[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 58

File: 1445823941733.png (239KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445823941733.png
239KB, 800x600px
New one up, boyos
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-28+at+05.48.27).png (38KB, 809x568px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-28+at+05.48.27).png
38KB, 809x568px
Plugged my stats into a TDEE calc and this is the info I got.

Does this seem like a good idea for cutting fat? I've lost 70lbs so far and I'm just trying to get out of chubby mode now. 2.2k cals just seems like a lot.

I put "moderate exercise" since I try to do cardio 3-4 times a week and I've been taking some intro to weight lifting (also yoga) courses at my uni to learn and get help with form and become familiar with different lifts, so I'll start incorporating them more.

I figure WHAT I'm eating means a lot more than how much and I've been reshaping my diet around the classic rice+chicken+green veggie and a lot of water. In the past I've binge ate a lot due to cravings and I really need to stop that.
>>
How do I get my hands on test/tren?

I live in Denmark and I dont know any local suppliers and all online suppliers I can find, dont ship to Denmark for some reason.
>>
Best exercise to grow the lateral delt?
>>
>>40186005
>2.2k cals just seems like a lot.
If you're tall and/or very fat, it's usually fine. Now that number may also be a little high in order to prevent too much muscle loss from those who have spent time bulking. If you don't have much muscle to you (it sounds like you don't since you're not on a regular strength training regimen), then it would be fine to go a little lower if you're comfortable.

>I figure WHAT I'm eating means a lot more than how much
Yes and no. What you're eating can help you hit your calorie deficits easier by keeping you fuller-feeling on fewer calories, and it may also help you have more consistent energy if you've been eating garbage for awhile.

That being said, however, you can still eat too much of healthy food and no longer be hitting your deficit goals. It may be more difficult to do, but it's still very much possible, so you need to monitor the amounts of the foods as well.
>>
If a girl takes almost an hour to check your message after starting a conversation with you, even though she's active on facebook, should you just stop talking to her? Why start a conversation if you're just gonna take fucking forever to reply?
>>
>>40186120
stop being autistic

>>40186063
OHP/lateral raises
>>
>>40186120
If that agitates you that much, she may not be for you.
>>
>>40186083
Right now I'm 5'11 and 172lbs. Manlet meme aside is this considered "tall"? I think I have around 20% BF from previous /fit/ guesses.

Would 1,800 calories be way too low?

In my classes I've been able to comfortably do deadlifts 2sets of 10 at 100lbs if that means anything, but I'm still learning.

The actual final of the class is to write and perform your own routine so I'm planning once I get to that point I can start a true solo regimen.
>>
>>40186164
I'm basically your height and weight, currently eating at 1400 with a refeed every two weeks and a cheat day every two months. Working wonders for me.
>>
>>40186164

If you don't turn in SS as a routine you're never gonna make it
>>
File: kk.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
how much weight should you usually try to gain in a bulk and how much should you try to lose in a cut??
>>
File: 1411380807887-fit.jpg (229KB, 705x848px) Image search: [Google]
1411380807887-fit.jpg
229KB, 705x848px
I do a lot of walking every day and rely on it as my main source of exercise. According to a few online calculators walking 5km (3.1m) in 60 minutes on an even surface will burn anywhere from 280-360 calories. I walk 15km most days, so that would mean 840-1080 calories burnt.

Does that seem accurate? Someone before told me there's noway that is true. Is there a more accurate way to calculate how many calories are burnt walking?
>>
File: LxaoELO.png (945KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
LxaoELO.png
945KB, 750x1334px
Reposting my injured knuckle question for new visibility

>I caught the bar weird in unracking and moving back on the platform, and it hurt the index knuckle on my left hand. On the palm side its a little red with some blue developing, and the back side has turned a little blue. The first joint is also a little swollen and it's starting to hurt around the second joint when I move it a little. It's not a bad pain, but I don't want to make it worse.

>Anyone ever get this? How long did it take before you could lift again?
>>
5x5 vs 3x5 for Squats?
>>
File: cheaper.png (862KB, 891x797px) Image search: [Google]
cheaper.png
862KB, 891x797px
>>40185895
I have a tub of Gold Standard Casein powder i've been using. I thought Casein was a better choice because i work 8+ hours straight and can't eat during that time most days.

Should i get some regular whey as well?

I'm in an Asian country, so prices on powder are higher here

And should i spend
$47 on the cheapest 3kg tub i can get,
$56 on a 3kg local brand tub that looks slightly better
$69 on a 2.27kg tub of ON gold standard whey

like, is it worth spending that extra?

Pic related, the cheapest on the left and 2nd cheapest on the right
>>
File: 1466083189466.jpg (51KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
1466083189466.jpg
51KB, 466x466px
What should I rate my activity level on myFitnessPal if I'm an office bitch who exercises daily?
>>
How to increase pullups?
I can do two at a time. Currently just going on through the day doing em for a total of 20-25
Is this a meme progression?
>>
>>40186177
What is your strategy for your refeed days?
>>
Any studies on intermittent fasting regarding loose skin?

I really want to avoid loose skin, but I love intermittent fasting for keeping my energy up.
>>
>>40186005
It's fine to start with. The important thing is REAL WORLD RESULTS. If you aren't getting the results you want after a couple weeks, then tweak your intake. 2.2k for an adult male that works out should be a decent deficit.

>>40186063
Lateral raises.

>>40186164
5' 11" is slightly above average, but does not stand out in any way. Short women will think of you as "tall", but that's because womanlets can't tell the difference between 5' 10" and 6' 2". Put your stats in a TDEE calculator, do a 500 cal deficit.

>>40186205
Until you're in range of your natural limit on FFMI, then try to get leaner. There are no numerical answers to this question. You should not be doing countless bulk/cut cycles unless you compete in a weight class sport.

>>40186210
It's generally around 100 kcal per mile. That's probably close.

>>40186211
How about you post your knuckle instead of your autistic face?

>>40186217
For what? What's your program? What do you even mean by this question?
>>
>>40186244
Moderate, unless "exercises daily" means putting in 60 miles a week.

>>40186252
Train pull-ups 3 days a week. Aim for 100 total per week. Add 5-10 per week. You get good at pull-ups by doing a fuck load of pull-ups.
>>
>>40186289
>>>40186217 (You)
>For what? What's your program? What do you even mean by this question?

Looking for strength gains mostly. I'm unsure if I should be doing 5x5, 5x3, or 3x3, or 3x5 for squats. I can do more weight for 3 reps than I can 5, but i also can do slightly more weight while doing 3 sets.

Just wondering if there's any negatives to doing 3 sets instead of 5.
>>
>>40186289
>How about you post your knuckle
My camera isn't picking up the coloring very well. The color isn't that dramatic, so it's nothing severe. I just know it's probably going to force me to take a little time off and was wondering if someone had a similar injury
>>
Will I get better results from benching 5x5 with less weight or 3x6 with more weight, assuming I get close to failure by the end of both? Gymbro says 5x5 is definitely better but I'm pretty sure they're about the same
>>
>>40186244
Sedentary + move up one activity level for every 3 hours of *cardio* done in a week
>>40186210
Do you walk 15 km in 3h? If you maintain the speed it might be possible. Your best bet to see if you're estimating accurately is to weigh in for a month post poop in the morning without having any food or water and monitoring your calories. Your weight should show an overall trend through the day.
>>40186217
Depends on goals. I'd say switch it up monthly.
>>40186235
Try myprotien
>>
>>40186339
less weight, more reps for a week, then increase the weight and lower the reps the following week, rinse repeat. bullshit I just made up but I believe it.
>>
I want to work some ab exercises into my sl5x5 routine. Would it be alright to do them before I start lifting or should I save them for my offdays?
>>
>>40186310
Alrighty thanks
>>40186320
My goal is doing 8 pullups in one set.
Currently I can do only 2 pullups in one set.
My current routine is doing a total of 20-25 in a day at random intervals by breaking them in sets of two (>>and the half rep of the third).
Does tgis sound like a good program?
>>
>>40186371
Do them at the end of your workout. Itll be way harder to keep good form on exercises that involve core strength if your core is already burnt out
>>
It's late and my muscles feel kind of rubbery/weak but I haven't lifted in 2 days -- should I work out tonight or tomorrow?
>>
>>40186371
I'd do them after the workout. Don't want your abs to tire out in between a set of squats, deadlifts or phone
>>
when do you know you're fully recovered from a muscle strain?
>>
good way to avoid feeling hungry on a cut?
>>
>>40186429
Eat yo damn veggies.
Half a kilo of cauliflower comes out to 100 cal
>>
What's with these guys who always wear a towel in the locker room? Like they strip down to their underpants, put on a towel, take off their underpants under the towel, put on a bathing suit under the fucking towel, then take off the towel.

