[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuine noob here: So i've been told that if i do the exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: back exercise.jpg (21KB, 718x481px) Image search: [Google]
back exercise.jpg
21KB, 718x481px
Genuine noob here:

So i've been told that if i do the exercise in pic related with full angle (the example on the right) it could seriously damage my back.
However, i've also been told that's just urban myth and the most accurate way to train that region is to make the full angle?
>>
>>40202097
You can damage yourself from any exercise if you're that big of a pussy.
>>
>>40202109
Why isn't /fit/ friendly?
>>
File: IMG_3655.jpg (12KB, 233x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3655.jpg
12KB, 233x218px
>>40202097
I never liked the way this made my back feel. Then again, back when I tried it I had a laughably weak core. Might have to give it a shot again.
>>
i do it and i had bulging disc and now i don't even feel my lower back, as opposed to when i didn't lift at all
>>
>>40202097
You dont want the spine segments to move during loaded lifts. As this cause shear force, wear and tear.and there is pretty much no benefit to hyperextend your back during movements vs keeping your spine neutral throughout the movement.
>>
File: e.png (31KB, 703x475px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
31KB, 703x475px
>>40202097
The angle represented in the pic is not the "full angle", it's just hyperextension, which does no good to your muscle development.
Instead of going straight - up like that, go down - straight instead
>pic related
>>
>>40202128
Because you're a moronic buffoon.
>>
>>40202280
Ok, thanks for the tip
>>
>>40202293
Dont mind me im just coming in with another opinion to confuse you further.

I do them between the OP image and the other image, like this:

http://www.catalystathletics.com/exercise/425/Back-Extension-Hyperextension/
>>
>>40202128
Go post a stupid question on any other board and see how anons reply.
>>
>>40202097
The ROM in your pic is fine OP as long as you load into your glutes/hammies.

>>40202280
The more limited range Anon posted is really good for targeting your erectors and lower back.

So do both?
>>
File: 1485780191592.jpg (43KB, 718x481px) Image search: [Google]
1485780191592.jpg
43KB, 718x481px
>>40202097
Welcome to /fit/!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.