea i dont aim to talk to ppl there.
>>
Tbh i tend to talk to people in the changing rooms if they're changing by me (no homo)
Like i'll just mention if they have a myprotein shaker since thats where i get my powder, or if they're audibly complaining about being sore just be like 'leg day lad?'
Idk normies are friendly just don't sperg too much
>>
>>40204393
holy fuck
>>
>wants an answer to his questions
>posts nice girl so faggots can derail thread talking about how hot girl in the OP is

Also, it depends on the gym and the people. In my gym there are some guys and girls who like to smalltalk and shit, with whom I can grab an occasional after workout beer, while others like to keep for themselves.
Just don't force yourself upon anybody.

And never hit on girls in the gym. Do it outside if you happen to meet them in the wild.
>>
>>40204393
>talking to people in the gym
>not just putting your headphones on and listening to music
never gonna make it
>>
>>40204393
that qt, hnng
>>
File: 1485797182966.jpg (165KB, 1080x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1485797182966.jpg
165KB, 1080x1132px
>not knowing the biggest red flag for women

never gonna make it
>>
>be me
>complete dyel virgin
>finally work up the courage to go to the gym
>do the freebie test hour
>meet a cute girl who is also there her first time
>start dating her and never go back
>>
>>40204393
I don't talk to anyone in the gym. I just stick my headphones on and get on with it. It is not a place to be sociable and I don't want anyone bothering me.
>>
>>40205285
explain pl0x
>>
>>40206021
He's saying that girls with "cat eye" makeup are crazy. Which is bullshit. Ignore him.
>>
>>40206021
Girls who put that shit on their eyes are treacherous sluts
>>
>>40206072
Source?
>>
>when you look at the ground in the locker room the whole time to make it seem you aren't gay.
>>
>>40206106
Your mom.
>>
Well I've made one friend from liftan, here's how it went down

> About to do squats but both racks taken
> One dude is deadlifting in front of the rack
> Ask if it's okay if he needs the rack and if it's okay that I squat there
> Squat
> After workout, same dude in the wardrobe
> I ask "good workout?" or some basic shit
> Talk about programs
> Turns out we both gonna study physical therapy
> Proceed to add eachother on facebook

You just gotta take some initative man, and you see fast if they are open to talk to you or not
>>
>>40206021
winged eye mascara is used mainly by vain, idiotic women who have nothing better to do with their time than sit around and watch make up tutorials to make them feel better about not having nice facial aesthetics.
>>
>>40206149
size others up like a true a l p h a
>>
>>40206072
noice
>>
>>40206266
yeah cuz OP's girls clearly don't have nice face...
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 577x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 577x389px
>>40205715
>>
>>40204393
I have started gym just a couple months ago and a few guys have already talked to me out of nowhere. When you're doing an activity and you're good at it people will think you're cool.

>And also, does any of you hit on women in the gym?
I could give a fuck about women.
>>
If it's someone I see regularly I'll introduce myself just so I can wave to then or nod whenever either of us see each other.

Motivates me to know they're theyre since it's like a community.
>>
File: 1483408988751.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483408988751.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>>40206149
>when the guy who took a shower is next to your locker so you fucking wait because he is butass naked changing with his shit on the bench
>>
>>40204393
coming up t people and striking up a conversation is kind of weird but if you're working out next to them yes I will start a conversation but only if i have something to say.
>>
>>40207904
>And then he proceeds to put his shirt on first, then puts on his socks and THEN he puts on underwear

I dont understand those idiots
>>
>>40204393
This is what you do, if you've seen a chick workout around the same area you just ask them ''so hows the gains coming along?'' slightly jokingly. They will often be surprised but start to talk about their routine and goals. You greet them every time you see them from then on. This technique might not work if you've trained and done your thing in their vicinity for a while. I train very hard and baffle normies with my strength while staying quiet. Then when I break the ice they seem eager to talk to me.
I don't pick them up tho and bang them, I get awkward when conversations turn sexual.
With guys a compliment on their lift or a little joke while you walk around with a weighed belt will do. Make a joke about ronnie coleman if they know him. And if you walk around with the weighed belt you give a dirty grin and say, ''I got balls of steel''. You need to feel out the appropiate timing slightly, if you are the dull-social senses type of autist you might time this horribly and mess up.
The line between quirky and aspie is very thin.
>>
>>40204393
>be in the same gym for over 3 years now
>meet the same people all the time
>at first just start saying hi when we see each other
>then ask each others for spotting
>quick chats here and there during breaks
>start talking more and more
I mean I've been seeing those guys 3-4 times a week for past 3 years I feel like it would be weird as fuck if we wouldn't even say hi to each other.
>>
>>40205715
This. A thousand times this.
>>
>>40206266
>vain, idiotic women who have nothing better to do with their time than sit around and watch make up tutorials to make them feel better about not having nice facial aesthetics.
Almost as pathetic as faggots, shitposting on a mongolian mandala making board.
>>
>>40208037
If you haven't trained and done your thing in their vicinity for a while***
I am referring to the mere exposure effect ofcourse
>>
>>40204859
> never hit on girls in the gym.

