[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

motivation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Alright brehs
Listen to me /fit/
My story

>Not an in shape guy.
>I've abused my body with smoke drink and shitty food.
>used to be swim captain of high school and in relatively good shape
>first year of living away from home I pile on the pounds without really realising it
>my life slowly turns a bit shittier day by day
>fail my a levels
>get in to uni
>fail my uni exams because I spend all my time eating shit, Smoking weed never leaving my room
>got depressed, wasn't exercising, looked like shit, just didn't bother getting up in the morning
>get kicked out of uni for failing exams and move back in with parents
>discover /fit/
>Read the sticky
>start to come here more and more
>start to go to the gym
>come here more and more
>absolutely loving it
>loving the fat hate
>loving the motivation
>feel a sense of community
>everytime I hear "we're all going to make it" I believe it a little bit more
>now
>still kinda fat, only been doing good this a few months
>losing weight and building muscle
>eating very healthy
>spreadsheet all my stats
>haven't felt this good in so long I can't remember
>girlfriend who stood by in through all my shit cant keep her hands off me
>the super fit dudes at the gym have started given me nods and waves
>i enjoy excercising so damn much i would probably do it even if i didnt get health benefits from it

I just found out today that ive got an unconditional offer to go ro uni to study a subject that i originally wanted to

What I'm trying to say is this guys

/fit/ has been good to me because of all the support I've felt on here. And we all have our demons to overcome. Mine was a very unhealthy relationship with food that kicked off a bad downward spiral

Yours might be the same
Or smoking
Or drugs
Or laziness
Or even stuff you can't control, like a bad schedule

We a have our setbacks. But the fact were here means that we want to be a part of a fitness community. We want to be /fit/
I can do this.You can do this

We're all gonna make it brahs
>>
File: 1466046181182.jpg (251KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
1466046181182.jpg
251KB, 640x984px
>>40202334
>>
File: 1463122111019.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463122111019.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
>>
File: Oo6zvqB.jpg (206KB, 1163x555px) Image search: [Google]
Oo6zvqB.jpg
206KB, 1163x555px
>>
File: hse5.jpg (13KB, 295x407px) Image search: [Google]
hse5.jpg
13KB, 295x407px
>>40202334
I'm in a similar situation OP. Lifting is one of those things in life that can be hard to get into, but very much worth it once you're rolling.

My only regret is that I can't fuck random women now that I'm married and have a kid. I'm livin on them mires'
>>
Sounds really similar to me actually, except it was alcohol I was abusing as well as food. Decided at the end of summer last year to get it together so have sorted drinking and eating habits, and started going to the gym a few months ago. I found it really hard and depressing at first because I was shit at everything and felt like crap after, but I am finally at the stage now where I am enjoying it and look forward to going.

Still look a bit skinnyfat, but it is progress and now part of my routine. Never understood why people would pay money to go and be miserable and out of breath every other day, but I totally get it now. /fit/ saved my life.
>>
>>40202419
>>40202499

Nice guys

I look back on how i was almost with a sense of disbelief to how switched off i was to my own body.
Fucking looking forward to earning them mires
>>
>>40202393
God Damn son, I grew chest hair just reading this poetic masterpiece, 10/10
>>
>>40202393
>going for a run in the morning in a safe, developed town and then lifting weights in a safe, clean gym is comparable to hunting animals in an untamed wilderness.
>>
What sort of shit do you guys find motivating?
>>
>>40202623
Mainly looking at where I was and where I am now. And being able to fit into a nice suit I have for the first time in years. That, coupled with feeling a lot better during the day. Brain fog is gone, I can think clearly and concentrate much better than I used to.
>>
>>40202693
I feel that. A big thing for me was being able to shop at standard stores again. Im 6'4 and when i was overweight it was very difficult to find clothes that fit and most high street shops
>>
>>40202585
You just dont get it.
>>
>>40202393
fuuuuuuuggg
a tiny bit fedora, but still this got me excited for today's workout. Thanks anon.
>>
>>40203088
Same. And I need it, it's upper body day and my upper body is absolute shit.
>tfw might hit 1pl8 bench tonight if I'm lucky but diddlylifting 3pl8 next week
>>
>>40203344
>if i'm lucky
Well do you feel fit?
>>
>>40203482
o-of course.
I just didn't think the t-rex mode memes were real
>>
cool blog post
>>
>>40203567
You were outmemed mate
Search the archive for the /fit/ secret handshake
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.