[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reaching mac heart rate while jogging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: rotund-man-running.png (178KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
rotund-man-running.png
178KB, 400x275px
Hi /fit/.
Fat /pol/ack here who decided to start exercising and turn his life around.

The problem is, I am so out of shape that I can't jog for more than 2 minutes - my resting heart is around 95 and while I jog it goes up to around 180. It got really high today and I almost fainted.

Should I be worried and start off slower, or should I continue in the hopes that my heart will get better?

Also a smoker, so lungs aren't in the best shape

Pls help a fatty out.
>inb4 kys
>>
>>40169768
Bump
>>
Dude if that's the case you're not ready for jogging.

Get your diet under control and cut til you're a reasonable weight. Walk until that point, then do a couch-to-5k program.

And quit smoking. If you don't have the willpower to knock that shit off, you might as well kill yourself.

1/10 for getting me to reply. Weak bait but I'm killing time.
>>
File: couch-to-5k.jpg (101KB, 554x1113px) Image search: [Google]
couch-to-5k.jpg
101KB, 554x1113px
>>40169896
As he said.
>>
>>40169768
if your fat DO NOT jog, you're gonna fuck your knees
walk around, do elliptical, stairmaster, walk uphill, go swimming. these are much easier on the knees
>>
>>40169768
Don't exercise.

Just change your diet.

Read the sticky on that.
>>
>>40169768
Eat less and do light cardio, walk, swim, bike.
>>
>>40169952
>>40169896
I don't think I'm fat enough to fuck up my knees. I am about 112 kg at 6' height.

Atm on cardio days doing 2 min jog and 8 min incline walk.

>>40169933
Thanks, I'll see if i can change to this routine.
>>
stop smoking and start eating well. diet is more important than excersize in burning fat and smoking is a degenerate hobby
>>
>>40169768
I suggest that you first stop smoking.
Secondly eat less. No I'm not bullshitting you. EAT LESS.
Just not drinking anything except water and up to a gallon a day of it will see almost instant changes in your fat ass body.
Lastly, you're too goddamned fat too run.
Walk for 30min-1hour a day and get off your ass and move more. Most of your calories are burned when you do things that AREN'T exercising.
Did you know that?
It and having no idea about what calories are is what seperates the people who are all I CANT GAIN ANYWEIGHT NO MATTER WHAT and the people who are all I EAT A CARROT STICK AND GAIN 15 POUNDS!
>>
Smoke while you run so your blood vessels stay relaxed.

Eat while you lift so it helps clear the lactic acid.
>>
>>40169979
>I am about 112 kg at 6' height.
you're too fat for it.

only walk for 2 minutes each day and increase it by 30 seconds after 2 days.

read the sticky on diet, without a proper diet you're fucked for life.
>>
Swimming really helped for me, no impact and the fat keeps you afloat, until you start loosing weight and being lazy in the water gets harder and harder.
>>
Former fatty. 253 lbs down to 175~ now

First off, I encourage you to stop smoking because of how terrible it is for you.

You'll start by limiting all of the calories that you DRINK. This is soda, juice, gatorage, teas (snapple), milkshakes. You should only drink water, hot tea, and coffee. Don't beat yourself up if you have a sugary drink every couple of days - it is a hard habit to kick. Drink a lot of water, you are probably mildly dehydrated and will benefit from increased fluid intake.

This alone will help you drop some weight and feel better in general.

Next is exercise. Don't try to jog, just go for extended walks 2+ miles at a time. Throw on your headphones and try to enjoy it. If you try jogging or running, you might seriously fuck up your joints or shins. I made this mistake and when I got hurt I reverted back into my old unhealthy habits.

If you feel up for it, start lifting weights. I recommend something simple like starting strength because it is easy to stick with and you will see noticeable progress in strength within a short period of time. If you don't want to lift weight or can't, start a routine of stretching for 20 minutes a day at home. Then do some push ups. Shoot for 50 over the course of the day, then increase it as you feel comfortable. You can do this with 10 sets of 5, 25 sets of 2, or whatever you can manage.

The last step, which should be the first step but is often the hardest to change, is your diet. Immediately cut out any fast food and artificial snacks like potato chips, cheez its, cookies, etc. Substitute with fruit, veggies, cook real burgers at home, cook chicken, basically anything that isn't made with artificial ingredients is the way to go. Again, if you slip up and have a handful of chips once a week don't stress; it's hard to kick habits but in due time you'll stop craving them.
>>
>>40169768
The most important thing to do is change your eating habits. Losing weight and getting fit isn't just going to the gym and watching what you eat, you have to change as a person. You can't just do this for 6 months and quit.
>>
>>40170142
so far i have managed to cut out most drinks - i've only slipped up with a diet coke.

The diet is the hardest to manage - I'm a student and live in student halls, so no kitchen for me. I try to eat mostly salads, fruits and buy chicken foods, like grilled piri piri for example.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.