Why?
>>
>>40206275
Thanks bro, were all gonna make it.
>>
File: clubsl4.png (522KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
clubsl4.png
522KB, 541x640px
>>40204393
OP you need to make your friends in the locker room. Nobody likes being interrupted when working out. Either when changing or in the shower approach a guy and talk to him about his workout, life, etc. I've met all of my gym bros this way.
>>
>>40208688
BBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP
>>
>>40204393
>How do people make friends in the gym?

We don't.

Because you're not supposed to.

You either go there with someone or meet someone you already know, or you go alone and keep alone.

You don't meet and get to know new people at the gym for fuck sake. Everyone is there doing the most autistic thing in the world for the most vain reasons. Not exactly a mood for getting to know one another.
>>
>>40204393

The easiest way is to go during busy times so that you have to ask if you can share equipment. I did this all the time before I was home gym master race, not even to try to make friends or hit on girls, but because what's the point in waiting around when you can work in between someone else's sets?

What I found was that you end up chatting to them naturally. The people who were the nicest about sharing the eq were the guys who lifted the most. Girls were never cunty, they would either be chatty or just pretty quiet, and giggle at my lame jokes.

But I don't really like the idea of attending a gym for months and never speak a word, then expect to be able to walk up to your gym crush and ask her to netflix & chill. The key I think is to be known as that guy who is friendly with everyone, so that when you do start hitting on some girl it doesn't seem so out of place.

If I were you I'd start asking to work in, asking people to spot you, and strike up convos. Slowly attain a reputation for being friendly, then you can start talking to grills. Women are naturally intrigued by men who waltz into a place and is friends with everyone.
>>
>>40204439
>>40204685
>>40204738
>>40205014
>>40208788

Neck yourselves.
>>
The stronger I get, the more the gym regs accept me and talk to me. I have the highest OHP and bench in there so people sometimes ask me for advice.

My mate goes to another gym and he's bros with all the regulars and folk who know what to do.
>>
In my experience, you should work on making friends elsewhere, if you want friends. Most people in the gym are there to get in their workout and leave.

The ones who do want to talk are usually going to talk primarily about lifting and diet etc, since that's why they're in there to begin with. At one point I was super excited about lifting and wanting to tell everyone how cool it was and about the gains I was making, and to hear about the gains others are making.

That's long since gone. I'm there to get my shit done to upkeep my body, then get back to my work or other hobbies etc. It's to the point that I actually dislike talking about fitness with 99% of people irl. The only real exception is my best friend who got me into lifting back in 2012, and my girlfriend who I recently convinced to start coming with me to the gym. Granted she just does cardio and core exercises while I lift, but it's a start.

tl;dr: your perspective of the gym will change over the years. Your lasting friends will be friends who you make elsewhere. If they happen to lift, great. But dont seek relationships with others based purely on the fact you both hit the gym.
>>
I found the front-desk-guys reddit account and it turns out he also really doesn't like Muslims. I'm pretty sure I can use this to befriend him but I don't know how?
>>
>>40208636
Even though girls use leggings mostly for the comfort, they assume men in the gym will be staring at their ass.

So, when you hit on them, they think you were staring at their asses before that, which makes you look like a creep.
>>
>>40207991
They know what you want and are waiting for your lead, you little skank!
>>
>>40208834
>The key I think is to be known as that guy who is friendly with everyone, so that when you do start hitting on some girl it doesn't seem so out of place.

Maybe we can make it!
>>
>>40209359
make a comment about how much you love trump and go from there
>>
>>40204393
holly shit
>>
>>40204393
is this a 10/10? im thinking it might be
>>
File: 3448902b.jpg (27KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
3448902b.jpg
27KB, 620x388px
>>40204393
>>40208688
>Either when changing or in the shower approach a guy and talk to him about his workout, life, etc.
this is the correct answer anon
>>
>>40204393
Who is that?
>>
>>40204393
> Friends
1.) Ask for a spot/work in
2.) Make light convo:
2.1.) Ask about what supplements he's taking, if any.
2.2.) Bitch about how difficult it is to cut/how expensive is good dieting is
2.3.) Bitch about how you gained weight from the holidays/party
3.) Introduce yourself
4.) Keep this up for a few days, occasionally spotting and making light convo about routines
5.) Ask him out for a no-homo bro date lunch and/or vidya

DONTs
>ask a guy for a whole workout routine
>ask a guy to spot for you from halfway across the gym (might be viable if gym is small and no one else is around)
>peacock your weights! or lack of it
>ask a guy to suck your dick, especially if you're not gay

As for picking up a girl, I only did it once. Pretty much the same thing. Saw her doing a back extension on the pull down machine and was impressed by the ingenuity of it. Asked her how she came up with it and other routines, then got her number.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.