[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else slowly losing interest in lifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Ragnar2.jpg (5KB, 171x294px)
Ragnar2.jpg
5KB, 171x294px
I'm not shitting on lifting, for the last three years it's been an obsession of mine. But the last couple months I've been thinking about how little I care about my stats and shit. I've recently started doing alot of running and calisthenics and quite honestly, I much prefer it. Thinking of dropping lifting completely, but I just can't say goodbye to the gym.
Help me, /fit/
>>
>>40171778
Probably just grew up.
>>
>>40171778
I started injecting testosterone and all of a sudden I wanted to lift again.
>>
I always thought lifting was boring as fuck. I prefer playing sports and honestly just lift to perform better in them.
>>
>not making it: the thread
>>
>>40171778
>>40172085
Either do that or start competing in something lifting related.
Find some sport to do, or start powerlifting, or start prepping to compete in a bodybuilding show in a year or two. Just get yourself a goal to work towards and you'll find the motivation to lift again.
>>
Everyone goes through phases in their life. Everyones' interests are always changing because they want to find a new purpose in life.

There is no ultimate purpose in life, however, there are always new things to get good at and discover.

When you're young, you like to do physical activities.
>get old
>body limitations

move on to hiking, or ping pong, or golf.

you know what i mean?
get my drift anon? always search for new things. it's a way of life. if you're doing the same thing over and over and you dont like it, thats a waste.
>>
You'll be back eventually, and you'll regret taking a break when you do. Trust me.
>>
>>40171778
I did. Started lifting in Uni. i was having a lot of fun with it, was making decent progress, was proud of my lifts.
Last year of uni i made some pretty cool friends who were musicians and spent most of my time doing music related stuff. Then after that i moved to NYC and tried lifting for a month but just wasnt that into it. At the end of the day, its all excuses but i guess at the time i just felt there was other stuff id rather focus on.

Now im back home for a few months, pretty out of shape and im getting back into it. I think in your case its fine, i think its more detrimental if you dont do any sort of physical activity.

>>40173377
hit me right in the feels
>>
>>40173428
It happens to the best of us.
>>
>>40171778
Get into a sport and lift for that.
>>
File: tough-1930947.jpg (96KB, 700x972px) Image search: [Google]
tough-1930947.jpg
96KB, 700x972px
Yeah me, haven't been in a gym for 3 months now. I bought like 10kg of whey one month before that and 1kg of creatine...
I don't know, lifting became boring as fuck and the fact that I'm already bored during the whole day by classes doesn't make me want to feel more boredom.
I just fighting sports, these are much much funnier. You interract with people, you actually get stronger, it has a purpose (defend yourself), the atmosphere healthier and I just like that way more than lifting.
And lifting left me with a few injuries that I doubt will ever heal. And that sucks. (Completly my fault tough)

I really need to get back to it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.