[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right about steroids? Would athletes simply putting in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Is he right about steroids? Would athletes simply putting in more strength work be "good enough" or possibly they're misinformed and need to do more strength work instead of jumping the gun on turning to roids? Can an athlete effectively choose strength training over roids?
>>
>>40160345
no. roids increase athletic ability by a shit load even if you dont strength train or in fact do anything.

a guy using large amounts of test and tren can sit on a couch 24/7 and be bigger and faster than a natty lifting 3x a week
>>
File: roids are the magic pill.png (388KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
roids are the magic pill.png
388KB, 683x1024px
Wow, Rip is retarded.

>GOT A PROBLEM, ANY PROBLEM? JUST LIFT MORE!
American sports science
>>
>>40160345
I don't read Rip as saying steroids aren't useful. He's saying steroids prove the usefulness of strength, and we know how to make most people stronger without them. But in several Starting Strength Podcast episodes he recommends certain people look into Test supplementation.
>>
>>40160375
But how would you know? How many pro athletes are skipping all the memes and opting purely for strength training? There are none doing this outside of powerlifters and the like. Maybe he was right. It's not a question of if steroids work it's if strength training works instead of them.
>>
>>40160375
yeah bro just look at blaha
>>
>>40160345
I think what he meant was that for athletes on a lower level (i.e not yet become pro but might become) they should just get their natty gainz to improve strength since there is no NEED for roids YET.
>>
>>40160952
no he basically says strength is important, steroids build strength but he questions how many athletes with careers bother with strength training routine because they're lazy or get bad advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjk00DkWoJg
>>
>>40160420
It's a question of which works better, only strength work or strength work + steroids.
>>
>>40161019
I thought he said their training was shit because they did it wrong? Thus what he means would be that they should train properly because that will yield a good result, just like steroids and shit training.
>>
>>40161031
rip questions whether they need both and to just better training, that strength training theoretically would allow them to reach the point of potential where roids wouldn't be needed

>>40161033
that's part of the summary. basically the prevalance of poor strength coaching and bad advice leads to steroid use.
>>
>>40160345
Go watch scooby's video on roiding. You can get to that level natty, but it will take you years upon years more than if you were to roid. Talking decades.
>>
>>40160395
You're citing an American study...

Why not stop being an ignorant faggot and realize that there are retards everywhere?
>>
>>40161091
for a pro athlete to build strength and power? no, it does not take that long, at all.
>>
>>40161136
You're right but these guys are already starting from a strong base. They've been training and eating through college, and now they have personal trainers, dieticians, massage therapists, etc. to help them get to that point.

I get what you're saying, but for the average person, this will not be the case.
>>
>>40161151
right but what rip's saying is these guys aren't being trained right. they're getting bad advice. gotta admit, lookup on youtube, a lot of pro athletes do a lot of meme workouts. so....would they be better off just strength training instead?
>>
>>40161091
>Talking decades.
No that's fucking stupid.
You don't have infinite time and infinite test.
And many people have a hard ceiling.

If you are a serious athlete, one who trains from child or had an active childhood(basically the only guys who'll make it in pro and even semipro stuff) who busts ass consistently and wants to get anywhere.
You'll reach your absolute peak of potential by the time you hit your late teens and early twenties.
Unless you are one of the genetically gifted 1% you will only be getting small boosts in strength mass and athletic ability.
Polishing a diamond and slowly building your base and ligaments and joint integrity where you can get greater longer lasting strength.
But that is not where many want to be.
They want greater heights and truly inhuman strength and athletic ability and most importantly recovery for longer and longer stretches of their life.
So they hop on gear.
The problem is that many of the people who hop on or are talked into it by scumbags and steroid shills and people with an even worse ulterior motive have not come close to their true potential or even know what that is.
And because of the gear they will never reach it and be even weaker and dumber in the long run.
>>
>>40161515
>And many people have a hard ceiling.
Sorry I meant ALL people have a hard ceiling that they can never pass.
>>
>>40161384
Literally every pro athlete does fucking intense strength training in addition to sport specific and agility workouts that you call "meme"

I assume you're talking about real sports and not gay shit like baseball/soccer/etc.
>>
>>40162648
Sport specific work is done on field/court. Stuff like drills, running plays, conditioning, etc. This is all separate topic.

Every pro athlete does not do the same strength training. There's a heavy individual component that's up to them to pursue. I think this is what rip's talking about here. Not entirely sure either. I'm not a rippelite
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.