[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DON'T FALL FOR THE /FIT/ MEME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 14

File: 9512428.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9512428.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>finally hit 4pl8 dead, 3pl8 squat, 2pl8 bench, and 1pl8 overhead press @ 6'1 200lbs
>all the sudden my confidence has changed
>feeling so good about myself, feeling strong, alpha. Like I could take anyone. Start wearing nicer fitting clothes, groom myself more.
>Guys start looking at me more. I can tell they're jealous and insecure around me
>all the sudden girls start noticing me out in public
>feeling /fit/ as fuck
>decide I wanna be even more alpha and fit
>did a free drop in at a boxing gym last night
>the pre-warm up was 20 minutes of skipping
>my calves crammed up after 5 minutes
>I couldn't keep a good pace going
>the rope kept getting tangled around my legs
>okay, that's fine, no big deal. I was used to skip in gym class in elementary school.
>we get to the next warm up exercise
>100 situps, 50 pushups, 100 Squats
>Everyone around me finished doing all 3 before I even finished 100 situps. We moved on, the guy said I didn't have to finish
>embarrassing.jpg
>the next warmup which we immediately jumped into was those foot work drills like ladders and these mini hurdle things
>my fucking lungs and calves couldn't take it. I was wheezing and my muscles were locking up
>I felt so slow
>I had to sit out for a few minutes and this 160lb 5'8 dweeb came up to me and asked if I was okay
>>
>I felt like saying "YEAH I'M OKAY YOU FUCKING MANLET CUNT LEAVE ME ALONE" but I simply nodded and kept it short so he would leave me alone
>The last warmup was hitting the bag for 5 minutes.
>On paper that sounds easy, but the way they wanted you to hit it was all out 100% aggressive power shots
>I couldn't fucking keep this up for a single minute. I'm serious. My arms where sore from the pushups and my stamina was killed from everything else
>The 5 minutes was finally over. I was fucking drained. Like the warmup is harder than my workouts I've spent doing for 2 years? I gotta say. My ego was a little hurt and my confidence took an even bigger hit
>I decided this wasn't for me, and while everyone was getting their drinks having a quick break, I snuck to the changeroom, and quickly snuck out out the door
>Fucking embarrassing. I'm 100% sure they saw me, but I didn't turn around, and I didn't look back
>I will never go back again

Fuck you /fit/. You lied to me. You told me I would get /fit/ from reading the sticky, from dieting. You told me I would be alpha and manly. So why the fuck did I just feel like a completely helpless slog around a group of 150-170lb manlets? What the fuck?
>>
>>40170472
You sound like a bit of a softcock, m8
Saged
>>
>Never do cardio
>bad at cardio

REALLY GOT MY NOGGIN JOGGIN.
>>
>>40170472
Thats what you get for avoiding cardio
>>
>>40170472
What's with fit's aversion to cardio? Has no one here ever been in the military?
>>
>>40170514
>>40170518
>>40170528
I DID 30 MINUTES OF CARDIO TWICE A WEEK ON OFF DAYS YOU FUCKING MORONS
>>
It's called conditioning. You have none.
>>
>>40170535
Walking doesn't count
>>
>>40170535
Thirty minutes of what?

Jogging at a bitch pace?
>>
>200 fucking lbs and deadlifts 4 plates
>OP thinks he is strong

OP, those manlets are propably also stronger than you.
>>
>>40170555
>>40170569
30 MINUTES OF RUNNING UP A HIKING TRIAL NEAR MY HOUSE. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN /FIT/

WRONG AGAIN
>>
>>40170535
You are obviously not fit.
>>
>>40170596
i'd advise you to grow some balls and go train again
>>
Cardio not much of a meme now huh
>>
>>40170472
>people who never do cardio exist

I am lmaoing at you so fucking hard rn dude you should be embarassed as fuck.

