[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too much social anxiety for gym I've given up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: iimdjeejt22y.png (41KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
iimdjeejt22y.png
41KB, 1280x1483px
>tfw too much social anxiety for gym

I've given up three times on the same gym because of this bullshit. I just want to lift weights, but i'm too poor for a home gym and calisthenics feels like it does nothing. How can i fucking stop caring?
>>
>>40173234
Realize nobody cares that you're there
>>
>>40173234
Join the xanny family cuz
>>
>>40173234
Work on little things like asking someone how many sets they have left.

Step 1: slightly raise your hand (not above your head, but in like a "hi" gesture) with a smile on your face to get their attention. (most people wear headphones).

once they notice you and you're smiling, just ask politely "how many sets do you have left" in a friendly manner.

that'll slowly get rid of your anxiety.
>>
>>40173234
I'm not gonna lie from the thumbnail this looked like wojak was going through the alps on his elephant and I got really excited.
>>
I had the same problem, OP. I found a gym near my job that only has old people and police officers. It helps, because there aren't 20 year old qts looking at me while I lift
>>
File: brain1.png (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
brain1.png
156KB, 1000x1000px
>>40173234
>tfw to smart to lift
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>40173234

let me ask you this OP, are you looking at every single and minor detail of every other lifter that's there beside you? can you remember what color shirts the people at the front desk were wearing?

probably not because you don't really care and you were worried about what other people were thinking about you

here's a secret: they weren't

if you haven't talked to anyone chances are most people don't even remember you walking into the gym

hell nobody even knows your name

get over yourself OP
>>
>>40173252
yeah that's not gonna help weightlifting
>>40173234
>they're autistic, not you
>why should you care about some autist's opinion?
>why would you try to impress some autist?
>maybe you'd value their opinion if they earned your respect
>YOU don't need to impress THEM, THEY need to impress YOU
>otherwise, they're losers to you
>you don't care about losers' opinions
restructure your social mechanisms anon
>>
>>40173234
If you're going to the gym I assume you want to better yourself. Consider the fact that getting better about anxiety is just as important if not more so than working out. Go to the gym as a way to get better at both, just force yourself to do it. Like everyone has said nobody cares. Once you've gotten in the routine of it you'll realize you never look at the other people either.
>>
>>40173234
Today I saw a fat neckbeard looking dude in the gym lifting weights by himself. Actually had to give mad respect for him since his form was pretty good. If he can do it, surely so can you.
>>
>>40175503
>TFW you were actually just watching OP
>>
>>40173258
>with a smile
I think if some dude walked up to me with a smile at the gym, it would be creepy as fuck. I'm a guy, I'm sure it'd be 100x creepier if I were a girl.

Just go up to them with a normal face. No need to force a fake ass smile.
>>
>>40173234
Literally everyone you have ever met is paying extra super close attention to you for no reason.

Not anyone else.
Just you.
Because we can smell the fear on you.

Or just fuckin grow up, this is why parents make their kids talk to other kids, or else this shit happens.
>>
>>40175537
>smiling at people is weird
european detected
>>
>>40173234
The more out of shape you are, the more respect you get for putting work in at the gym.

The only people who will give you shit are the people everyone else at the gym hates for being shitheads.

You will literally be respected more than the people you fear will judge you.

Good luck bro. If the journey was easy it wouldn't be worth taking. You can make it.
>>
>>40173234

>im too poor for a home gym

I literally bought a second hand 50kg free weight set with 2 db and a barbell and I use dining chairs + a beanbag for a bench, I've made more gains than most my mates who live in the gym, stop making pussy ass excuses.
>>
>>40173234
>How can i fucking stop caring
You simply DO IT.
Stop being a beta cuck.
Just stop.
>b-b-b-but I can't do it!
The only thing standing in your way is YOU. Not the gym, not anyone there, YOU.
You, you, YOU. Only YOU.
YOU are stopping yourself from succeeding.
YOU are fighting yourself.

Do you know why it's stupid to fight yourself? BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS LOSE, NO MATTER WHAT.

You. It's all YOU.

Just stop.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.