It seems like this is 10% of people these days, what's going on?
>>
File: cheaper.png (944KB, 1508x1328px) Image search: [Google]
cheaper.png
944KB, 1508x1328px
did some calculations

my god ON is overpriced

So should i go for the Protein Plus Gold or the Viking Muscle? I mean even if they are "lower quality protein" or some other marketing meme I could just take twice as much for the price difference
>>
>>40186255
sorry about late reply, I eat 20% more than my maintenance with a focus on carbs (IE, eat normal amount of protein and fat and put all extra calories into carbs). I try not to eat more than 100g of sugar on these days as well.
>>
>>40186510
get elevation protein powder if you live near an Aldi. Its way cheaper and just as good
>>
If I eat weetbix instead of oats daily, is there going to be a problem?

I get up pretty late some days and oats I find tend to take a lot longer to get through a cup of oats than I would the equivalent in weetbix, and in general weetbix are easier to prepare. I just whack a bit of honey on top with full cream (lactose free) milk and I'm good to go, I also enjoy the taste of weetbix a lot more.
>>
>>40186553
awesome thanks for the info. Once I start getting my normal diet in control I'll look into this.
>>
>>40186658
it really helps with higher deficits, before I would do a cheat day every month and that ended up hurting me a whole lot more since the time between was so long.
>>
>>40186320
Generally speaking, more volume will make you stronger. Though if you are a beginner and actually try hard, you can ride 3x5 all the way to 3 plate.

>>40186339
Probably 5x5. Significantly more volume at a slightly less intensity.

>>40186371
Again, do it at the end of your workout. Weighted planks, ab wheel, Russian twists.

>>40186381
It's not a program unless it has progression. Figure out a way to do more over time. I recommend my 20 minute routine, 2-3x per week. The way it works is to do 1 pull-up a minute for 20 minutes. This gives you 20 pull-ups total. The next time, try 2 pull-ups for the first three sets, then just 1 for the remaining 17. This will give you 23 total reps. The time after, do 2 pull-ups for the first 6 sets, then 1 for the remaining 14, resulting in 26 total reps. This method allows you to get a lot of volume in a short period of time. I used to get to 20 pull-ups in a single set. By that point, I was doing 115 total pull-ups in my 20 minute workout.

>>40186399
Go lift. You'll feel better. Unless you feel like absolute garbage, then go tomorrow. But don't make a habit of postponing your workouts. That's a faggot thing to do that will get you nowhere.

>>40186408
When you can utilize the muscle in light resistance training without pain. Strain a bicep? No upper body pulling for a week or two. But do some weightless curls with your arm to work it though full ROM during that time. Is the pain gone? Try some really light weight curls, like 5-10 lbs for higher reps. Try 15-20 lbs the next time. Then 25-30 after that. Just play it by ear. Let pain be your guide.

>>40186429
Veggies and water. Keep some 12 oz bags of frozen low carb veggies in your freezer. Steam those bitches up if you get hungry.

>>40186488
Autism, anon.

>>40186510
Look them up on labdoor and other independent labs to make sure they aren't amino spiked, sugar filled, heavy metal laced meme powders. Can you get myprotein?
>>
>>40186681
Strained a hamstring, I've rested and today I did some light stretching and strengthening exercises.I feel no pain but the muscle feels a bit weak and tired.
>>
File: 1.jpg (35KB, 550x392px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35KB, 550x392px
Opinions on Alan Thrall's bulking diet, and 5k bulking diets in general? Been dyel for a year and am very desperate for gains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJio0lPysF8
>>
>>40186652
No individual food you eat throughout the day is going to make or break you. It doesn't have as good macros or micros as oatmeal, but what matters if you're hitting your goals anyhow.
>>
>>40186681
>Autism, anon.
What does autism have to do with people seeing your dick?
>>
>>40186681
>Can you get myprotein?
it costs almost as much as ON here.
>>
>>40186736
They have sales of 20-40% off all the time. I usually wait for 40% off then get 22 lbs.
>>
Anyone have any experience with the prohormone Hexadrone? Thinking of picking some up.
>>
File: aids.jpg (540KB, 1642x1095px) Image search: [Google]
aids.jpg
540KB, 1642x1095px
>>40186752
well i ordered the cheapest one

if i die, remember never to buy from Health Village
>>
>>40186771
jesus fucking christ, clean your kitchen, I can see the food scraps on the floor.
>>
How much does getting a cold affect gains?
>>
>>40187089
mildly. You'll be in bed for a few days at-most and probably lose a bit of weight. The flu on the other hand will fuck you up.
>>
What's the best belt for weighted dips/pull ups?
>>
File: dont-break-the-chain-article[1].jpg (51KB, 904x287px) Image search: [Google]
dont-break-the-chain-article[1].jpg
51KB, 904x287px
>>40186681
>But don't make a habit of postponing your workouts. That's a faggot thing to do that will get you nowhere.
Thanks, I went for it just for this reason.
>>
>>40187108
Any cheap dip belt will do. I have the leather Harbinger from Amazon. Done thousands of reps with it, up to 120 lbs, no problem.

>>40187143
Good job anon.
>>
Is it a sin to OHP on a squat rack/power box? What about barbell shrugs? (My gym has 2 racks and 2 boxes so its usually not hard to find an empty one)
>>
How retarded would I be for doing some assistance exercises after cardio?

I was thinking I'd do farmer's walks with a couple of plates around the track after i get my running in
>>
Here are my current maxes, am I making it? (5'11'', 183)
Squat- 275x5
Power Clean-205x5
Bench-170x5
Box Squat-470x5
Vertical-31"
>>
>>40187386
You generally don't want to do weights after cardio. Your body is tired and your performance will be worse than if you did it before.

>>40187249
OHP I don't see an issue with, as that weight can be difficult to pick up between sets. Shrugs however can be done outside a cage.
>>
File: 5055715457_bcd9afa0ea_b.jpg (584KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
5055715457_bcd9afa0ea_b.jpg
584KB, 1024x736px
>>40187485
yes
do more next time
>>
I'm a student on a budget and can't afford protien powder.
Is there any way to make Greek yogurt portable?
Maybe a recipe that involves baking it with oat flour that isn't too unhealthy?
>>
When should I switch to the Texas Method of of SL? I think the volume's getting to be a bit much for my manlet ass
>>
how do i feel my chest being targeted when i'm benching?

Also, can i do 5x5 for strength for only one exercise on a particular muscle, then on other exercises of the same muscle do high rep sets so i can both get stronger and bigger?
>>
>>40187570
buy protein faggot, or eat tuna cans but no more than 4 a week, stuff gives you mercury poison.
>>
3x5 or 5x5?
or fuck it and do 4x8-12
>>
>>40187590
off of*
>>
Should I get a 4ft or 7ft barbell?
>>
I'm doing a 6 day PPL, what days should I add ab exercises?

Also I live in a city and have a job where I'm on my feet the entire time, would it be stupid to try and add some HIIT to my week? At work I'm active the entire time but it's not high intensity.
>>
Skinnyfat here, should I focus on cutting, lifting or both?
I've lost 3kg this month doing cardio and eating less but will lifting help me to lose more body fat? I think last year I looked more fat because of lifting
>>
>>40187890
Both, read the fucking sticky
>>
how do I ask a grill out who is always with her group of friends and who I havent ever spoken to one on one?
She is shy and a 6/10 at best
>>
>>40187842
Add hanging leg raises to decompress the spine from squats and deadlifts and hypertrophy the deep abs. Plus it will fight anterior pelic tilt.
>>40187485
By not mentioning weighted dead hang pull ups, BB row dumbell press, and Strict standing curl maxes I imagine your physique is lacking.
>>40187570
Blend greek yogurt with strawberry and bannana and ice
>>
>>40185895
How do I make my neck wider? It looks like a fucking twig right now
Just started lifting 3 months ago, not doing deadlifts or squats yet
>>
These threads are great. Thank you.

What's the functional difference between one handed dumbbell rows and bent over barbell rows? Does it matter if I do one over the other? It feels like I can lift more in dumbbells than on a bar
>>
>>40187249
It's fine. Especially if nobody needs to use it. I do fucking curls in the rack if there are plenty open. It's only a problem if you're keeping somebody that needs to bench or squat from using the rack.

>>40187386
Just do your assistance work after your compounds.

>>40187485
Getting there. Do upper body pulling if you're not already.

>>40187570
Buy myprotein powder when it's on sale. It's much cheaper than Greek yogurt. Whey is literally among the cheapest sources of protein. Whey is not expensive. The only things that are cheaper is shit like bulk chicken breasts that are on sale.

>>40187590
You switch when your program doesn't work anymore, despite adequate nutrition, rest, and adherence to the program. Not arbitrary periods of time or weights lifted. Stop using the program when it isn't working.

>>40187591
You don't need to "feel" it. If you're bench pressing, you're using your chest. You may have bad form though. Yes, people typically do heavy compound barbell movements then lighter assistance movements for more volume.

>>40187617
For what purpose? What program are you on?

>>40187677
Get a 7 ft, 45 lb, Olympic barbell. What is your budget, and what are you planning to do with it?

