[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting strength loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0011.jpg (117KB, 487x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
117KB, 487x614px
Hi /fit/

Last year I did a 10 week cut and lost a little over 20kg. At the start of my cut my bench max was 85kg and squat 110kg. I hadn't been going to the gym regularly in a few years so I wasn't concerned with strength loss last year.

After my cut my bench had dropped to 75kg and squat to 90kg. During the 6 last weeks of my cut I didn't go the gym, just shit ton of cardio.

After about 6 months I got my strength back to the levels of about 5 years ago (105kg bench and 140kg squat)

I'm starting my cut again in a few weeks and wondered if anyone has statistics on how much strength is lost during cutting.

For stats im 27yo, 185cm and 105kg. After my cut last year i dropped from over 120kg to 96kg.

I will be doing the Built like a badass program through my 10week cut so that after the cut there will be a 2 week max test in squat, bench, pull-up reps and push-up reps. I will post statistics here if there's interest.
>>
OP continues:

My cutting program was made for a 60kg woman trying to lose 10kg so I went a little autistic with how much I ate. My cal intake was on average 1300kcal a day and I jogged for about 4000kcal a week. I have bite for bite statistics from my diet last year but it will need some work to transfer it to electronic form.
>>
One more bump

My diet during my cut:

Breakfast: quark, berries, oats shake
Snack: quark or cottage cheese and berries
1. Meal: 100g chicken breast, 300g veggies
Snack 2: egg whites
2. Meal: 100g chicken breast, 300g veggies and 2 rye bread

Some supplements in the morning. I noticed I had to salt on a lot of stuff since there was no salt in anything otherwise. After jogs I had a protein shake and I tweaked around the recipes a lot. Instead of chicken any low fat meat, went through all kinds of veggies the local store had to offer. Made my own protein bars to save money etc.
>>
No interest atm in here, but I will post results weekly when I start my cut.
>>
>>40204130
Losing 2kilos per week is too much and not healthy
>>
>>40204583

Probably true but I hadn't gone through a cut before and decided that being strict is better than risking not being able to go through with the diet. Now almost a year later I'm glad I was able to cut as much as I did since I had gotten into quite bad shape. Losing the weight eased a lot of knee and ankle pains and I'm able to jog again. In the beginning I was only able to do 1-2km jogs and at a really slow pace. I ran my first 10k in september in 55min and actually feel great.
>>
Also my point was lose as much as possible in 10 weeks and then revert slowly into a healthier diet. I was fully aware that I couldn't continue on with that harsh a diet for longer.

As a comparison when I served my military service in 2009 i lost 2kg a week for the first 7 weeks even though I ate as much as I could, so I argue that the weight isn't the key but what you eat when you cut. Would I have led a healthier cut if I had eaten enough pizzas to only cut 1kg a week?
>>
This is really interesting but I'm way to stoned to reply..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.