[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting Before Work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1485566665986.gif (2MB, 277x342px) Image search: [Google]
1485566665986.gif
2MB, 277x342px
About to get a new job that will require me to be at the gym by about 4:45 if I want to do my routine and get to work on time.

How do you keep energy throughout the day? Do you crash from pre-workout? Do you nap at lunch? Halp.
>>
File: tfwyouseesips.jpg (45KB, 682x384px) Image search: [Google]
tfwyouseesips.jpg
45KB, 682x384px
>>40198963
Sips
>>
I sleep at a regular schedule and be 22.
>>
wtf you talking about?

I don't take preworkout, any stimulant or caffeine. I just fucking lift at 13:30 to 15:00, shower, then go to work.

all on empty stomach.

I fast 18 hours a day, so I don't need stimulants to get motivated or carbs to get energy to lift. I have laser focus since I'm not digesting food 24/7, only late at night so my test is the highest it has ever been.
>>
>>40198963
just go to sleep earlier, anon

might take a while to adjust
>>
>>40198963
>preworkout
>people actually think this does something

just wake up and go lift instead of thinking of every fucking excuse you can not to.
>>
raised heart rate will increase blood flow and make you feel awake and alert.
>>
>>40198963
i Did SS before doing a very physical demanding job. And had to bike to gymand back then bike to job and back.

Its prefectly doable. Just eat and sleep enough. The only thing else i did sometimes was to lay down during the break so my lower back would get some rest.
>>
>>40198963
If you're dedicated you'll find a way.
>lift 4:00-5:30am
>work 7:00-5:00, mechanic so pretty physical
>Muay Thai/bjj depending on day 6:00-7:30
>bed by 8:30

Sometimes I'll take a nap at lunch and I consume a probably pretty unhealthy amount of caffiene but it works for me
>>
>>40199355
t. can't deadlift 405

>>40198963
just go to bed earlier

4:45 is ridiculous though, you sure you can't lift after work?
>>
>>40203536
>sure you can't lift after work?
this 2bh. lifting in the morning sucks since only one meal tops, and you're probably skimping on it if you have to leave that early.
>>
>>40203675

Not OP. But I can't stand normies at the gym. 5:00 am or bust
>>
>>40198963
I wake up earlier before night shift, get some oats down me, gym for an hour, make bait then go work for 12 hours. Day shift I just lie in, eat, work, come home, eat, then gym. It's not hard.
>>
I did early morning workouts one summer and desu... it wasn't for me. I much prefer after work.

You gotta do what you gotta do though... i'd advise getting a blender and making a shake with protein, oats, banana, coconut fat and milk. Chug it as soon as you wake up, get your shit ready, then a strong coffee before you set off.
>>
>>40202372
badass spotted
>>
Go to bed earlier. I'm usually down around 8:30, definitely by 9. Takes some time to get used to, but you'll adjust in time
>>
Get your gym bag and work clothes ready the night before. Make a pre-made breakfast if possible, and get your shit together for a shake the night before if at all possible.

My schedule for reference
>630 Wake up, hit button on coffee machine and heat up pre cooked potatos and eggs
>Eat for 5-10 mins and blend shake
>Get to gym by 7
>Lift until 8
>Shower and change at gym
>Drink shake, half cup of coffee gets heated up at work
>At work by 845

I lift much better in the afternoons after work but my girl goes to work at 6 and I have to watch the baby so there's no time.
>>
>>40202372

If it works for you my man then all the power to you, but fucking hell 2 hours free time a day is miserable
>>
>>40198963
Anon, I work over night shift as a night stocker at a grocery store here in texas, a lot of squats a lot of walking, lifting, pulling, you name it.
We go in at 10pm, I wake up at 8:30pm for body weight work out, finish around 9:10pm get the coffee pot going, while coffee is getting ready I go take a shower, the last 5 mins using cold ass water.
Get ready, take vitamins, prepare coffee, and Go!
It never fails, I feel great all the time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.