>>40187842
I do it on L.

>>40187890
Do both. Beginner lifters can increase their lean body mass while losing weight. This is what you want to do.

>>40188006
Look up neck bridges. Do DLs and shrugs.

>>40188010
Dumbbell rows are easier on the back and hamstrings, because of bench support. You can get a little more ROM because the bar doesn't hit your chest. It's easier to push yourself and get more reps without risking your back. BB rows are great for helping build spinal erectors. Doesn't really matter which you do for general strength training purposes. Just do one and get good at it.
>>
I don't have access to a full gym.
Does pull-ups, skull crushers, L-sits, Step-ups, diamond push ups, and rows seem like a decent enough beginner full body routine?
>>
>>40188143
No. The largest and most powerful muscles of your body are your quads, hamstrings, and glutes. Your spinal erectors are very important too. What you've listed is like a 35% body routine. You're neglecting the majority of your skeletal muscle. No, step-ups do not count. Just go to a real gym. There are loads of $10 a month options now.
>>
>>40188189
There aren't affordable gyms near me. I ripped the routine almost directly off a bodyweight fitness website. Are there any feasible changes that can be made to make it more manageable?
>>
>>40188219
You can add things like pistol squats, jump variations, do some goblet squats with something heavy.

Just realize that this is not a replacement for real strength training. If you want to be big and strong, you need to lift. This will make you better looking and slightly stronger, but bodyweight routines have severe limitations in terms of strength and hypertrophy. Where do you live?
>>
>>40188237
Small town in the south. Closest Planet Fitness is two hours away, and the Anytime Fitness near by is the cheapest and still out of my community college pay grade. Its unfortunate, but I do what I can
>>
>>40188243
I should add that the mostly bodyweight plan is just until I find a higher paying job. At which point, yeah I'll go to that Anytime
>>
>>40188243
That's too bad. Are there any community fitness centers or anything like that? No college gym? Sometimes hospitals have gyms that the public can pay a small fee to use. You may be able to scavenge a shitty weight set from craigslist (I'm also from a small town in the South, I know that sort of stuff doesn't come up often on craigslist, but you might get lucky).
>>
File: 1409760328708.png (154KB, 524x685px) Image search: [Google]
1409760328708.png
154KB, 524x685px
>>40188243
ok heres what you can do-

Buy dumbbells that are about right at your 8 rep Overhead press max.

Do 6 OHP, 6 squats, 6 deadlifts, and 6 rows. then repeat a min later but with 5 reps, then repeat min later but with 4, etc etc.

Good cardio+full body compound workout. only needs dumbbells.
>>
If I'm working a labouring job and spend all day standing up and carrying stuff, do I really need to warm up if I go to the gym straight after work? It's not like I've been sitting on my ass all day doing nothing.
>>
>>40188295
What do you mean by warm up? You mean light cardio? Or doing lighter sets of whatever movement you're training? If the former, then no. If the latter, then yes. Warm up sets serve the purpose of additional reps to further ingrain the movement pattern and make you more efficient and stronger at it. They get you primed and ready to recruit all those motor units. Warm up sets make you perform better if done correctly.
>>
File: kb.jpg (40KB, 399x389px) Image search: [Google]
kb.jpg
40KB, 399x389px
>>40185895
I'm poor and I just bought a kettlebell (30 lb / 13.6 kg). Will I get in shape if I do a routine with it?

I'm not lookig to get pumped and a six pack... I just want to loose 15 lbs and be more healthier.
>>
>>40186164
i'm 5'10 172, and pretty skinny but muscular. Are you not slim enough to just start lifting and bulking?
>>
>>40187917
smile at her (not autistically) and see if she leaves her friends to talk to you. She probably won't. Then just find a reason to talk to the group and get her number somehow. From there, text her, and if she's responsive, ask her out.
>>
>Hyuge chest

What happens once I reduce bodyfat? Will I always just have that little bit of stomach?
>>
>>40188315
Pavel Tsatsouline. He will take care of you, anon.

>>40188343
Post a pic. If you get lean enough, you won't be fat anymore. If you have stretched out skin, then it might require surgery to fix.
>>
>>40188369
>Pavel Tsatsouline.
Thanks... Will look forward to it
>>
http://skinnyfattransformation.com/

is this site a meme

I was just looking up SS and this guy had an article on why it's not great for beginners

I don't know what to believe, but for the record I just want to look better and not be an overweight-yet-still-weak sack of shit, i don't necessarily have increasing the number of pounds I can lift as my first priority
>>
>>40188314
Yeah I mean both cardio and lifting, but more about lifting because that's the actual hard stuff.

I feel like I take up so much time on the equipment as it is just doing my sets, let alone doing warm up sets. Joining a gym tomorrow after using a home gym for the past 2 months so I'm kind of nervous to linger on one rack for too long.
>>
>>40188369

Everything in my house is either dick level, or neck level to pose the camera. RIP.

I probably will, since I got huge without hardly noticing so I have pretty noticeable stretch marks. That honestly doesn't bother me, just not sure if I should bother cutting at this point because wide hips+big chest.
>>
>>40188399
I glanced at the beginning of his article, and it 99% bullshit. You don't have a "body type". You don't need a special snowflake routine. You have very little lean mass, but some body fat. What you need to do is consistently lift weights 3-4 days a week with conviction, slowly build muscle on a 500 cal surplus. Once you've reached an appropriate body weight, you will then slowly cut and to reach a more desirable body fat. DO NOT CUT FIRST. You have nothing to cut to. You will be a disgusting skellington with no mass or strength. As soon as you start to gain mass after that, your bf% will go up a bit, you'll freak out, and decide you need to "cut" again. You will then be stuck in the autistic perpetual cut/bulk cycles that many skinnyfats fall victim to.
>>
>>40188449
Doing a few warm-up sets should only take a few minutes. It's not a big deal.

>>40188456
You're probably just too fat and your hips aren't as wide as you think. No matter what, you'll look better leaner rather than being fat.

>>40188399
You should also post a pic to establish your skinny to fat ratio. If you're sufficiently fat enough, then you would be one of the few that actually need to cut first.
>>
Are BCAA's useless as long as you take enough protein?
>>
File: Untitled.png (249KB, 397x483px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
249KB, 397x483px
>>40188472
What's an appropriate body weight?

I'm about 200 lbs at 5'11'' with, like you said, very little lean mass.

>>40188495
pic related is me as of right now
>>
what do I wear to the gym bros? A silly question, but I take it my vast collection of jeans won't suffice.
>>
>>40188565
sweats, shorts, t shirts, tanks just anything that won't rip with stretching/weight applied to it

If you're lifting, get flat-sole shoes
>>
>>40188541
Wtf, that's not skinnyfat. You're very firmly overweight. Skinnyfat means you have a low/normal BMI but a high bf% due to having very little lean mass. You're not skinnyfat. You're just chubbyfat. You need to cut friendo. Cut until you're not fat. Probably gonna have to go down to at least 170.

>>40188565
Athletic shorts and T-shirt.
>>
>>40188625
Alright so bear with me. I got a gym membership a few days ago, and have swam a few times since.

How would it sound if I swam 3-5 times a week, maintained a 1000 caloric deficit per day until I hit 170, and then start lifting weights and maintain 170? I don't really care about getting too big, I just want to have some decent definition and not be chubby or look like a shrimp
>>
>>40188625
hey my body looks like that but more muscle, 5'7 184 pounds. I am just chubby too right? no way I can be skinnyfat at this weight
>>
Unsure on how to correctly count my TDEE.
I work 3 - 4 days a week, 6 hours a day in a factory. I go to the gym 4 times a week for an hour and a half.

The days I spend off from work/gym I don't really do much with myself. Would I be considered sedentary, or would I be considered lightly active?
>>
>>40188680
Swim if you want, but start lifting weights now. You can and will increase your lean body mass while cutting if you lift weights. Cutting while not lifting will leave you looking like a skinnyfat mess at the end. Look at weight loss pictures that people post online. The ones that lift weights while they cut look infinitely better than then people that just cardio, or the retards that didn't exercise at all. A 1,000 cal deficit is pretty extreme, and will be hard to adhere to. It's gonna make going to the gym pretty unpleasant.

No problem with maintaining at 170. A very lean 170 at 5' 11" looks good. You won't look very big, but it can be aesthetic. But start lifting now.
>>
>>40188541
Bro I'm 6'5 and 168 pounds and skinnyfat as fuck, you're just overweight. But that just means you got a clear goal, cut and gain muscle in the process.
>>
>>40188693
Yeah, you sound pretty chubby. The only way you're not chubby is if you've done dedicated weight lifting the in the past, or hard physical labor. You don't get to a BMI of ~29 by accident unless you're fat.

