[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freshman looking for food gainz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_FFhTi66J.jpg (87KB, 526x438px) Image search: [Google]
4L_FFhTi66J.jpg
87KB, 526x438px
I'm a freshman in college, and am having trouble hitting the 3500 calorie a day goal I set for myself. I can only eat at the cafeteria. What are some tips to increase my calorie intake in terms of what foods to eat

Inb4 eat more
I'm going to do that too
>>
Milk
>>
A tall glass of milk and a heaping spoonful of Nutella/Peanut Butter adds about 400 calories. Easy to eat before bed.

Drink milk instead of water with meals.

Snack on trail mix between classes.

Getting some extra calories from junk food is fine as long as the rest of your diet is clean
>>
>>40198760
Also 3500 calories is a lot, are you already like 175 pounds?
>>
>>40198612
Same situation, anon. Some days it's just not possible. I drink milk but I'm lactose intolerant and it gets miserable sometimes. If you have any money at all buy some nuts and peanut butter. Easy to snack on in your room to help add some calories
>>
>>40198612
>I can only eat at the cafeteria
Why?

Also, try those Ensure high calorie "smoothies" that they give to old people who don't eat enough. They come in little cartons like a juice box and each one is 500 calories. If you drink one a day, that's an easy 500 that you don't have to worry about.

Other than that, sometimes you're just going to have to increase your portion size.
>>
Take hand food, shove it into a backpack when you're at your table. Bagels, oats packets, fruits, whatever they've got.
>>
>>40198771
>3500 calories
>a lot
My maintenance is 3600 cals/day bruh

>>40198612
>has access to an unlimited amount of food
>complains

I go to school in the south, and my campus food was literal grey goo garbage, but you can still eat as much as you want, you just have to do it. Eat a lot of eggs, a lot of peanut butter, and as much meat as you can shove down your throat while minimizing fats and grease.
>>
>>40198778
probably because mommy paid for the food plan and he has no extra money so he has to use his chicken tendie tickets or else its a wate
>>
Third year college fag here
>rice/potatoes/grains
>eggs
>milk
>peanut butter
These are my staples and what most of my food is made of. For meat, everyone here has a hard on for cheap chicken but personally I don't think anyone should eat chicken breast that's $2.99/lbs. I get pork, since that tends to be cheap as well and it tastes better. Also learning to cook will go a long ways, I learned how to cook by working in a restaurant, which I think is a great job for a student. You earn money, you learn to cook, you get to eat good food and you get useful job experience. My last piece of advice is to find the cheapest grocery store to shop at, where you shop makes at huge difference in how much you spend
>>
File: Screenshot_20170119-070548.png (198KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170119-070548.png
198KB, 1080x1920px
>>40198612
I'm gonna make a video on it sometime soon, but here's two of my meals and the prices.
>>
>>40198612
>I can only eat at the cafeteria
Wrong.

I lived without refrigeration for a few months. It's basically camping time for you but indoors. Learn how to bake bread like English muffins on a cheap portable hotplate.

Eggs can be stored at room temp and boiled in an electric kettle.

You can also make dehydrated meats in a makeshift dehydrator + salt and spices.. and sell it to your /fit/ classmates.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.