[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I prevent this nigger pain from happening? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: A00407F01[1].jpg (10KB, 200x222px) Image search: [Google]
A00407F01[1].jpg
10KB, 200x222px
How the fuck do I prevent this nigger pain from happening? I want to train running hard but every time no matter how gradually I increase the training, I get shin splints and I pretty much have to take anything from two weeks to a month rest
>>
Google how to barefoot run. You can do it in regular shoes, but nodrop/minimal footware will help get the correct stride down.

Basically: don't push off with your feet, lift up from the quads and fall forward onto the ball of your foot. Use your calves as a spring upon contact. When you the ball of your foot makes contact, the rest of the foot follows.
>>
File: 4Steps_Running.jpg (257KB, 720x755px) Image search: [Google]
4Steps_Running.jpg
257KB, 720x755px
>>40169695
>>
Get proper shoes and maybe some insoles
>>
>>40169641
Do you heel strike? This was causing a lot of my shin splint issues. Cutting my speed and reducing my stride distance helped a lot with my form.
How fast are you building up your running base? 10% is the most you can safely increase your weekly mileage.
>>
>>40169641
I had to stretch calves, mostly.

This is what I did: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Best-Calf-Stretches-3102547#photo-3102547

I pull my toes back when I do the stretch on the ground, though (with my hands, when I lean forward).

I also kneel with the front of my ankle to the ground. Toes curled down. Then I lean back a bit, just not enough to pull my knees apart. Just enough to stretch my tendon.

I hold all of these for at least 30 seconds. (10 seconds is not long enough for me to see results YMMV)
>>
>>40169641
I had this when I weighted a little bit too much and started to play soccer (with real soccer shoes) after not doing cardio for a year
it fucked up my legs for 6 weeks
>>
>>40169641
screw stretching what you need to do is to change how you run.
-Dont land with the feet in front of ou. They should land right under your body. it will feel like youre taking shorter steps.
-Try landing on the balls of your toes. Heel strike doesnt have to be bad, but having more than one way of running can help to hinder shin splints or wear and tear.
-Run on shoft surfaces. like grass and dirt. Avoid asphalt.

If all of these fail then take a small break and try to reintroduce running, slowly. Start slow, use correct technique and SLOWLY build up milage.
>>
>>40169951
Yeah the jump from cushioned to noncushioned was a big milestone for me. Once I was running in low heel shoes safely, I've never looked back.
Building the bone density to get back there is so fucking tedious :(
>>
>>40169641
Check if you need insoles. Fixed it for me.
>>
>>40169641
>nigger pain
Lmao
>>
>>40169641
Stretching, new shoes, fixing stride issues, all of these things help
>>
>>40169641
I used to get them all the time. Then I started incorporating TA curls into my routine.

Just a simple 5x25 curls with 25lb dumbbells. Went away over two weeks.
>>
>>40170445

>TA curls

Stop this nigger speak. Didn't find anything when searching that.
>>
>>40169641
jump rope

>healthier
>makes the sole stronger
>can do it for less minutes for same results
>engages upper body
> easier on the joints.

thank me later gater
>>
>>40171377
I'd recommend this as a conditioning routine but nothing can replace running; it is the king of cardio.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.