>>40188701
I would call that moderate. Keep in mind TDEE calculators are just for getting started. If you aren't getting the results you want on the scale and in the mirror after a couple weeks, then adjust your intake further. Calculators are just calculators. Use one to get started, then guide yourself further with REAL WORLD results.
>>
>>40188495

Yeah im definitely still fat some. 6'2 and 190 lbs.
>>
>>40188705
Alright so what beginner lifting regimen would you recommend? I was looking into starting strength but that seems to be all about the strength itself and includes gaining fat (or I could be 100% wrong, I know fuck all about this)
>>
>>40188761
unironically, read the sticky.
>>
>>40188775
wat did you start with froend
>>
>>40188761
>>40188775
Yeah, sticky. Any beginner program will work. Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5, Ice cream fitness, Grey skull LP, Reg parks, whatever. It's all roughly the same shit. It just several heavy compound movements with a few accessories thrown in, in a few varying arrangements, generally for sets of 5. Honestly doesn't really matter which you do.

You get from your diet, not from you lifting plan. Rippetoe doesn't want you to be fat. Rippetoe says that if you're 20% or higher, you're too fucking fat. He's not afraid of you losing your abs and serratus for a while as you push your squat and deadlift up, but he doesn't want you to become a fat cunt.
>>
5 months of lifting, gained a solid 20lb starting to get fatty around my gut. I stopped my surplus.

Should I eat at maintenance or still go slightly above for gains? I recalculated and I was doing almost 800+ before.
>>
trying to get way lower bf%.

cutting rice + bread will do that right?

>eating chicken + lettuce + egg sandwiches for lunch

>rice + chicken + broccoli for dinner
>>
File: 155.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
155.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>40188848
Depends. Height and weight? Pic? What are your goals?
>>
>>40188855
A calorie deficit is what does that, anon. You could cut every crumb of rice and bread from you diet, and still be a fatass if you're consuming too many calories. If cutting those things puts you in a calorie deficit, then yes, it will work.
>>
>>40188863
not losing weight but just want to be more shredded?

don't know my current bf% but i'm 183cm 80kg. it's ok, but i wanna get leaner. pretty much on a cut already.

so you're saying calorie deficit is all that matters and carbs don't matter as long as it's a deficit?

btw ty anon
>>
File: w-well.jpg (335KB, 1214x2048px) Image search: [Google]
w-well.jpg
335KB, 1214x2048px
Where can I improve from here, what should I work on the most? Former fat fuck just trying to make it. Please be as honest as possible.
>>
>>40188883
Recomping is what you're talking about. It's slower and tedious. The basic idea is to keep maintenance calories so your weight stays the same. You keep your protein high and lift weight regularly. Your body composition improves and your bf% decreases. I don't know if there any actual evidence suggesting one macro split over another (apart from high protein of course).

>>40188895
There is no "most". You need to work on everything. You're small right now. Just keep lifting at a small surplus and get bigger.
>>
I'm a fat as fat ass, probably one of the fattest fat as fat asses. (450lb)
My question is, which BMR calculator should I used for someone who is of my size?
I'm using myfitnesspal atm, but I feel like they're giving me too many calories.
Thanks in advance
>>
>>40188701

Do you stand up and walk around mostly in the factory, or are you operating equipment? If moving around, you are moderately active. If in doubt, throw 20-30 minute slow walking on the treadmill at the end of your workouts.
>>
File: E6080_491847_ebook_Main.jpg (28KB, 580x533px) Image search: [Google]
E6080_491847_ebook_Main.jpg
28KB, 580x533px
Is there a 'too far' point in leaning your back for people with long legs to comfortably do squats and deadlifts?

I just found out why I couldn't hit parallel squat today using a box and empty bar. The weight is all behind me, to keep it mid foot I need to lean like the pic. For DLs I use a plate underneath and keep my back more straight.

Is this OK & safe to do this deep lean long term for these lifts? DO people go heavy with this shit? Everyone I see always has a 45 or less back angle, but then again they have way different bodies than me.
>>
>>40188943
Idk if BMR calculators are even scaled in such a way that they're accurate at such extreme weights. What you want is TDEE, not BMR. I would just google and look at 4-5 different TDEE calculators to get a rough idea.

Honestly, you don't really NEED this information. At 450 lbs, if you stopped drinking calories, stopped eating sweets and obvious bullshit, and ate mostly veggies, meats, eggs, cottage cheese/greek yogurt, and drank water or other 0 cal shit (tea, black coffee), you will drop a shitload of weight rapidly. At your size, "eat less" is literally all it takes. Just cutting calories where you can eating low cal options will do the trick for the first 200 lbs.
>>
>>40188985
Post a vid of your squat. How wide is your stance? High bar or low bar? How far are your knees traveling? Are you opening up your hips? Can you get lifting shoes with heels?
>>
>>40188924
>recomp
alright i'll read up on that. cheers mate.
>>
Frozen veggies vs fresh veggies. Is there much of a difference? I check to make sure there are no added crap in the frozen ones and it all it says is "Broccoli" of "Peas"

So am I missing any nutrients by eating frozen?
>>
>Sumo Deadlift 1RM w/ straps is 620lbs
>Sumo Deadlift 1RM w/o straps is 610lbs
>Deadlift 1RM w/ straps is 600lbs
>Deadlift 1RM w/o straps is 590lbs
What should I reply when someone asks what's my Deadlift PR?
>>
>>40189022
0 because all of those are cheating.
>>
>>40189015
No. It won't taste as good but you'll get the same amount of nutrients.
>>
>>40188987
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it
>>
>>40189015
Frozen veggies often actually have micronutrients than fresh veggies, because they're frozen at their peak.

>>40189022
We would have asked for your 1RMs if we needed a laugh.
>>
>>40189045
Good to know. My taste buds are unrefined as fuck so I don't taste a big difference. I normally put some lemon on my vegies anyway to make them ultra tasty.
>>
>>40188943
You don't use a BMR calculator, you used TDEE. I like tdeecalculator.net personally. I don't know your height which is needed for this calculation, but I'll just assume you're in the 5'10"-6'1" range.

The good news is you're so enormously obese that you can still eat a fair amount and lose weight fairly fast, but it's going to be far less than you normally would. Like >>40188987 said, completely eliminate sugar and high-calorie drinks (such as soda, juice, smoothies, alcohol, and just about anything besides coffee, milk, and water). Just try eating at 2000 calories a day, you'll be burning about 3 pounds a week which is really fucking fast for weight loss, you can easily lose 10-15 lbs per month for at-least a year.

Be aware though, this is not going to be a fast transformation. It's going to take a long fucking time: minimum of a year and a half. You're going to need to completely relearn how to eat and change your lifestyle.

For the first few months, focus solely on diet. Once you've lost a good chunk of weight (30-40 lbs) you can start incorporating walking daily or a few times a week.

Godspeed fatty.
>>
>>40189015
personally I love frozen green beans, way less hassle. Brocolli however is so cheap and easy that you should just make that shit yourself.
>>
File: octtojan.jpg (1001KB, 2132x734px) Image search: [Google]
octtojan.jpg
1001KB, 2132x734px
>>40188858
6'1, 175lb, wanna be a Big Boy. srsly just get as big as I can at a bf% to moderately mb see some hint of abs every now and then.
>>
>>40189072
>Brocolli however is so cheap and easy that you should just make that shit yourself.

$6 a kg here at the moment! Shits insane. I'm used to buying it around $2 a kg but I guess that's just how the seasons go. So for now, frozen broccoli is cheaper. Funny that, considering there's more packaging and processing and shit involved. Fucking economics.

Frozen green beans and string beans are the shit though.
>>
>>40188895
Lookin good, i'd say work inner chest, traps, shoulders mostly and obviously continue working hard overall
>>
>>40189084
Homie, you need new underwear if they all got holes in the front.
>>
File: 1428468901898.jpg (70KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428468901898.jpg
70KB, 439x480px
>>40189088
>$3 a pound
>for fucking basic broccoli
>not even that broccolini bullshit
>>
File: tumblr_ma4uv0facT1r7yfem.jpg (65KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma4uv0facT1r7yfem.jpg
65KB, 480x320px
>>40189099
>>
>>40189064
Thanks man, I appreciate it
>>
>>40189104
shit dude I lived in fucking Arizona where it's hot as shit all-year long and even we didn't pay more than a buck a pound

fucking aussies, WHEN will they learn?
>>
>>40189001
no vid on hand, moderately wide stance just past shoulder width, no idea I'll monitor this, no idea what opening hips means, and i can't right now but i put it on my list before i tweaked form and did box squats.
>>
>>40189122
phoenix?
>>
File: received_10154492004353650-1-1.jpg (276KB, 1019x593px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154492004353650-1-1.jpg
276KB, 1019x593px
what mode am I and what what should I work on apart from eating more?
>>
File: another year alone.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
another year alone.webm
2MB, 853x480px
/r/fitness is pushing gzclp and 2-suns 5/3/1 over SL and SS.

I haven't lifted in over a year.

