[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoulder snapped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9185.jpg (117KB, 719x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9185.jpg
117KB, 719x1050px
So yesterday I was just about to try 3pl8s on bench for the first time. During the warmup sets I felt a slight discomfort in my left shoulder but it wasn't too bad so I kept going. Anyways so when I tried to hit my PR, as I touched my chest with the bar, my shoulder just jumped right back and you could hear it snap. At the same time a deep pain projected from the shoulder into the upper pec. Its a little bit better today, but hurts like fuck whenever i try to raise my arm. Any thoughts on what might have happened?
>>
You damaged the rotator cuff.
Have fun not lifting for upwards of 2-3 months.
>>
>>40166840
You need to see a physiotherapist asap bro, sorry. Good luck with your recovery.

Anybody reading - it could happen to you too! Make time to do shoulder prefab.
>>
>>40166893
>Make time to do shoulder prefab
what's that
>>
>>40167170
Make at least 3 or 4 shoulders now, that when when you need them you don't need to wait
>>
>>40166840

A 315 lb bench press is more resistance than a one arm push-up for most people. Unless you are a powerlifter, I see no reason to bench that much.
>>
File: ive-seen-some-dt7tsr.jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ive-seen-some-dt7tsr.jpg
58KB, 800x600px
This will happen when you egolift.
>>
>>40166840
rotator cuff - this guys is right >>40166858
i did something similar on DB shoulder press in the summer. I was really scared about it and went to the hospital but the ultrasound revealed no tear. Because it wasnt torn (this is really hard to do) it healed in about a month and is good as new now and i did no physio. You likely just strained it but if you can go to urgent care and get an ultrasound. Its prob just a strain anyways.
>>
>>40167208
have fun staying happy with your skelly mode physique
>>
>>40167405
what is volume
>>
>>40166840
this is why you don't test your 1 RM
surprised you managed to get that strong without learning that.
>>
>>40167434

This. Volume is king.
>>
>>40167208
Wtf u r a fucking pussy, some ppl are trying to get strong bitch boy
>>
>>40167183
gold
>>
>>40166858
>>40167273
OP here. Ive heard about lots of people snapping their rotator cuffs, so I've always made sure to warm them up plenty before benching. Even yesterday i warmed them up more than i usually do with cables in all possible directions, as well with a resistance band. Of course I understand that it isnt impossible even with warm up, but I just think its wierd since i warmed up more than usual. Thanks for the feedback anyways lads. I will make sure to see a professional.
>>
what's a good video to learn form for this so this doesn't happen to me. doing db bench
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.