[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting Cigs!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cigs.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
cigs.jpg
8KB, 276x183px
Hey anons, decided to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey! I've gone down this road twice before in my life, and always ended up cracking at 3 months.

Give me some motivating reasons to quit!

Day 1 started today :)
>>
You are too weak
>>
File: Lucifer16.jpg (631KB, 1230x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer16.jpg
631KB, 1230x1920px
>>40204083
There are not a lot of people who managed to quit smoking. Even the "quitter" will eventually go back to it. Just fuck it OP, you only got this one life to live. What are you going to do when you are stressed now? Remember how good smoking makes you feel?
>>
>>40204125
Hahahah feel you anon, however, it did feel good when my lifts were getting real strong, real fast when I stopped smoking previously.

Just looking for some support here men!
>>
I went from a pack a day for 6 years, to nothing by using a vape. I realise there's a stigma about vaping in some countries. It worked well for me. Get a kangertech subox. Buy vape liquid with medium nicotine and work your way down.
>>
>>40204318
I actually have one already haha, it's just collecting dust at the moment. I'll probably need it tonight since i'm going cold turkey.

I've been smoking a pack a day for around the same time as you. 6-10 years. i've quit cold turkey twice and lasted 3 months both times haha.
>>
>>40204083
It's been 60 days since I last smoked (did it for 2 years) and now that I see how much my lifts have improved I don't ever want to go back. To me that is enough motivation not to smoke again
>>
>>40204366
The best thing I noticed when I stopped smoking was when I squat, I wasn't as out of breath and it was a lot easier going back up!
>>
>>40204083
Cigs ain't that bad. Don't quit anon.
>>
Once you stop trying to get props and motivation when you are just starting you will succeed.

Just do it, celebrate it when you are in your deathbed and are able to remember how you powered through addiction.
>>
im at 2 weeks here

hard to be with my friends who smoke but manageable once they finish
>>
>>40204083
I quit last June and was smoking around 30 cigs a day, I quit because I moved out and couldn't afford to smoke

I live in ontario canada and a pack was 12.50$ and it was costing me almost 90$ a week to smoke
>>
>>40204083
get infected with Hepatitis A, it causes aversion to smoking for some reason
>>
>>40204547
I've stopped before. Just wanted to join hands with my anon brothers that are also on the same boat as me.

Literally broke like 16 cigarettes this morning before heading to work. Got my pack of menthol flavored toothpicks.

Getting my oral fixation from chewing toothpicks and looking like a badass!
>>
>>40204611
>I've stopped before
>stopped before
>stopped
>before

You want to feel good about what you're doing, you feel good that you managed for a while. But this is a lifetime goal, if you came back you failed. If you get people giving you little taps on the back day one, later when you want to feel good again, you will get back to the cigarettes and stop again, once again doing a huge fuss of the fact that you decided to stop.

Just stop. Tell no one. People will notice eventually, but the feeling of accomplishment should be coming from yourself, not other people.
>>
Keep going man, just think that no girl (except for another smoker) wants a guy who smokes
>>
>>40204083
>>40204690
What this anon said.

Don't tell anyone that you're doing this. Just do it.
>>
>>40204690
>>40204713
Well here's the thing. You are nobody to me. Therefore, I am not telling anyone.
>>
>>40204083
I'd recommend you quit alcohol while you,re at it. or at least, drinking to get drunk. I quit for 8 months, and a night out drinking is what pulled me back in. I'd bummed smokes when drinking a few times before that, and didn,t think it was a big deal, but upon drinking with no smokers around i just went full fiend mode and bought a pack.

Alcohol and cigs are too closely linked, so if you're a drinker, I'd definitely watch out for that,
>>
>>40204896
Thanks for the tips! Luckily, I don't drink :D
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.