What 3 day program would you recommend for somebody starting from 0?
>>
Just started excercising again near the beginning of the month after being sedentary (medical) for a year and have been hitting the gym and doing runs outside when i cant make the gym. I can cruise just fine at 12 min/mi on the treadmill, but as soon as I hit the pavement outside, its like running through knee-high water and i feel like i have to do extra work just to keep a good gait. I also seem to gas out quicker.

Is it because i'm too reliant on the treadmill, or is it something else?
>>
>>40189173
Phoenix area, yeah.
>>
Can someone please rate my routine? Semi SS with added accessories.

Background
>recovering fatty (94kg rn)
>1000cal deficit, losing about 0.9kg/week

Day A
>Squat 3x5
>Bench 3x5
>Dead 1x5
>Pullups 3xF (once 3x8 I'll move to 3x5 w/added weight)

Day B
>Front squat 3x5
>OHP 3x5
>Bent over row 3x5
>3xF Dips (same as pullups)

Assistance 1
>Incline bench 3x8
>Lateral raise 3x12
>2000m row

Assistance 2
>Rack pulls 3x3
>Shrugs 3x8
>2000m row

A 1 B 2 A x x
B 2 A 1 A x x

Look forward to your feedback and questions
>>
Anyone ever do Ketosis to lose weight?
About 4 months ago I started.
I've gone from 330 to 284 pounds.
I'm 5'11" king of the mantles.
Problem is I've been stuck between 284-288 for the past month straight.
Basically zero diet change and I never cheat.
Exercise is at nearly 0 however.
Been neckbearding it out.
What do?
(excising more is scary, I'd have to go outside)
>>
>>40189186
barely lifting mode. Minor definition due only to thinness. Work on everything.
>>
>>40189255
I meant manlets auto correct :(
>>
File: rogerpineapple.png (180KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
rogerpineapple.png
180KB, 280x280px
>>40185895
>doing triceps
>nice pump, arms look good, gainz inbound
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>next day
>arms are same size as before I worked out
>this has been happening to me every time
What the FUCK
>>
>>40189289
pumps dont last that long

good b8
>>
Just got back from party and met chick, she's new to campus, we made out and grinded, then worst luck probably ever when she put her number my phone legit died.. what are the fucking odds.

It saved her name in the contacts tho but no number, would it be weird to add her on instagram and ask for number again or is that too desperate seeming?
>>
>>40189307
It's not about the pump lasting, it's that my arms are not growing despite proper exercise (diet is decent as well)
WHOSE SWEATY UNWASHED COCK WITH OVERSTRETCHED FORESKIN DO I HAVE TO SLOBBER ON TO GET AN INCH ON MY ARMS
>>
How often should I increase the weights?

Just barely recovered from an injury that kept me from lifting for a good while so I wanted to know how often I should increase weights, I know I could do more reps but nah.
>>
>>40189228
SS

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

>>40189247
possible poor running technique or just not pushing yourself hard enough on the treadmill. 12 min/mi is actually a tad slow compared to the average. Try out a program like C25k outside and jog at your own pace. It's about strengthening your heart and lungs, not your legs.

>>40189253
even for a 94kg fatty a 1000 cal deficit is really heavy. I'd suggest lightening it to 750 lest you want to get fatigued easily.

Dips are kind of being phased out as they're easy to fuck up and bad for your bones. Otherwise it looks fine, consider adding some bicep curls to one of your days.

>>40189255
first off, good job on the progress. keto is not the answer. It's a very fast way to lose weight but the way it's designed is not meant for long-term and it leaves most folk feeling real shitty and fatigued.

You may have hit a plateau, don't stress about it. Though now that you're exiting hamplanet status and becoming a minor ham moon, I'd suggest you start adding cardio to your schedule. Just walking at a decent pace for half an hour or so 3x a week, it'll help out massively.

>I've gone from 330 to 284 pounds.
>Basically zero diet change and I never cheat.
This could indicated something. Have you recalculated your TDEE since losing this weight? It should be recalc'd every 10 pounds and your diet should be adjusted accordingly. 330 lbs has a TDEE of 3000 but 284 lbs only has 2750.

>>40189319
eat more, work arms more. Problem solved.

>>40189327
A beginner should be able to increase them every session. Otherwise it's just whenever you can.
>>
>>40188330
nah man I have a huge gut from a longtime trash diet and that's what I'm trying to fix.

It sucks, I have the beginnings of a decent upper body and really thick legs from carrying my fat ass around, but my gut is still pretty noticeable.

I've been trying to eat much cleaner
>>
>>40189349

Cheers breh.

To put it in -%TDEE terms I'm doing -35%

One day every two weeks I'll wake up feeling that sick fatigued feeling. I do a -0% day that day and then continue. But will look into 750 deficit and see if this is more sustainable.

Noted on dips. Cheers anon
>>
>>40189397
Yeah, it's just been my experience that you should never eat less than 60% of your sedentary TDEE. And honestly 2lbs per week is a little unrealistic at your weight, at least it will be shortly. I'd highly recommend a 750 deficit compared to a 1000 one, weight loss is still quick and your energy level will be better.
>>
i wanted to post on /fraud/ but i wanted a broad opinion on this. My friend has recently met people who he claims are using anabolics. He isnt himself interested but I am considering small use to get over my current plateau. 19 rn and read it could be really harmful before 25
>>
>>40189560

If you use gear to get over this plateau... what's your solution going to be for the next one?
>>
>>40189594
Its just this one has been set back by alot of other problems such as food poisoning and sicknesses over the winter. I'm alright with working for a longer period with the next challenge I just havent been able to retrace my steps after falling back so far because of the illnesses and its fustrating. Extra info been at it for 2 years, idk if its time to try it out yet
>>
Is creatine and hair loss just a meme, or is that shit real?
>>
>>40189675

I wouldn't.

Gear use is kind of your trump card. It'll break almost any plateau the first cycle you run. But it'll never work as well as it does the first time - you use it to break one plateau without learning how to fix whatever is holding you back, you're gonna hit another plateau shortly afterwards and then your only options are to learn the shit you should have beforehand or to use more gear.
>>
I'm training 4 days a week, what is better:
1. Push / Pull split
2. Upper / Lower body split?

How would a good Upper / Lower split look like? Right now, I'm doing 3 leg exercises and 7 for the rest of the body. That would be very imbalanced, I think.
>>
cutting since october and still haven't reached my goal weight of 70kg (from 82)
should i just give up?

does cutting get less effective if you drag it out?
>inb4 cut calories more
i skip brekkie then have fruit and a shake for lunch, then a small dinner, if i cut it anymore i'm going to be missing my protein targets
>>
Male with wide hips here, how to get rid of hourglass shape? What exercises other than db side raises
>>
>>40189839
Are you counting?
>>
>>40189738
ill take the advice and see how well i do up towards summer, thanks anon
>>
File: tumblr_nzwwwtdSkx1r3x5j9o7_1280.jpg (214KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzwwwtdSkx1r3x5j9o7_1280.jpg
214KB, 1080x720px
what leg-hypertrophy exercises can I do at home?
I'm currently running a variation of Phrak's Greyskull, which has a strong emphasis on upper body, and I don't want my legs to fall behind. I have a bench, a bar with plates, adjustable dumbbells and a pullupbar, and squat two times a week with my program.
what to do for leg hypertrophy?
>>
>>40189856
roughly 1500cal sometimes more though
>>
Please advise - I live in the countryside and work 10 hours a day, so travelling to a gym (which would take 2+ hours) is not an option.

Lifted for about 2 years from 2013-2015 and I want to get back into it now my life is stable.

I have a barbell and plates going up to 175kg
I have a bench

Is it possible for me to create a good routine using this equipment? I don't have a rack and I'm concerned I won't be able to hit chest effectively.

I am primarily concerned about improving my appearance, however strength is also important to me.
>>
>>40189309
Just do it nigger
>>
>>40189900
>work 10 hours a day
You should have enough money for a rack
>>
>>40189933
I don't, unfortunately. Nearly all of my money goes on living expenses and paying for full time care of my mother.
Is a rack necessary?
>>
>>40189981
Pretty much, just build one if you're confident with your construction skills
>>
>>40190017
Okay, thanks!
>>
>>40189855
Bump
>>
>>40189883
lunges, running, squat variations
>>
File: file.png (81KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
81KB, 547x465px
What routine should I follow to achieve strength gain that is focused on upper body?
My lower body is too disproportionately big and I'm still able to make linear progress with a beginner strength routine. I liked the way Greyskull LP was formatted but I'm not sure how I could modify it to include more upper body lifts.
>>
File: 1461352444466.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461352444466.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>40190250
>>
So I'm looking at progress pics on reddit of people my height, how is it that someone who was at the same starting weight as me look worse than I did at that weight, and yet when they reach a goal weight similar to mine, they look like they have very little body fat? My first goal weight is literally equivalent to having a BMI that is classified as normal.
>>
>>40190396
Seems good, I'm guessing where it says or I alternate between workouts
>>
>>40190457
You don't have to but you can if you want.
I have been with rows and chinups at least.
>>
I'm starting to get the hang of chinups, but pullups are still completely out of my reach. People say to do negatives, but I can't even manage to hang there with wide grip pull up form. Any tips? Should I be doing some rows?
>>
Is using coffee instead of water with protein powder a thing or will my insides explode?
>>
my lower back always hurts whenever i do high bar ATG squats, and sometimes it puts pressure on my spine. How do i fix this?
>>
>>40190463
Alright, thank you
>>
>>40190397
Stop comparing yourself to other people.
>>
>>40190478
3x5 Pendlay Rows
3x5 OHP