Keep doing it though, you can only get better from here.
>>
>>40170472

We got another one, boys!
>>
>>40170596
Half an hour really isn't a whole lot honestly. Especially if it's only twice a week.
>>
>>40170472
Maybe you should learn how to actually be confident instead of needing to be the best and have others feel insecure around you.
You sound like a real fag from the way you talk and insult people who are being friendly to you
>>
>>40170472
>200lbs

yer fat lad
>>
>get good at lifting weights
>do minimal if any cardio
>go to a class of a sport that is 90% cardio and coordination
>"BROS WHY IS THIS SO HARD /fit/ LIED TO ME"
Hurr durr. Good thing you bitched out before they got to sparring, or else that 5'8 160lb dweeb would have taken a massive shit on whatever confidence you had left.
>>
>>40170662
>implying you have good cardio

>>40170730
8% bf

>>40170745
If it was wrestling that little dweeb would be crushed.
>>
>>40170701
this so much

I also believe OP's story is true because this is what happened to me when I started martial arts and it's what I see happening to every big dude who starts doing it

strength and size are completely different things from cardio, power, kinesthetic sense and lactic acid removal (not sure if this last term is correct, more like anaerobic endurance)
>>
Just keep going. You will feel even better when you can both lift and power through that boxing workout.

There's also not many things that build more bro-dom than sparring. You have nothing to prove to anyone, just go there, get even fitter and have some fun.

Also the guy who goes check on you is the broest of them all, treasure that kind of dude.
>>
>>40170596
That's not even enough to warm most boxers up before the real cardio starts. Just sounds like you underestimated people who workout for reasons besides getting big.
>>
>>40170730
DYEL detected. Shoo shoo spookey skeletal!
>>
>>40170472
I'm 5'7" 155lbs and stronger than you. You're pathetic.
>>
>>40170472
OP why do you care if you can't do gay boxing shit it's literally just cardio. it's like complain you can't run a marathon when all you do is lift heavy ass fucking weights
>>
>>40170769
We do approximately 1.5 hours of cardio for rowing every other day.

/fit/, don't skip the cardio. If you can't find motivation or find it boring join a sport. Worried about your gains? Eat more. All the benefits in heart and endurance, none of the weight loss
>>
>>40170745
this poster right here
>>
>>40170745
> Good thing you bitched out before they got to sparring, or else that 5'8 160lb dweeb would have taken a massive shit on whatever confidence you had left.
that would have been perfect
>>
>>40170769
A wrestler would tool you around even worse. At least with a boxer you have a chance of getting a lucky shot in after you gas out 30 seconds into the first round and he stops taking you seriously. But at least you can dl 4pl8 bro, good job :^)
>>
Post body
>>
>>40170596
>thinking a 30 minute jog is enough to compete with athletes
>thinks he'll just show up and style on everyone there

lmao, you should have just stuck with it,
If your precious ego is damaged so easily you should just give up lifting entirely

t.Rugby player
>>
>>40170472
>finally hit 4pl8 dead, 3pl8 squat, 2pl8 bench, and 1pl8 overhead press @ 6'1 200lbs

not only are you probably just lying about all this shit, if this story even actually happened you're guaranteed just fat either way
>>
File: file.png (125KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
125KB, 375x375px
>>40170472
>>
>>40170474
maybe do cardio then retard. even once a week is ok
>>
>>40170870
try and run up a steep incline hill for 30 minutes

I bet you could barely run 30 minutes on a flat surface. lmao
>>
File: 1309141644559.png (48KB, 682x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1309141644559.png
48KB, 682x1180px
>>40170934

Doing a 30 minute jog (you don't run, you jog, you don't need to lie to me) a handful of times a week is the lifting equivalent of a high rep brosplit for 30 minutes 3 times a week then wondering why you can't outlift the local powerlifters

to answer your snarky reddit reply I do pic related for two days and have a 2.5-3 hour practices 3 days a week, and practice involves lots and lots of sprinting

Cardio to keep your heart from exploding is not the same as athletic cardio

>I bet you could barely run 30 minutes on a flat surface. lmao
Did you miss this part?
>t.Rugby player
If you showed up at my practice you would leave during the warm ups, crying, again just like in your boxing adventure
>>
>>40170472
maybe if you did cardio your conditioning wouldn't be so poor...
>>
>>40170472
Sounds like a poorly thought out conditioning program. Don't waste your money or time there again OP.
>>
>>40170472
>Following /fit/ advice
>Thinking anything other than attitude can make you less of a beta bitch.
Fuckin idiot.

Chances are that if any of those guys who were smoking you in the boxing gym tried to OHP/Bench/squat/diddle a fraction of 1/2/3/4 they would hurt themselves.

