[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Torn ACL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: InjuredLeg.jpg (34KB, 700x301px) Image search: [Google]
InjuredLeg.jpg
34KB, 700x301px
/fit/ I recently got a torn ACL and a meniscus tear in my left leg playing soccer, what can i do to hasten my recovery ? I´m already applying ice everyday and drinking green tea but it´s been a week now and i can´t even run.
>>
>>40179544
Dude, you're fucked.
You will never ever be the same.

You're going to have to take things slow. Over the next few months you're going to have to start doing one legged exercises, relearning how to walk and run, and look into a really really good knee brace.
>>
>>40179584
this
probably not what you want to hear but a torn acl is basically game over.

you will NEVER be able to play soccer again.
>>
>>40179584
>>40179642
Shit, i play soccer as a side activity but practice boxing 3 days a week, will i still be able to do it ?
Will it affect my ability to lift ?
>>
>>40179544

Ignore this faggot >>40179584, OP.

You'll be fine. It's a long road to recovery but it's fine.

Keep icing to help the swelling go down. You should have been given a machine that will bend your knee for you and then relaxes it automatically.

Your biggest focus during the first month is ROM. Your knee will get fucking wooden if you let it. It will scar and you'll be fucked if you don't keep pushing your ROM MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.

Your second goal is to get activation in your quads again. The inflammation in the aftermath of the injury (and the eventual surgery) wrecks havoc on your motor neurons. Electric shock therapy is really good, but just focusing on contracting those quads as many times and as hard as you can is great. Aim to be sore (DOMS) at all times.

6 weeks in, do squats and leg press. Once I started putting that muscle under real load, I get better almost instantly. I walked into the gym with a slight limp in my step, walked out hopping down the stairs.

The first month is the hardest, and the limited mobility really puts a hamper on your spirits. Stay optimistic, and you'll be in better shape than before in 6 months.
>>
>>40179731
You can probably still box just start slow...yes it will effect it quite a lot
>>
>>40179731
your doctor should have told you this kinda stuff.
I would forget boxing and squatting aswell, your leg is fucked and it wont heal 100% back to how it was.
>>
>>40179544
get a surgery.
>>
>>40179544
>it´s been a week now and i can´t even run
lmao. it takes at least a month for a ligament to heal. don't know about the meniscus
>>
>>40179731
I tore my ACL at 14 playing rugby

A couple years later after recovering from keyhole surgery and having my cartilage shaved off completely I was back to full mobility

But it's not the same. It still hurts.

I squat 2x bw now and from 16-21 I was a county level boxer.

Just don't do many exercises on hard surfaces and make sure you're very flexible in the knee and hips
>>
>>40179790
You're an idiot
>>
>>40179817
no, you are
>>
>>40179842
he is right, you're an idiot.
>>
>>40179797
How did you get to full flexibility. Years later and my knee still screams if I go past a certain level.
>>
>>40179741
A torn fucking acl isn't like a sprained fucking knee.

Ice isn't going to heal a torn fucking ligament. It will at best help the swelling go down.

Do you understand.
That shit is a game changer.
Unless the Op is saying they have a partial tear instead of a full tear.

If it's a partial tear you can rest heal and slowly build strength and maintain mobility in the knee to strengthen what's left.
But my original suggestions still stand.
Unilateral leg work and investing in a good knee brace is what he's going to have to do for a while.
>>
>>40179544
I tore my ACL or meniscus (not sure which) when I was 14 in a fight. I've got full mobility and most of the time I'm pain free. The only problem, is ever since then my knee learnt a new direction to go in which is inwards and it's the worst fucking pain ever. it took me a long time to smarten up and avoid activities that make it happen. I'm surprised I didn't cause my leg to be unusable the amount of times I fucked it up doing something stupid and then being bed ridden for 3 days with a giant pillow under my knee and my knee the size of a baseball and filled with fluid. and then limping around like an idiot for 2 weeks.

i never got surgery but I built up a lot of strength around my legs so my knee rarely gives in now.
>>
>>40179544
A long ass time ago my Dad fucked his knee up real good playing soccer too. It'll take much more than a couple weeks to heal up my man. Basically what >>40179741
said. My dad is old as fuck and still does long distance running and cycling years after the injury. We're all gonna make it bro.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.