[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked up ohp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image%3A7342.jpg (10KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A7342.jpg
10KB, 425x282px
So today i did ohp and on last rep of last set felt sharp pain behind my neck, right bellow the left trap. Can barely turn my head up and down or left right. I used to snap shit like this before, but never had such big ass pain as today. What should i do now?
>>
>>40167267
go to the hospital you have cancer
>>
>>40167267
may be referred pain from scapula. go to doctors - torn muscles get worse over time because they will retract inward.
>>
Lmao I had the same thing last week. It'll go away in a few days, second day was the worst for me
>>
>>40167267
go to doc. worst case scenario you didnt need to and you waste a little money, a few hours, but you still get peace of mind

best case scenario you save your body
>>
>>40167267
chiropracter.
>>
probably didn't keep your head straight
>>
>>40167267
most of the people here don't even stretch or work up to work sets from empty bar and then get surprised when they injure themselves
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (159KB, 1280x942px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
159KB, 1280x942px
Sounds like a pinched nerve. If it's like the pinched nerve I've had a few times, the pain presents down by your scap but the impingement is actually in your neck. Apply heat to your neck, take some kind of anti-inflammatory, and try your best not to move your neck in a way that causes additional impingement.

Took me a couple of weeks to recover the first time it happened, but now it takes maybe a day. Just have to identify it immediately and keep the impingement to a minimum.
>>
>>40167276
yeah lol
>>
>>40167267
that happened to me ages ago when i was benig a noob. Don't gym for next 1-2 weeks. Otherwise it will fuck it up more. When you do OHP, use lighter fucking weight and don't extend your neck or tense it up.
>>
>>40168564
Which nerve?
>>
>>40167287
>>40168564

Pre much these, ive been to a gp for it and they're generally useless bar a the few exceptions
>>
>>40167267
how much were u ohping
>>
>>40169098
I don't know. I just know the impingement is in my neck and the pain shows up in the lower left area of my right scap.

Guy I worked with just happened to have the exact same problem a week or so before I did, so he told me exactly what to do and it worked.
>>
File: 1482259891551m.jpg (112KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [Google]
1482259891551m.jpg
112KB, 1024x733px
>>40167267
Did your dick fall off?

If not you're fine and I suggest you stop with the excuses and keep lifting
>>
>>40167267
Happened to me last month, lasted for a week or so. Apply cold the first 2-3 days an after that heath, try to slowly regain mobility. I had it coming because the area had been stiff days prior the injury. You'll be fine, but if you notice it getting darker go to a doctor asap
>>
>>40167267
Its a muscle spasm (a cramp) in your neck, just massage it
>>
>>40167267
>>40168564

What this guy said, sounds exactly like when I had a pinched nerve from OHP.

Take anti inflammatory like ibuprofen, and I found switching between putting hot and cold on the area helped.

Just try not to move it too much and it should heal up pretty soon.
>>
>>40168564
Dude unless he really fucked up the rep (like dropped it on his neck or rolled his shoulders backwards or smth) its just a cramp in the neck muscles which can pull the vertebrae slightly out of position
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.