Do that.
>>
Is it okay if I substitute the Pendlay Row with the Bent Over Row? Since my back is all kinds of fucked up and I can't really bent over to make that little 7 shape.
>>
>>40190485
Improve form. Probably related to extending your legs too early and finishing the lift with your back
>>
File: Faggot-Mode.jpg (2MB, 2971x2116px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot-Mode.jpg
2MB, 2971x2116px
Hey /Fit/ Recently turned 18, Never really touched a weight in my life and im mentally retarded when it comes to fitness and have a fucking childs body (6'7" 200lb child). I have read the sticky and all that and looked around for a while, people generally say that before you cut or do anything to reduce body fat % your should lift to gain mass, Is this what i should do?
Generally speaking I dont really have any money to get equipment and dont like going to a public gym because of my body is doing body-weight exercises enough to gain mass?
>>
>>40190569
Cute nipples.

Stop being a faggot, go to the gym and do SS.
>>
bear with me here

some athletes train at high altitude because it's a low oxygen enviroment, causing their bodies to adapt to the low oxygen. when they go to compete at regular altitudes with loads of oxygen they get better results due to the adaptations right?

strength gains are often largely due to adaptations of the nervous system. say we were to supress the nervous system during training with, for example, alcohol would this produce a similar effect to training in low oxygen?

anyone want to try adding a couple shots to your preworkout for a few weeks then try to hit a new PR?
>>
Been feeling really good lately. All my lifts have gone up, eating good and sleeping good. On PHUL right now, only thing is I need to bust out all four days to keep on track. Anything to be careful of? I'm keeping the volume low, I just did Upper and Lower Power the last two days and I don't feel fatigued or beat up, so I should be good right?
>>
File: ecPFTtn.png (456KB, 633x717px) Image search: [Google]
ecPFTtn.png
456KB, 633x717px
How much calories would I burn doing this for 5 min
>5'9
>215 lbs
>>
>>40190522
Thanks, I'll add the Pendlays to my routine, already doing OHP.
>>
>>40190569
First you need to cut xenoestrogens
>>
>>40190653
Not much. Just eat less it's much more efficient.
>>
>>40190660
I feel I need to start doing workouts somewhere, wouldnt that be an okay start?
We still have P.E. classes here (high school in norway) so im getting some workout every week
>>
>>40190669
Well yeah It's fine to start but don't use it as a method to burn calories, eat less instead and rely on that.

An even better place to start would be SS. That template is like super beginner "I have never moved a day in my life" workout. Don't expect much of anything from something that takes 5 mins a day.

Lastly, this an 18+ site, good luck but MOOODDDDDSSSS
>>
>>40190693
It's just I'm using Lifesum to have everything organized, so having a number of calories burnt would be appreciated

>18+
High school is from 15-16 yr to 18-19 yr here, im 18
>>
>>40190669
Lmao

45-90 min i veka med gymtimer er så lite verdt.

Vil du gå ned i vekt? Spring i en halvtime annenhver dag.
>>
File: 1484027992953.png (711KB, 1600x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1484027992953.png
711KB, 1600x1149px
Is incline dumbbell bench press and weighted Chest Dips a suitable replacement for flat bench press?
>>
>>40190551
h-help
>>
File: 1377510126998.jpg (22KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1377510126998.jpg
22KB, 251x231px
>>40190714
Har ikke jernvilje til sånt
>>
Whenever I start bulking, all the fat tends to go straight to my thighs and butt. As a result I get a really unattractive physique because my lower body is just so big. To add to this I have wide hips (I'm a guy btw).

Is there a way around this or am I doomed to terrible genetics for the rest of my life.

6'4", 210lbs, about 16% bf
>>
>>40190711
Ah, well my bad then. I can't tell you exactly how many you'll burn because frankly I don't know how to measure that as I've never had to. But what I can tell you is that 5 mins of anything will only burn a negligible amount unless it's five minutes of balls to the wall sprinting.
>>
>>40190740
Eh, I'll just not type in anything then
I'll still do it cause it'll feel good
>>
Can you still strength train using dumbbells if they go heavy enough? Like up to 90 pounds per dumbbell
>>
>>40190766
You can strength train with anything if it's a high enough intensity.
>>
What's a good small pre workout snack? On the weekends I workout about 45 mins after waking and sometimes I'll get a little nauseous partway through. I'm drinking plenty of water I think I just need to eat a small bit before I go.
>>
Is there a /fit/ discord? I want to ask questions there.
>>
File: IMG_20170128_044513_579.jpg (535KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170128_044513_579.jpg
535KB, 1440x1440px
So when i stretch skin my lower abs become visible. Does this mean i can achieve a sixpack at a lower bf?

Can i just lower my % and achieve it that way or do i have to do lots of ab exercises at the same time?

All i do for abs are planks and pushups.
>>
>>40190776
Sweet. So then I can pretty much sub barbell exercises for DB ones in strength routines? Not optimal I know. But it can be done?
>>
>>40190838
Until it's under 80-90% of your max yes.
>>
File: 1483475301032.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483475301032.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
What's the difference between overhead press with a barbell and dumbbells? Which is superior and why?
>>
Can flat bench press (BB or DB) be replaced with incline DB bench press + weighted Chest Dips? Goal is aesthetics
>>
>>40191118
Pls respond to me.
>>
File: 1483408988751.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483408988751.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
am I supposed to tip barbers?
>>
How do you fix scalp problems?
>>
Am I a gyno?
>>
How to achieve good posture?
>>
>>40191218
wall angel stretch for upper body
stretch hamstrings and do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI for lower body
>>
>>40191143
Yes they live on minimum wage these days.
>>
>>40191169
no you're just a fat
>>
>>40191240
For reals?
Thats a big relief haha
>>
Fuck all the barbell routines which say to squat and deadlift. I aint looking to win a power lifting tournament, I just wanna be a bit stronger and a bit bigger. Yeah sure deadlifts and squats are safe... IF YOU HAVE A PERSONAL FUCKING TRAINER AND SOMEONE TO WATCH EVERY REP. I deadlifted 70kg for the first time in my life last week and thought to myself "If i did this wrong, im not gonna feel it now... im going to feel it in a few years time before its too late". Fuck all of you who say otherwise
>MUH LOWER THE WEIGHT AND CONCENTRATE ON FORM

fuck you, carry on doing your deadlifts and when we are both 55 lets see who had more backpain

Here is ANONS SAFE ROUTINE
A
Leg Press 3*5
Dumbell Bench press 3*5 (FUCK BARBELLS, i have no spotter, if i slip i dont wanna choke myself, but I dont want to lift light weights because that defeats the prupose of bodybuilding)
Leg Curl 3*5
Chest Dips (assisted, or use a machine) 2*8-10

B
Leg Press 3*5
Overhead press 3*5
Dumbell Rows 3*5 in each hand
Chin Ups (Or lat pulldowns ) 2*8-10

FIGHT ME LOSERS, TELL ME IM WRONG

Benefits:
Compound movements
Safe
You dont need to worry about form, just lift heavy weights and push yourself rather than >MUH DELOAD THE WEIGHT SO I CAN CHECK FORM
>>
>>40191118
Bump can someone answer this?
>>
>>40191261
>>40191261
Work on your form, autismo.
>>
File: 1458082933583.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1458082933583.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>>40185895
can someone hook me up with a routine I can do at home, basically bodyweight exercises while gaining. trying to go from skelly to ottermode but too autistic to even go outside
>>
>>40191559
Pull-Ups
Push-ups
Sit ups or ab wheel
Lunges
Squats

3x a week.
Work on progressing each exercise and moving to hard variations. Invest in a dip belt if you can so you can start adding weight to Pull-Ups.

Backpack can help to add push up weight, to a point.
>>
>>40191585
thanks dude i really appreciate it
>>
>>40191585
Once you've exhausted this though. You'll have to level up my dude. Either join a gym or invest in home equipment.

