[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does burning fat depend on genetics at all? I know anyone can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: fat.jpg (72KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
72KB, 500x666px
Does burning fat depend on genetics at all? I know anyone can lose fat but can a certain person lose fat quicker just by having better genetics?
>>
>>40174507

Thyroid nigguh.
>>
To an extent. Even different cars burn fuel at different rates.
>>
>>40174507
Yes. Europeans store fat a lot easier than Blacks since it was more beneifical to do so (keep warm during winter + store food for cold winters, etc.

Variation within race is very small though, to the point that it isn't noticeable unless they have a medical condition.
>>
>>40174567
Between races, maybe but what about between individuals?
>>
>>40174567
I'm talking more so about individuals rather than race. I want to know if certain people can burn fat quicker than others. And if so, how fast can they?
>>
>>40174507
lipolysis of body fat, which proceeds beta-oxidation of fatty acids, is inhibited by high serum insulin. fetuses exposed to high level of insulin in the womb (due to mother having high serum insulin due to insulin resistance or diet) are born with accelerated insulin resistance. fed a standard american diet, these insulin resistant babies have a propensity to develop obesity and diabetes (which are actually symptoms of the same illness: hyperinsulemia). in this case, it is accurate to say that some people inherit impaired lipolysis capacity, which is necessary to "burn" body fat during periods of fasting, however this is probably not a "genetic" disadvantage in the sense most layman understand. insulin resistance is a gene expression that protects against hyperinsulemia, which is necessary to prevent organ tissue from being exposed to toxic levels of sugar.
>>
>>40174586
>>40174621
That's what I mean by 'within race'. Two individuals of the same race have very little difference unless one has an actual medical condition.
>>
>>40174621

Of course there are individual differences within a race.

It is fair to assume that most men and women exhibit a bell curve in amount of testosterone in their body. The humans that are on the higher end of the curve are more able to build muscle while keeping fat low (due to tests effects) while those on the lower end of the spectrum have more trouble in losing weight. This difference is naturally occuring in all races, and is a naturally occuring phenomenon in all living organisms. We cant all be the same, and there are some who just happen to have more or less.

Its a fact of life
>>
File: Genetics.jpg (106KB, 610x858px) Image search: [Google]
Genetics.jpg
106KB, 610x858px
>>40174621
Yes.
But it's been said that they burn about 100 calories more a day at rest.
That's really about it.

Unless you have like a genetic abnormality that just makes fat burning completely impossible no matter what you have fuck all to worry about when it comes to genetics

The real problem? Was if you were like really fat or obese as a child teen and young adult.
You have a lot of fatcells that will never go away. They are just there. They'll shrink like a motherfucker but they won't leave.

Even if you get them surgically removed? Your body will fill what fatcells you have with water and just split the fatcells you have till you have around the exact same amount you had before. IF you just pork up again after the surgery.

So, because of your bad early life or current life you'll have to deal with this forever. Sorry.
BUT it's not all bad. You can lose the weight with hard cutting consistent exercise and a good well thought out eating plan.
>>
Genetics only determine your shape and how you fill out. A fat curvy person who loses weight will remain curvy.

Wrecking your diet because of "genetic predisposition to sweets" is fat logic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.