[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying while working out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 9-18-sneak-in-a-workout-copy.jpg (2MB, 1275x1275px) Image search: [Google]
9-18-sneak-in-a-workout-copy.jpg
2MB, 1275x1275px
Do any of you anons try this? I tried listening to my teacher's microbiology lectures while I was walking on the treadmill but she was pretty shitty, so I had to watch YouTube videos for other teacher's lectures. I'm in anatomy now, but this is my second time doing the class. I did the course last time 3 years ago, and I remember a lot, but in my path to becoming fit, I didn't give a shit about studying that much for the class. Now that I really need to pass (with an A or B), and the fact that I've become pretty out of shape and my blood sugar is over than 100 on some days, I need to actually get in shape. Any tips or suggestions for studying while exercising? How do you guys balance limited amounts of time and exercise?
>>
Personally I don't think I could ever make that work. Exercise takes a certain level of concentration and so does studying.
>>
>>40196195
If you are "studying" and exercising you arent focusing on one of them enough to make it matter.

Multitask exercising doesnt exist.
>>
>>40196220
this desu senpai
>source: personal experience
>>
>>40196195
Horrible idea imo. Men's brain is not designed for multitasking
I have to focus 100% on one thing or the other at a time
>>
>>40196195
Does not work for me.Only thing exercise related I can do while studying is practicing correct posture and that's it.
>>
Unless you're doing your kinesiology homework, no.
>>
>>40196195
do hiit for 20 minutes a day and spend rest of the time studying
>>
Even if you retain a little of the information while you on a treadmill or stationary bike then it is better than nothing.
If you even needed to you could just walk on the treadmill, anyone telling you that you can't focus on a lecture while walking on a treadmill is a fucking moron.
People are bad at multitasking mental events, if you are doing something that is very simple muscle memory like walk then it is fine. You wouldn't be able to get away with studying while maxing out on deadlift though.
>>
I can listen to audiobooks or relevant podcasts while running but that's as much as I'll mix it.

The best thing is to just get your shit together and schedule your time appropriately. Every week figure out your hours put to homework and studying and you'll find that you can fit working out in between. When studying for exams spend a third of the time simply reading your texts and notes focusing on understanding, a third looking over example problems, and a third practicing examples. So for example a huge final might take 15 hrs so 3 sets of 5 hrs to study, a small quiz might take 1 hr so 3 sets of 20 min.

There's some good science behind exercise helping mental gains and memory. So don't think of it as one or the other.
>>
>>40196195
I used to stretch while studying, but I could never work out while studying.

I can't focus enough on anything else while working out.
>>
>>40196195
Im one of those strange people who go to the gym, finish my sets, and then pull out my organic chemistry textbook and read it while walking at a brisk pace on the treadmill.

It helps me focus. It really does. Somehow Im able to retain the material much better than when I read it stationary.

I was always at the board when nobody else wants to because the professor doesnt want me doing everything. Also my handwriting is shit.

People ask me how I study and I always say "At the gym".

Got me an A+ in Linear Algebra as well.

Doesnt work so great with ebooks, mostly since Im afraid Ill drop a plate on my netbook or some nog will run off with it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g

Watch this exercise boosts your brain power.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.