Minimum requirements for home gym:

Adjustable dumbbells
Plates
Bench
Pull up and dip bars
Dip belt
Ab wheel is optional
>>
File: 1485674434003.gif (2MB, 365x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485674434003.gif
2MB, 365x300px
>>40191118
Anyone???????????
>>
>>40191658
yes, I would even argue that it's even better
>>
>>40191714
Thanks friend
>>
>>40191658
>>40191658
Is that girls name Angelina?
>>
>>40191103
barbell is better standing up
Dumbbell is better sitting down

Standing works core
Sitting works the upper body better
>>
I'm tired of doing strength based routines, what are the downsides of going into the gym to just get a pump 3 times a week with a reasonable split?
>>
Is it ok to have pre on a 4 week on, 1 week off pattern, switching to a non caffeineated version after 2 tubs worth are used up?
>>
If I'm currently doing Texas Method and want to cut, should I just keep doing the same routine, but not increase weights unless I feel like I can?
>>
>>40185895
is 19 too young for sterons
>>
>>40192186
Yes
>>
I'm trying to convince my Mum to start doing some cardio 2/3 times a week with me. Thing is, she's got hereditary knee problems and they're pretty clunky and weak.

What cardio can we do/avoid to minimise knee damage?

Also would leg curls be good to help strengthen the muscle around them?
>>
>>40191962
"Getting a pump" will only give you gains if you're on steroids.

Strength based routines cause the release of hormones used for muscle production.

Stick to the strength based routine.
>>
>>40192571
By about 5 years.
>>
18yo 5'10.5 manlet here, any hope to grow still or am i doomed?
>>
>>40192783
Growth can still occur even in your early twenties, though most bone growth ends before then.
>>
Whats a good sprinting routine for fat loss?

I'm currently doing 6 200m sprints at 90% fartleks but I feel like there can be better workout routine.

Next, how does one maintain low body fat weight? my goal this year is to maintain it for 6 months. Is it worth it? Dieting suggestion?

Finally for anyone that's doing this, is it worth keeping track of your lifts on a journal or an app?
>>
How will a P/P/L Split work if I can only go to the gym sunday monday wednesday thursday?
>>
File: 20170129_131641 - Copy.jpg (45KB, 403x847px) Image search: [Google]
20170129_131641 - Copy.jpg
45KB, 403x847px
>>40186211
Woke up, and it's nice and bruised now so my camera can actually see the coloring. It doesn't hurt much at all when I move the finger, but if I press on the palm side of the joint, it hurts a bit.

Would I be fine to go lift again today?
>>
Why do fat people love keto so much?

Is it the tantalizing allure of stuffing their faces with as much bacon, steak and butter as possible?
>>
File: 2017-01-29_19.10.54.jpg (702KB, 890x2336px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29_19.10.54.jpg
702KB, 890x2336px
I've been on SL for a month now and seeing some sweet noob gains. I just have the concern that I might be dropping too much weight'. 5 10, went from 150 lbs to 142 lbs in those Four weeks. I feel like I lost quite some fat while benefiting from those noob gains. My Diet is really clean, cut out all soda/processed shit and I'm eating lots of protein. I'm not counting calories but I guess I've been on a deficitit. I'm Lifting 3 times a week and 2 times cardio.

Pic is me right now. I look better than IRL cause of unintentional convenient lighting in that pic, but still a skeletor. I'm happy with where I'm going because I was far more skinnyfat a month ago and I'm seeing face/jaw gains which I really like.

so my question: should I eat more to see more gains or should I keep eating like I've been doing since it's been good for me so far?
>>
>>40193260

Also bf% estimate? I'm thinking around 18?
>>
>>40193245
Because it's the fastest way to lose weight. Ketosis can get you losing like 16 lbs a month even for a small hamplanet.
>>
>>40185895
I need an easy, efficient and maintainable diet for strength gain (lifting 3 days/week, hiit/lsd etc on other days).

Please give me resources
>>
File: 1485701788945.jpg (184KB, 563x723px) Image search: [Google]
1485701788945.jpg
184KB, 563x723px
>>40193491
Here
>>
>>40193662
Thanks but what about portions?
>>
File: 1468966770901.jpg (219KB, 571x852px) Image search: [Google]
1468966770901.jpg
219KB, 571x852px
>>40193218
bump
>>
>>40193678
Don't be lazy anon. Try counting calories of use common sense for now. Although the latter is probably not what most People would advice you.

I'm Lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio twice, this is a normal eating day for me:

Breakfast: 4 eggs, cut up peppers
Snack: Greek yoghurt/cottage cheese with grapes and almonds
Lunch: pack of meckerel, olives, roman lettuce, flax seed
Snack: banana or again yoghurt or cottage cheese
Dinner: quinoa/Brown rice or Brown pasta with some chicken/beef/ground Round with tomato sauce and loads of veggies (peppers, tomato, broccoli, onion, garlic, sometimes ginger, ...)

Snack: piece of fruit

Make sure u eat enough protein. Watch carbs. Drink loads of water.
>>
File: HseDFYG.jpg (221KB, 1728x1328px) Image search: [Google]
HseDFYG.jpg
221KB, 1728x1328px
>>40192783
just die scum
>>
>>40193806
Alright. Thanks man
>>
does it matter which leg press the machine #1 or #2 ?
>>
>>40193836
Np, I wouldn't focus on the details too much for now. But just watch out with The amount you're eating and gettkng enough protein. I thought I was eating at a maintenance while in reality I'm losing weight (mostly fat luckily, I'm also not counting calories).
>>
6'1 67kg skelly here who has been going to the gym for nearly 3 weeks. Doing SS so far. 5 questions:

1. Does barbell width matter? I use the shorter one in pic related but I see longer ones on this board all the time. How much does it affect gains?

2. Is Weetabix a good breakfast for gaining weight? Is it something I would want to stick with down the line?

3. Do calories needed increase as my weight increase? Is there a curve?

4. How do i into progression? More sets? More reps? Heavier barbell?

5. Best vid for each individual SS workout? I've been watching the Art of Manliness but it hasnt helped me much on Power cleans.
>>
File: autism.png (36KB, 1376x641px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
36KB, 1376x641px
trying to do face pulls. don't have access to a mid height pulley and the top pulley is too short for me to stand straight up. i've been leaning back and spreading my legs like on the left. would doing it on a 45/60 incline bench be better? every video I watch has people standing straight up
>>
>>40193260
You're gonna have to get bigger at some point. At 5' 10", you ideally want to be like 180 lbs lean. If you're getting leaner and have are progressing on your lifts every day, then it's okay for now. But that's going to stop very, very soon, so be ready switch to a surplus.

>>40193904
Literally does not matter. Most people use #2.

>>40190478
Don't do wide grip pull-ups. Use a normal grip width. Wide grip pull-up are a meme.

>>40190482
It's fine. Once, I put the powder into coffee that was really hot, and it denatured the proteins in to this weird clumpy mess. So be careful about that. It's still fine to drink, just really gross.

>>40190485
Post form video.

>>40190551
It's fine, but dumbbell rows may be a better option. However, you have bigger problems if you literally can't bend over.

>>40190569
You're skinnyfat. You need to bulk slowly. You don't gain mass from exercising. You gain mass from eating a calorie surplus. Exercise determines how much of that mass is fat vs muscle. Go to the gym. Bodyweight exercises are not going to give you the results you want. Nobody in the gym gives a fuck about you. Go lift, and eat a 500 cal surplus.

>>40190608
The altitude training increases your hematocrit. Alcohol just poisons your central nervous system, and there is no adaptation that makes you stronger as a result. It's a bad idea.

>>40190653
>>40190669
Yes, get exercise. Don't count on it for weight loss. If you want to lose weight, fix your diet.

>>40190728
It's fine.

>>40190733
You should only bulk one time. Slowly bulk until you are a bit above your ideal body weight, then cut, and remain fairly lean. You should be doing multiple cut/bulk cycles unless you are an athlete in a weight class sport.
>>
>>40194108
>Yes, get exercise. Don't count on it for weight loss. If you want to lose weight, fix your diet.
Yeah ive done this, Lifesum really helps with that
>>
>>40191218
Strengthen back.

>>40191962
The downside is not making progress because you aren't using progressive overload. You can get a pump and still do strength training. Do some heavy compounds each day, then finish with whatever fun movements you want.

>>40192145
Just use them on PR days. There's no reason to take a PWO every training day.

>>40192186
People get stronger while cutting all the time. It's harder, but possible. Try to increase the weight if you can.

>>40192586
Swimming, elliptical, seated bike.

>>40192908
There aren't good routines for weight loss. There are good diets for weight loss.

You maintain low bf% by lifting weights and not eating a surplus, or just having a small surplus.

You need to track your lifts somehow. If you can't remember day to day, then record them somewhere.

>>40193054
Poorly. The purpose of PPL is to run it PPLPPLx. This allows you to get a high amount of volume on each muscle group twice a week, while not doing too much to interfere with it inbetween. You would be better off with full body or an upper/lower split.

>>40193218
If it doesn't hurt, then do some light lifting. Let pain be your guide.

>>40193245
Yes, and see fast changes on the scale initially when the glycogen weight disappears.

