[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you gain strength while cutting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170127_143009.jpg (393KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170127_143009.jpg
393KB, 1944x2592px
Can you gain strength while cutting?

I've been working out for 5 months now + have been physically active for the past 2 or 3 years, did some calisthenics and shit. I'd say I'm still a beginner or early intermediate. Lifts are 62,5kg ohp, 92,5kg bp, 115kg squat, 162,5kg, all for 5 reps, started at 40/60/60/110 for reps. I weight 92kg while being 177cm. Rely makes me thnk considering that I dont look more than 20% bodyfat. Beach season where I live starts in 5 months so I have plenty of time. Can I possibly cut slowly while GAINING strength considering the fact that I'm a newbie with decent weightlifting genetics?
>>
No it is impossible to gain strength and lose weight
>>
>>40167270
Don't listen to this fag.

It's possible if you're a beginner to intermediate level lifter.

But it's much harder than gaining strength while at maintenance or surplus calories, so you probably won't feel yourself getting stronger if you're cutting for an extended period of time.

You're more likely to maintain your strength cutting from 19% to 11% than gain strength. You're also likely to lose a little strength, but if you're doing heavy lifts and getting your protein and fats, it will be minimal.
>>
>>40167257
Stop confusing strength and mass

If you want mass, yes, you can cut and gain mass but it requires exceptional dedication to dieting

Gaining strength while cutting probably not, but thats not my area of workout so I wouldnt say for sure.
>>
>>40167296
>you can gain mass when cutting

Yeah if you're a complete newbie or on roids.
>>
>>40167257
No.
SS+GOMAD is the only way to gain strength.
>>
>>40167257
you lose weight THEN you start lifting
>>
>>40167257
strength is a function of:
technique
neural efficiency
muscle cross sectional area (how swole you are)
segment lengths (long femurs? sorry about your squat)
muscle attachments (i've also heard some people call these "internal leverages")

unless you are detrained or a novice, you will not be gaining muscle mass / increasing muscle cross sectional area on a cut

without some radical surgery, segment lengths and muscle attachments are out of your control

you can gain strength on a cut by improving technique, and by becoming more neurologically efficient

keyword: can

in practice, it is very difficult to gain meaningful strength on a cut past novice or early intermediate, you are more likely to lose a tiny bit (shouldn't be much if you train right)

if you think you can get something out of your lifts by refining form and getting more efficient, doing a high frequency routine where you do relatively heavy weights with perfect form and never approach failure is the way to do so - think bulgarian, but less intense, or something like Pavel's routines or Dan John's stuff
>>
yes.
eat at deficit on off days
surplus on lift days
coffee before workouts
bring intensity
>>
>>40167257
REEEEEEE

im 180cm 85 kg with 60/92.5/115/145 and have love handles that ppl would consider high test

Fuck me and fuck you lucker dog

To answer your question: im 2 weeks into the cut and im slowly losing on pushing strength atm. Ohp set 3 reps 4 and 5 were super shaky. Squats and dl are same and could probably increase by 2.5 but i want to stay at the same weight to see how cutting will impact my strenght

Gl bro
>>
>>40167257
Check out lyle McDonalds ultimate diat
>>
According to science and in clinical studies, yes, absolutely

In real life situations and for the majority of people, no, it's too much work and too difficult to manage
>>
It's easier to cut and then work your way back up.
>>
>>40167289
So, if I've never lifted in my life and couldn't do five consecutive pushups until a couple months ago, I can gain strength/muscle mass while cutting?

I'm 5'11 212lbs somewhere around 30% bf or more.
>>
>>40170357
no, you basically just learned how to use your muscles because you actually never used them before.
>>
>>40167257
I started and ended ss while on a big cut. Still on a cut, still gaining strength using reddit ppl program.

4, 3, 2, 1 pl8 lifts achieved during that time. On the cut. So take that for what you will.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.