Fitness is usually specialized but now that you've gotten pretty good at one aspect you can maintain and focus on other aspects of /fit/ness

30 minutes of cardio a week is literally old lady fitness

2/10 For making me reply to this bait.
>>
>>40170960
>Plyometrics and HIIT
This. Rugby bro knows his shit.
>>
File: 1479849457712.gif (142KB, 1221x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1479849457712.gif
142KB, 1221x1007px
>>40170472
AHAHAHAHA

FAGGOT

>MUH HEIGHT
>MUH COUNTING CALORIES
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (147KB, 700x421px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
147KB, 700x421px
>>40170472

Blaming /fit/ for being greedy about fitness and alpha.

Tough shit Anon. Yours is a story anyone who has ever picked up a children's book has heard hundreds of times before.
>>
>>40170535
You're still 200lbs and that sounds like a fucking retarded warm-up anyway. You don't need that much shit to get warm.
>>
>>40170472
Sorry bro, those numbers arent cool anymore. You need a 6 plate deadlift, 5 plate squat, 3 plate bench.
>>
>>40170514

>Fuck you /fit/
>Win World's Strongest Man
>Get BTFO at World's Fastest Man
>/fit/ is a meme
>>
File: 1442711263772.gif (171KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442711263772.gif
171KB, 375x375px
>>40170883
Here's an improved version anon
>>
>>40170474
Because you're a stupid faggot.
>>
>>40170474
>I decided this wasn't for me, and while everyone was getting their drinks having a quick break, I snuck to the changeroom, and quickly snuck out out the door

You waste of space! Being /fit/ isn't about giving up when it gets a little hard. Dude, just give everything up, don't even try.
>>
>>40170960
weak af desu. I bet you're one of those tiny Rugby manlet players that tells everyone he plays Rugby

you'd gas the fuck out running up a hill.

btfo. I'm not OP btw. lmao. you're a fucking moron
>>
>>40170472
Boxing is notoriously exhausting in its training. It's unlikely that the majority of those guys could keep up with one of YOUR strength-based workouts. Different goals, different disciplines. Just don't jump off the horse yet, maybe this could be a new challenge for you now that you've reached the fabled 1/2/3/4. It would take some real fucking balls to go back again after walking out, and rather than being shameful, you'd probably just find nothing but respect there
>>
>>40170960
This. OP's buff fatass got fucking obliterated. Thanks for the infograph, rugboy. I've always been sketchy about HIIT because it just seemed to complicated but I'll probably save this to keep in mind for my cardio rest days.
>>
>>40171036
Ross Enamait, the guy who wrote infinite intensity, is a pro boxer who does mostly calisthenics and he Deadliftet nearly 500 pounds his first time ever trying it.
>>
>>40170769
> 8% body fat 200 lbs

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=8%25+body+fat+200+pounds

Keep dreaming, OP.
>>
>>40170535
>30 minutes a week
lmao, even 30 minutes every other day is not good enough.
>>
>>40170960
interesting cardio routine

If I follow your drills will I increase my sprint speed/explosiveness and gain some leg muscles?

Also. Do you squat? If so, how do you fit it in your schedule?
>>
>>40171251
so how much should you do cardio when you squat 3 days a week and sometimes deadlift twice a week?
>>
>>40170472
>lift weights to gain strength
>spend nearly all of the time exercising on building strength (at least six times more time spent lifting than performing cardio)
>can't do cardio/endurance work
>gets mad that he can't do cardio, proclaims everything to be a lie

There are different types of fitness. If I told you I was going to become the world's best pianist ever, wouldn't you be right to call me an idiot for spending 600% more time practicing the didgeridoo than the piano?
>>
>>40170934
>Running for 30 minutes. "Uphill."
>can't skip rope for 5 minutes.

OK bud
>>
File: ytho.jpg (69KB, 700x810px) Image search: [Google]
ytho.jpg
69KB, 700x810px
>does strength training
>gains strength and muscle
>gets mad because he didn't gain stamina
>>
>>40171323
Skipping rope is harder when you have shit rhythm and coordination.
>>
>>40170535
Well you don't do enough obviously, if you're getting rekt by fucking footwork drills.
>>
>>40171319
Run 5 days a week for 30 minutes.
Sore buttocks and back is no excuse for not running.
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>40170472
did you really expect to have mastered something in less than one session? you weigh 200 pounds faggot those things are harder for you to do. the whole point of having you do those is to work up your endurance to be able to. now get back there and fucking complete that session. no one will judge you infact they will probably respect your choice to go back after that embarassing display. go or fucking kys
>>
>>40171380
it literally says it strong lifts that cardio is irrelevant and doing it will will decrease your strength gains.