>>40193984
You need a 7 ft Olympic barbell if you plan on getting strong.
Eating a calorie surplus is what's good for gaining weight.
Yes, the more mass you have, the more energy you need to maintain it. Look at TDEE calculators and put different weights in.
Get on a real program that has progression built into it.
The Starting Strength channel has videos for everything. Alan Thrall has decent videos for beginners as well.
>>
What's the /fit/ verdict on Keto? Is it a meme or is there merit to it?
>>
>>40194247
Ketogenic diets aren't magic, but they are often a satiating way to achieve a calorie deficit. They also tend to improve lipid profiles, blood pressure, and insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>40194108
Can confirm for the denatured protein, I thought about microwaving whey for a hot chocolatey drink, ended up with muck everywhere
>>
Is it advantageous to do workouts on a 4 week cycle so something like:
Week 1 -
S - P
M - P
T - R
W - L
T - P
F - R
S - R

Week 2 -
S - P
M - L
T - R
W - P
T - P
F - R
S - R

Week 3 -
S - L
M - P
T - R
W - P
T - P
F - R
S - R

Week 4 -
S - L
M - P
T - R
W - P
T - L
F - R
S - R

Or just take it a week at a time?
>>
>>40194315
PPL put into a 4 day schedule sucks shit. The frequency for each movement is too low.
>>
File: push pull split.png (14KB, 265x607px) Image search: [Google]
push pull split.png
14KB, 265x607px
What do you guys think of this split?
Pic related
>ABxABxx
>>
>>40194358
It's okay. Grab some calf raises somewhere though. Don't end up like me with a 565 deadlift and 435 squat and little twink boy calves because never trained them enough.
>>
>>40185895
Questions about soreness:

1) I just worked out for the first time last Thursday. Peak soreness was probably yesterday, but I still feel it. Should I go back to the gym tonight or wait until full recovery?

2) How much soreness should I expect once I get in a regular routine? Is the norm to experience none after the first few weeks? Or should I feel some on rest days but be better by the next workout? Or something else?
>>
>>40194341
What else would you recommend? 5/3/1?
>>
the left side of my jawline is more developed/bigger than the right side
is there any way to fix this without plastic surgery?
a friend of mine suggested chewing gum
>>
File: 1479705855868.jpg (58KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
1479705855868.jpg
58KB, 600x429px
routine Q's

Is it okay to run or do other type of cardio after squatting?
Also, what do all of you think of splitting work out into 2 parts?
let's say;
day 1 - upper body
day 2 - lower body
and repeat for 6 days, with half an hour of cardio
>>
What's the /fit/ opinion on seasoning? The only thing I remember seeing in the sticky on the subject is not to use too much salt. Is there anything I should particularly aim to use or to avoid? Is there a good place to get more information on this stuff? The best I've found so far is "fuck it, why not? Chances are it'll help you make up your micros".
>>
>>40185895
How to get /fit/ while not owning any weights?

It looks like the stuff in the sticky doesn't have anything for me.
>>
Sup /fit/.
I want to start going to the gym again but I work a very active job from Monday to Thursday. My gym recently turned 24 hours. My schedule would be Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday. My question is, on Tuesday, should I go before work (around 3:45 AM) and sacrifice my work performance or go after work and sacrifice my gym performance?
I have preworkout but I'm usually drop dead tired when I come in from work and I don't think that'd be enough.
Also, either way, should I go with Stronglifts again for a beginner routine or 5/3/1?
>>
>>40194914
Go to bwg.
Oh and ignore the stuff that talks about rings. you don't really need it.

You can use a towel or something.
I also suggest looking up

Convict Conditioning
You are your own gym
Building the Gymnastic body
Infinite Intensity
5Bx
The 100 pushups programs and all associated stuff
Go onto youtube and look up the "ghetto workouts" that the black dudes in cities and white dudes in eastern nations do. Those dudes don't fuck around with physical culture stuff.
Oh and look up old army training stuff.
>>
>>40194743
garlic + onion in every food

if you lift and do cardio you dont really need to worry about salt. you can use it liberally
>>
>>40195025
Bwg?
>>
>>40195084
bodyweight general
>>
>>40195084
Sorry.
The Bodyweight General

But they often try to slip something about lifting in there and say that it's superior for...random reasons along with not so subtly suggesting that you should do some amount of steroids. Just ignore it and continue doing what you want and need to do.
>>
>>40195096
>>40195105
Sorry, I tried looking in the catalog and nothing came up.

Who archives /fit/?
>>
>>40195122
Nevermind, I searched the 4Chan archive and made a new thread.
>>
Had a cold, was out of the gym for 5 days. Currently doing SL5x5, do I need to drop my weight back down or should I be okay?
>>
>>40195203
warmup well. unless you had fever or puked or diarrhea your gains havent gone anywhere
>>
>>40185895
If i were to stay under the calorie goal, will i lose weight?

also, do you /fit/izens log in strength training calories burned? because I usually don't and go for little bit of cardio to keep my daily net calories deficient (usually -500/700)?
>>
File: 1418284443180.jpg (145KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
1418284443180.jpg
145KB, 807x605px
Requesting Military routine infographics.

Commissioning as an Officer in a few years and I want to be able to blow my PFT and OCS out of the water.
>>
>>40195225
I had a fever, but other than that I was just very lethargic and didn't do much (runny nose/cough)
>>
>>40195621
Run mother fucker run. I've never seen a slow officer.
>>
>>40195738
Would a couple of miles after my workouts be advisable? I hear it's one of those things that gets far easier the more you do it.
>>
>>40195868
It is, though it would be best to have separate cardio days from your lift days if you can manage it. Your goal is a 13 minute two mile and you have plenty of time to get to that. You also want to be able to ruck 12 miles in less than three hours with a 45-60 pound ruck.
>>
When I bench my back is really wobbly on the bench. Is this normal? If not, how do i stabilize myself?

My 1 rep max is 135 and I am not progressing properly.
>>
Does protein powder actually go bad? I've got a tub that passed its expiration date almost a year ago but it still looks and smells fine.
>>
Is there a cure for the burning lung sensation when you run? I hydrate just fine
>>
Anyone here run 2+ miles 5+ times a week, and also lift? I have a physical training test and I will need to train running a lot to get up to the standards, but I also want to progress my beginner-level lifts.
>>
All the gyms in my area are overpriced shit holes, the only not expensive one is Planet Fitness and they don't have any equipment for compound lifts, everything is locked in a shitty smith machine.

What should I do? I was thinking about just getting a pull up bar and doing bodyweight routines until I can move into a place where I have space for my own home setup.
>>
>>40190508
Thanks. I'm autistic like that sometimes but you're right.
>>
File: IMG_20170129_103213110.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_103213110.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
6'1 214 vegan, you think with a couple more years of hard work with my frame that I could be a decent personal trainer? Cutting right now.
>>
File: 1478367308402.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478367308402.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>40194678
anybody?
>>
File: 1_29_17.png (140KB, 1446x922px) Image search: [Google]
1_29_17.png
140KB, 1446x922px
Is it bad to go "red" in some of my micronutrients? I'm usually "red" in at least two.
>>
>>40196232
routine?
>>
will start gym next week and need to buy some clothes

-shirts
-shorts
-under
-socks

anything i should never use ?
>>
>>40194678
>Is it okay to run or do other type of cardio after squatting?
Yes, it is.

> Also, what do all of you think of splitting work out into 2 parts?
It is good. Candito's LP is done that way, the strength/control version is great.

>>40194678
>repeat for 6 days
6 days is too much. Usually it's a 4 days split.
>>
Should i trust the sticky ?
>>
>>40186005
Which site did you use for that
>>
File: couch-to-5k.jpg (101KB, 554x1113px) Image search: [Google]
couch-to-5k.jpg
101KB, 554x1113px
I did the couch to 5k and can now do a 30 minute 3 mile. Where do I go from here to get faster and achieve my dream of the 13 minute 2 mile? Should I be switching up my cardio program to be less treadmill and more a mixture of things like bikes and elliptical?
>>
>mum wants me to look at her workout program
>four sets of fifteen romanian deadlifts
Is that insane or am I missing something?
>>
File: 1465271830060.gif (82KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465271830060.gif
82KB, 300x200px
>>40196553
I dont know what you should never use but you should Always use Adidas for an extra 15-20 pounds on your Squat PR
>>
File: 1435284963638.png (1MB, 2576x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1435284963638.png
1MB, 2576x3200px
>>40196709
>>
I just started 5/3/1 and did 12 reps on my 5+ DL set for week 1. Should I increase my base DL weight?
>>
File: 1479656522391.jpg (19KB, 373x344px) Image search: [Google]
1479656522391.jpg
19KB, 373x344px
>>40196563
thanks fampai!

I think I'll go with with 4 days of split + 1 day of cardio. I'm still cutting
>>
Can I drink 2 protein drinks a day (75g protein x2) and stop worrying about my protein intake?
>>
>>40197644
How much do you weigh? Depending on your BW and goals that may be fine or not enough
>>
>>40197669
166 lbs doing starter strength. I'd be having chicken + eggs + whatever else on top.
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (127KB, 639x1134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0765.jpg
127KB, 639x1134px
6'0 210lbs

BF estimate?
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.