[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop parroting this "Bulking" nonsense.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: the real OG.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
the real OG.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEq8gSg9P-Q
>>
>>40197724
citation needed.

cortisol is a meme
>>
>>40197777
Here's your citation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Poliquin
>>
>>40197724
Fuuuuark I'd completely forgotten Poliquin. Cheers for reminder anon, will remind myself what I've forgotten over the years.
>>
>>40200000
Based
>>40199999
>>
>>40200000
fugg

>>40197777
FUGG
>>
>>40197724
For beginners who are underweight and doing a strength program, bulking makes sense. Obviously there's right and wrong ways to bulk. No one on here is telling you to go to McDonald's 5 times a day for fuck's sake.
>>
>>40200071
Their saying to do GOMAD and any calorie is a good calorie.
>>
>>40197724
Bulking/cutting doesn't mean anything but you can just eat whatever you want and take steroids like this fag and outperform all natties no matter what they do.
>>
>>40200000
Oh, didn't even notice, I'm a god apparently. Praise kek etc etc, whatever the fuck else I'm supposed to do

>>40200071
Did you even watch it? He is challenging the traditional idea of bulking as 'gain weight as fast as possible'. As a beginner the goal is never 'become a fat cunt', it's usually look good, get strong, get muscles etc. He is saying you achieve this most effectively by absolutely NOT doing a bulk in the traditional sense of eat everything. Not only do you gain fat which you don't want, you increase health risks, slow your rate of muscle gain due to hormonal balances/responses in the body being inhibited by excessive fat etc.
>>
>>40200156
I don't think any sensible person advocates eating whatever you want during a bulk, everyone says track your calories and eat at a slight surplus to minimize fat gain. I think the problem here is he just defines "bulk" as eat whatever you want instead of eating at a surplus, and like everything done to the extreme it tends to be bad.
>>
>>40200181
>any sensible person
I agree, however the number of people I see at my gym who are clearly not sensible in their approach makes me tend to agree with the video that it needs to be clearly stated shoveling shit down your gullet 24/7 is a piss poor idea.
>>
>>40200200
But most people have no clue what they're doing, and this applies to practically everything. Just because they do it wrong doesn't mean the system is flawed.
Poliquin has a bunch of really brosciencey opinions on things that have been straight up disproved by research, but he has a lot of athletes winning shit, so clearly something he's doing is working(this thinking might be a fallcy though).
>>
>>40200119
I've never seen anyone on fit seriously suggest ingesting gasoline would improve fitness so no they're not suggesting any calorie is a good calorie, you piece of shit wannabe faggot failed trap homosexual fuckstain.

>>40200156
yeah I watched it bruh, and that's all well and good, but talk is cheap. we could sit around for hours and talk about theories and what we think to be true, while the general consensus on /fit/ is based on what we have all lived and experienced ourselves and watched others experience. and that experience tells us, for optimal strength and muscle gains, a caloric surplus of at least 500 calories should be adhered to.

By all means if you think you have found a way to linearly progress all the way from 45lb bench to 225lb bench as a beginner while eating 2,500 calories a day, then please fucking be my guest and eat whatever the fuck fairy salads you want and talk about your health theories all day. for those of us in the real world, we know more calories=more gains up to a reasonable threshold of course you turbo autist.

>t. turbo autist
>>
>>40200315
>I've never seen anyone on fit seriously suggest ingesting gasoline would improve fitness so no they're not suggesting any calorie is a good calorie, you piece of shit wannabe faggot failed trap homosexual fuckstain.

Are you fucking retarded?
No seriously.
Are litterally so fucking retarded that you would do this level of stupid fucking shit to not look like a goddamned goon?

By the way, the 500 calorie thing?Bullshit.
Natural who actually know what the fuck their talking about says it can be 250ish calories.
>>
>>40200401
Can't even comprehend the point of what you typed here.

>Natural who actually know what the fuck their talking about says it can be 250ish calories
what does that mean? a natural lifter you know says a 250 calorie surplus is adequate? sure it's adequate. let me know how far your linearly progress with +250 as a beginner, which you obviously are.
>>
>>40197724
>defines bulking as stuffing your fat face and eating as much as you can
>lol its not optimal
Yeah no shit. Clickbait.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.