I guess if you squat 135lbs like you you can run 5 days a week for 30 minutes, but those of us squatting 400lbs+ 3 days a week need the rest days.
>>
>>40171408
Hey if you want to be a strongman but run out of breath going up a flight of stairs because you're 265 lbs and you fear the treadmill, thats on you.
You're strong but don't expect people to call you fit or healthy, because it isn't.
>>
>>40170474
>power shots
>warm up
>>
>>40171381
This guy gets it. Very inspiring post. Idk why but the right mix of degredation and got get em enthusiasm pumps me up. I'm not op btw.
>>
>>40171472
Pretty much this desu.

Cardio and muscular gains complement each other up to a point, but past that point of equilibrium one or the other will suffer.
>>
>>40171528
>the way they wanted you to hit it was all out 100% aggressive power shots
They probably just demonstrated punching a heavy bag with proper form and OP mistook it for a "power shot".
>>
FUCKERS

bench those manlets
>>
>>40170472
Those numbers are pretty weak.
Sub bodyweight OHP
Barely bodyweight bench
Barely 1.5 bodyweight squat
Sub 2 bodyweight deadlifts.

Stop being a little bitch and do some actual cardio on your days off
>>
/fit/ is forum for getting fucking huge and aesthetic to get mires, not for becoming the best athlete in the world
if u wanna be a complex athlete then run and do various sports
common sense
>>
>>40171135
Boxing is fucking dumb. I went once they made you do crunches while some goon punched you in the abs. No thanks I'll just buy a gun.
>>
>>40171235
No he didn't.
>>
>>40170472
do you even run?
>>
>>40172479
this, another DYER faggot
>>
>>40170801
>Heavy ass fucking weights

I imagined giant iron dildos with kettlebell handles
>>
>>40171408
>cardio kills gains
it's just science bro
>need a fucking day to rest after sitting down and standing back up a few times
weak sauce mate, the fucking sauce is fucking weak
>irrelevant
do you want to be fit, or do you want to be /fit/? they're two different things, and you should've realized that in the time it took you to able to lift that much
if you want to be ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY FIT, you need to do cardio and endurance training along with resistance training
>>
>>40171408
The guy who wrote stronglifts is renowned for being an idiot.

Rip advises you to do prowler and hiit a day or two a week.
>>
>>40172212
I took boxing and I've developed some fighting skills and an appreciation for practitioners. You realize how unfair a real fight between you and an untrained noob would be.
It takes patience and determination to get good at anything.
>>
>>40170596
>there are 168 hours in a week
>you spent maybe one of them doing minor conditioning

Weird how getting good at one thing doesn't automatically make you just as good at everything tangentially related to it.
>>
>not doing hard cardio every off day
not gon' make it brah
>>
Jesus christ, after squatting 315 you didn't develop any mental discipline you fucking pussy, being shit at something new is fine, but being a little bitch will never be nut up and go back if you wanna do it. When brett favre got fucking mullered repeatedly, you think he didnt want to quit, but he kept going becuase he had some mental toughness and didnt wanna lose his job
>>
>>40170535
That's shit cardio senpai
>>
>>40170934
>thinks a rugby player can't run up a hill
>doesn't know rugby players spend 80 minutes running across a field with other rugby players hanging off them
>>
>>40170472
>being this much of a whiny bitch
go back and try again. Keep doing it till you get better.
>>
>>40170472
babbyweight for your size
>>
>>40170474
>>40170472
It's almost as if bodybuilding training and boxing training are completely different things!

You sound like a massive fucktard and should just kill yourself
>>
>>40170960
This guy knows whats up.
>t. rugger
>>
>>40170596
yeah but you're gay lol how does that feel?
>>
>>40170474

You sound like you have huge ego problems. Wish you wouldve got to sparring so that little manlet had a chance to knock some humbleness into you.
>>
File: Shrugging_chick_1.jpg (45KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Shrugging_chick_1.jpg
45KB, 640x426px
Its amazing how training for strength is different than training for stamina and speed.

Go the fuck back to the boxing gym and expand your horizons and learn to fight instead of wimping out because waaaah its too hard.
>>
>>40170472
>1pl8 ohp at 200lbs
Oh yeah
Real fit
>>
>>40170472
>>40170474

>waaah why didn't weight training prepare me for cardio and muscular endurance

I hope this story is true you absolute moron
>>
>>40170472
>not doing cardio because of a meme
>expecting to have any endurance

It's like putting a golf cart motor in a muscle car. Might look alright but it's not going anywhere.
>>
>why wasn't i up to the same standard of fitness as everyone else on my very first try?

