[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intermittent Fasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1478050449033.jpg (11KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
1478050449033.jpg
11KB, 250x221px
So /fit/, do you do intermittent fasting? How has it worked for you?
>>
I cut from 250 to 163 in a little bit over a year. When I started IF it was the first time I actually saw results from doing something as simple as changing the time of day that I would eat. The weight loss from not being able to stuff my fat ass with so much food made me more motivated to do research and start going to the gym.

I still do IF, but a less extreme meal window. Instead of the Warrior Diet styled 23 and 1, I do more like an 18 and 6, or 20 and 4.

Overall, 10/10 changed my life. I wouldn't recommend for a small handful of people, but chances are if you can't commit to it you are just short sighted and weak willed.
>>
The only real benefit I see to fasting in any capacity is immune health
>>
>>40192697
i eat once every 24 hours
since last sunday i've lost ten pounds

the cravings are annoying but manageable
>>
>>40192863
Nice. I went from 216-lbs to 143-lbs (5' 11") over the past year and a half just doing low calorie for the first part, but using IF more recently has been a great tool. I feel like my metabolism was really slowing down from all the calorie restriction. IF combined with a higher fat diet and less sugar and carbs seems to allow me to eat more calories when I do eat.

I'm like you and was doing Warrior for a while but now just eat a late lunch and normal time dinner. Ranges from 15 to 20 hour fasts. Sometimes weekends I have breakfast with my dad so I'll have eggs to keep my insulin from spiking.

>>40192878
Once thing I've learned with fasting is that hunger comes in waves. Once you realize that, the hunger pangs are much more manageable.
>>
>>40192909
when i get really hungry i just start chugging down ice cold distilled water and put on a show or play a game. sitting there fighting with your cravings while you're bored is probably the worst way to manage it. im 6'0 and 190lbs and want to be around your weight eventually
>>
File: cara-pandas.jpg (63KB, 500x503px)
cara-pandas.jpg
63KB, 500x503px
One of my favorite things about IF is the extra time I get. At the least I skip breakfast, which is pretty quick for most anyways, but skipping lunch is like getting an extra hour of my life back. Saves me a lot of money too since dinner I normally eat at home, versus lunch a lot of times is out during the workweek.
>>
>>40192697

Couldn't tell you yet but I started IF a week ago. Looking to IF for my whole cut (~3 months) and see how it goes.

What I can tell you is that it seems to be a perfect fit. I have always forced myself to eat eggs/oats etc. in the mornings for god knows what reason.

>wake up at 8
>go to uni
>eat lunch 12-13
>go home
>do shit
>eat banana or not (depends if still full)
>train
>eat again ~7-9pm

It's amazing because I'm feeling full throughout the whole day because the meals I have are massive and I fucking love eating massive meals because I can basically fit whatever I want and still be at a caloric deficit.

You get to eat less often but you get to eat way better which is only a good thing for me. If you are a heavy snacker it's probably not for you.
>>
I've been fasting with varying protocols for a while.

Yesterday I decided to go a bit more extreme and combine alternate day fasting with the warrior diet. Meaning I'll train fasted, eat ~3000 calories, then eat nothing until after I train again 48 hours later.

Looking forward to seeing the fat melt off tbhfam
>>
File: 1448370004627.jpg (27KB, 542x650px)
1448370004627.jpg
27KB, 542x650px
You guys keeping it high fat / low carb too? I ate 3oz of cheese yesterday in total and I have to say it was a mental block for me.
>>
do you guys start your fast window before or after your workout?
>>
>>40193187
>it was a mental block for me

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>40193189
I fast until my PM workout, then eat after.
>>
>>40193199
I mean I just was so used to avoiding cheese because of the calories and bad things said about diary. Eating 3oz was tasty but also a bit scary.
>>
>>40193210
Oh. Yeah I think everyone experiences that. Just keep going. I usually eat 200g of cheese every day.
>>
>>40193248
You can eat more fat without gaining weight since it doesn't trigger insulin, right? I'm still keeping within my calories anyways, but, I never understood the people who say you can eat more too.
>>
>>40193349
No. If you drink a gallon of oil, you'll gain weight.
>>
>>40193378
Yeah I think they meant if you eat like 2,000 calories on HFLC you might only be able to eat 1,700 calories on high carb diets. Doesn't make much sense to me though. Something about how fat storage is accessed when insulin is lower.
>>
>>40192697
It's easier than frying leftover rice and chicken in the morning.
>>
>>40193736
Yeah I don't miss preparing tons of meals
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.