[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light cardio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: zn6Ma7Jb_400x400.jpg (20KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
zn6Ma7Jb_400x400.jpg
20KB, 373x373px
Can just brisk walking everywhere you go (eg to the mall, to the tube station) and doings things like always running up stairs rather than using elevators be considered light cardio?
>>
Bump 1.
There won't be a second.
Don't make me get my great heathen army /fit/
>>
>>40180844
>this is what fat fucks actually believe
>>
It's certainly better than nothing. Anything which gets your heart pumping fast is good. It probably won't help you lose weight unless you're doing a lot (hours). Walking is also good for your posture which can make you look a lot better.
>>
>>40180971
I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates real cardio here and would rather focus purely on lifting

>>40181003
Cool thanks. Yeah, I'm more reliant on my deficit for weight loss.
>>
Know that cardio is never required for aesthetics you can rely entirely on diet for staying lean if you're diligent. Also know that not doing cardio is terrible for you and honestly engaging in heavy lifting and never doing cardio is probably worse for you heart than sitting around doing nothing.
>>
>>40181003
>"probably won't help you lose weight"
I'd disagree there, friendo. A lot of physique athletes do an hour of fasted cardio in the morning as their primary form of cardio, and burning ~250cals 7 times a week might just be the push you need to lean out.
>>
>>40181073
>heavy lifting and never doing cardio is probably worse for you heart than sitting around doing nothing
Gimme some sauce on that utter bullshit
>>
>>40181153
250 cals is about 5k which is roughly an hour walking. So like I said, in the region of hours of walking for tangible benefits. It certainly burns less than most people would think. Eating less is easier.
>>
So I'm getting that cardio isn't even needed for aesthetics. But that light cardio is far from optimal for heart health. Alright, I'm tight on time. If I incorporated HIIT swimming into my routine, would doing that 2x a week be enough for a healthy heart?
>>
>>40180844
No.

>>40181454
I don't know.
>>
>>40181454
Basically, yes.
>>
File: 1484464644400.jpg (18KB, 320x240px)
1484464644400.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>40181516
>>
>>40181532
Sweet. Th-thanks
>>
i swim a mile about 3-4 times a week, and walk to and from the pool (about a mile each way)
this is a fair chunk of time which i'm sure most people don't have, but you could bike or drive to the pool i guess.
>>
>>40180844
ofc for fat fucks its about psychic when you do stairs instead of lift etc. it might help you big change in life is made out of small changes not just FUCK IT I WILL LIFT FROM NOW and than use elevator go to MC Donald etc.
>>
>>40180844
get rid of your car and walk everywhere. walk 4 hours if you wanna go somewhere a four hour walk away. I've walked everywhere since I was like 15
>>
>>40180844

no, you fat fuck

you know how websites or apps ask you for level of movement?

this sort of thing is already calculated in at the lowest level, that's expected of you!

>>40181073
>heavy lifting and never doing cardio is probably worse for you heart than sitting around doing nothing

this is what fatties actually believe
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.