What did he mean by this?
>>
You'd be surprised how little time would it take to catch up to these guys in terms of stamina.
>>
>>40170472
Kickboxer here. I love it when bodybuilders enter our gym all smug. Sometimes I practice with one of them and I hit much faster and harder as well. You can see their ego breaking when a 180 lbs guy hits harder. They try to match me, but their movements seem to require so much effort for a single punch and yet they still do not match my punching power. That is when cardio comes into play. They can't keep up the pace. They get that look in their eyes like something bad is happening to them. They don't know what happened, they've never been so deep. And than we start kicking. Their huge muscular legs can't take low kicks. They have bad kicking mechanics and their gigantic legs cost them too much energy to bring up to even waist height. Their kicks are pathetic. All that power in those legs and they can't take a semi-hard low kick for warming-up. When kicked to the body they make silly noises. Than the coach gives me that smirk and gives me a decent guy to train with. The 220 lbs bodybuilder is now doing some light work with some 120lbs teenager in the corner. he is mentally completely crushed and we've just finished warming-up. His smugness gone, he won't come back another time. He retreats back to the safety of the gym.
>>
>>40177838
>look at him, this guy probably lifts weights and he dared to come to OUR gym
>we HAVE to CRUSH him
>let's swing the HARDEST KICKS over his head
>let's look at him as he struggles through our routine because of his beginner's stamina and coordination
>LET'S FUCKING BRUSH IT IN HIS FACE
>FUCKING FAGGOT, HOW DARE YOU HAVING MUSCLES WITHOUT BEING A KICKBOXER
>>
>>40177838
How can you know he was being smug? You were smug yourself. You sure you werent projecting on the poor fella?
>>
>>40170472
>>40170474
None of this happened.
Assuming in some alternate reality it did, you're a dumbass little bitch boy.
>>
>>40170474
>>40170472
>he fell for the no cardio meme
>>
>>40170769
I promise you my 5'8 160 lb ass could man handle you like a little bitch in "wrestling."
>2017
>Not training Jiu-jitsu
>>
>>40178953
If youre not alsogetting a cardio workout from lifting you've been doing it wrong... So wrong
>>
>>40178953
>>40170769
Be real, if youre a city dweller theres no need to train your cardio beyond what's necessary to improve your lifts.

Unnecessarily wearing out your knees through needless cardio is fucking dumb. Not to mention a bunch of other things e.g. Premature aging, muscle degradation.

Its hardly worth the trouble for bragging rights. Absolute waste of time
>>
>>40179040
Care to show any old or current powerlifters without fucked joints horrible health or drastically shortened lives?
Just a question.
>>
>>40179066
Lmao... Who said anything about powerlifting? Lets not take extreme examples here.
>>
>>40170474
>>40170472
>b...b...but muh power and strength!!
Dumbass who didn't focus at all on endurance.
>>
>>40179084
Dude, you just brought up an extreme example to shit on the very idea of cardio.

Okay, show me a weekend warrior who ego lifts who doesn't have any old lifting injuries.
>>
>>40170535
>TWICE A WEEK
YOURE PROBABLY JUST LIGHT JOGGING TOO CMON
>>
>>40179040
>Be real
>Unnecessarily wearing out your knees through needless cardio is fucking dumb.
Oh boy, this broscience shit again from faggots who are afraid to run long distance.

http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/osteoarthritis-in-runners
http://www.everydayhealth.com/news/what-joint-docs-say-about-running/
http://www.npr.org/2011/03/28/134861448/put-those-shoes-on-running-wont-kill-your-knees
http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1948208,00.html
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/why-runners-dont-get-knee-arthritis/?_r=0
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2008/08/12/3-myths--and-1-truth--about-running-and-your-health

Tl;dr--it helps your knees out and runners have less arthritis in the knees later in life. Do your fucking cardio.
>>
>>40179107
>ego lifts who doesn't have any old lifting injuries.
>ego lifts
The problem was ego lifting, nothing else. I mean its quite funny how you just answered your own question.

And heres nothing extreme about doing the typical cardio whereas both your examples were both extreme and plain stupid.
>>
>>40179130
I bet i can come back after some googling myself and prove you wrong.

What is confirmation bias?
>>
>>40179138
>And heres nothing extreme about doing the typical cardio whereas both your examples were both extreme and plain stupid.

You used the extremes of what you thought out of shape or high level runners went through to scare people away from cardio

I used the same extremes for lifters.

You got absolutely ass ravaged.
Then I brought up the bog standard average fucking person that would even consider lifting heavily and not being a fucking powerlifter or strength trainer and you STILL fucking consider this an extreme.

Lifting can be dangerous so can running. Pretending otherwise is what absolute fucking idiots or shills do.
>>
>>40179255
>You used the extremes of what you thought out of shape or high level runners went through to scare people away from cardio
feel free to quote where i said this. Whats st? You cant? I infact said
>typical cardio
Do you want to go through the semantics of what typical cardio entails to save face too?
Let me reiterate because you clearly have a problem with holding information together.
>if youre a city dweller theres no need to train your cardio beyond what's necessary to improve your lifts.
Oh heck, you know what ill make it even more specific for you since youre so retarded.

In the context of ops post and /fit/ board culture of weight lifting as opposed to cardio, cardio beyond what's necessary to improve your lifts is unnecessary.

You want to be the "all-rounder" guy? Great, go to a crossfit forum.
>>
>>40179210
>google "cardio ruins gains"
>all of them bodybuilding sites who say cardio is not necessary
>upon further reading, they had shit form, did heel striking, and injured themselves thus "cardio ruins your knees"
I can say the same with deadlifts. Does me doing them with shit form and getting injured a shit exercise? Fuck no. If you do it properly, you have zero issues. Stop making excuses.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 785x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 785x412px
>>40170472

>50 push-ups
>at 200 lbs

Wow, what a mystery!

This idiot wonders why his 225 lb one rep max doesn't translate to approximately 6,000 lbs of volume.

*facepalm*

Add volume or work capacity training.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 1210x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 1210x690px
>>40170596

>trains RUNNING endurance

>wonders why he doesn't have push-up, sit-up, and squat endurance

What is specificity of training for $100 Alex?
>>
>>40179255
see>>40179040
>Unnecessarily wearing out your knees through needless cardio is fucking dumb. Not to mention a bunch of other things e.g. Premature aging, muscle degradation.

Did you say this?
>>
>>40179341
>crossfit
>all around fitness
I hope you meant all around injuries and shit form.
>>
>>40171408

>it literally says in strong lifts...

Stronglifts is stupid routine:

- starts out with ridiculously high squat volume
- no verticle pulls
- no power movements
- solution to stalling is to decrease sets and reps
- above solution is just "peaking" and not really progress

Also, if you truly had been doing Stronglifts to a 315 lb squat, you would at least be doing 3 sets of 3 at the end. That should be more than enough to translate to 100 unweighted squats.
>>
>>40179448
>stop making excuses
Except i wasn't. Only cardio beyond improving your lifts (NOT LIMITED TO POWERLIFTING, using caps so you remmeber it better) is pointless. I've said this for the third time, sad isnt it that you can't grasp it
>>
>>40179723
Read the first paragraph. That had been my main point the entire time. Don't pick off the weaker ones to save your petty e-ego.
>>
>>40179773
Hey, If you want to be the all rounder guy go ahead. But there are pleny of appropriate forums and discussion avenues for those who aspire all round fitness far better suited than /fit/.
>>
>>40179852
And to emphasize the thing where you are wrong by saying:
>wearing out your knees
My point is that no, you won't wear your knees out. People who say this are shit at cardio and are doing i with shitty form just like the majority of runners who heel-strike.
>>
>>40179938
Way to be autistic and not notice the joke. You might want to focus on social gains instead of muscle gains.
>>
>>40170772
kek
>broest of them all
i love you anon
>>
>>40179988
>heel strike
Another thing, heel striking is generally okay for beginners because most runners have enough cushion in them. You giving shit for heel striking elitist nonsense
>>
>>40180013
A poorly timed insult. Ooo, no anon.
>>
>>40180040
Heel strikers have the highest rate of injuries. That is not okay no matter the amount of cushion or running level. That's excusing shit form. It has nothing to do with "elitism". The only benefit from heel-striking is that it uses less energy.
>>
>>40170798
lol gud job manlet
>>
>>40170472

How long did it take you to reach these glorious 4/3/2/1 stats?
>>
>>40179040
Why do I have to be a hillbilly to have good cardio?
Also you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>40170472
>>40170474
Listen up, dumbass OP:

Boxing is a POWER sport, and a POWER sport is a combination of STRENGTH and ENDURANCE.

99.999% of all the faggots that hang around /fit/ (assuming they even lift, that is) are here for 'aesthetics', meaning they don't give a fuck about endurance, or even actual fitness, THEY JUST WANT TO LOOK GOOD because they think that's going to get them laid constantly (of course they're completely WRONG but we'll leave that for now). They shun all things 'aerobic' because it 'kills their gains' (or so they think). What you end up with is musclebound narcisists with attitudes like Elliott Rogers.

If you want to box, YOU NEED ENDURANCE, and I mean AEROBIC ENDURANCE, not what you THINK is 'muscular endurance'. Boxers do road work (i.e. THEY RUN). They also strength train, and NOT FOR 'AESTHETICS', for PERFORMANCE. As such boxers are some of the most ACTUALLY FIT people you'll ever meet. They'd run circles around 99.999% of /fit/, *AND* beat the shit out of them, too.

You want to be actually FIT, and not just /fit/? Train for boxing. Keep going to that boxing gym, have it kick your ass for a while, IMPROVE, then come back here and see what a bunch of preening, posing pussies 99.999% of /fit/ is.

Bottom line: Training for an actual sport is ALWAYS better than the useless shit that 99.999% of /fit/ 'trains' for. They may as well just get plastic surgery, hang out on /fa/, and call it a day.
>>
>>40171472
This

Just do some fucking cardio. If you are worried about gain than do rowing or bike
>>
>Fucking embarrassing. I'm 100% sure they saw me, but I didn't turn around, and I didn't look back

I'm so happy I went on today. Gonna copy this for next month.
>>
>>40180895
Anaerobic, muscle endurance is important.
Also, power = the most strength brought to bear in the shortest amount of time.
>>
>>40170472
Those stats aren't even good and won't make you look like you lift unless you're a manlet. And even if you are a manlet, those stats indicate that you are competent but not great.
>>
>>40170960

OP fucks off. This guy is correct

t. another rugby bro
>>
I dare you..I FUCKING DARE YOU..to not be a pussy.

Go again. Tell the instructor and whoever else talks to you that you were surprised at your lack of fitness for this exercise but you want to get better. Bust your ass in class. Take breaks when needed. FINISH THE CLASS.

Then go again. And again. And again. It's a fucking gym. You can't just go once and say, "Shit. I can't do that." Persistence.

Go for three months, at least twice a week, preferably 3x. Then report back here and tell us if you still can't hack it.
>>
File: 1432472862940.jpg (211KB, 805x945px) Image search: [Google]
1432472862940.jpg
211KB, 805x945px
>>40170472
>>40170474
>/fit/ gets BTFO by actual fitness
This shit is the funniest I've read in a long time.
>>
>>40177838
ur a petty bitch lmao
>>
>>40170472
>2x bw deadlift
>>
>I will never go back again

You're not /fit/.You've learned absolutely nothing.
>>
>>40170472
>THEY JUST WANT TO LOOK GOOD because they think that's going to get them laid constantly (of course they're completely WRONG but we'll leave that for now

not sure why the awkward yelling,

but this is nonsense. i have way more attention+options since i started to get bigger and more muscular.
>>
>>40177838
>I do kickboxing
>I'm instantly cooler than everyone else who is trying for their first time

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>40177838
>180lbs is "small"

what the fuck is our reality.
>>
>>40183881
Steroids and supplements friend.
>>
>do nothing but strength training for years
>go to a sport that has nothing to do with strength and everything with endurance
>can't keep up

imagine this:
>some marathon runner who has trained nothing but endurance for years comes into your gym
>he sees you bench 225 pounds for reps
>he loads up 225 pounds and gets on the bench
>the bar comes crushing down on his chest
>he can't even get out without help
>gets super embarassed and mad about not being able to bench 2 plate for reps on his first day in the gym

that's essentially what you did, just the other way round. these boxers have been doing high intensity endurance training for years - as a newbie it is physically impossible for you to keep up with them.
>>
File: pls respond.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pls respond.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>40180895
Would you happen to have a newfag routine?
>>
>>40170472
Pro-tip, your body gets better at what you do. If you train to be slow, you'll be slow.
>>
>commit to a str build
>go to a dex competition
>get fucked up

Whoa who would've guessed
>>
>>40177838
Enjoy Parkinson's

>t. BJJ
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.