[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental /fit/ness thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5786.jpg (147KB, 595x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5786.jpg
147KB, 595x800px
Is there anyone else here struggling with anxiety? I'm not talking about the general sperginess of this board, anxiety as in cold limbs and having palpitations even when you are lying in bed.

What is your story and what do you do to deal with it /fit/?

I'm a medfag and I started to have the symptoms during my psychiatric posting, I guess all the schizophrenic and bipolar people really got to me. Working out and getting tired helps a little bit but it is still there, in the background.
>>
Made a tinder yesterday. Had my first match yesterday too. How many should I be expecting per week, approximately? I've seen people on this board with hundreds of matches. Over what timeframe is that??

also: thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a70h0cX8AMM
>>
I had to leave my uni course due to anxiety + depression. I think I have GAD, when I'm not on meds I have this buzzing sensation of anxiety that's just constantly firing and I have no way to stop it. I find that meditation, working out, spending a lot of time outside and planning ahead to reduce stress can help reduce the anxiety.
>>
Fuck off with this shit you fucking pansies

>>>/adv/
>>
>>40154688

It depends where you live. More matches in a big city than a rural town.
>>
>>40154785
>tfw rural town

There's a big city an hour away. Is that too far?
>>
>>40154724
I want to know if it has anything to do with the /fit/ demographic in general.
I've been lifting for quite some time but the gains really started to show after I got anxiety and worked out harder in order to tire myself out. Then again it might not have anything to do with it.

Doesn't seem like a lot of people here have it, I guess it's just social sperginess with you guys, thats good.

>>40154691
That's cool man, what meds are you on? Any side effects so far?
>>
>>40154666
Anxiety about what exactly?
>>
>>40154666
If you are just generally anxious you should experiment with situations what makes you more and less anxious. I would not trouble myself over this as that will just spiral down into depression or some other self-hating shit.
>>
>Sister hasnt got any friends
>She lost her job
>Living with parents at age 25
>Always talks to me about mental problems and how depressed she is

>But she always lights up when i say its time to go to the gym
>Yesterday told me she started feeling that after gym euphoria
>its been 3 months now and she's sticking in there

We're all gonna make brah's
>>
>>40154893
That's the thing, I dont even know what.

>>40154931
That's what I'm trying to do atm, just let it remain in the background and just bruteforce through the self doubts in social interactions.

>>40154982
That's good to hear bro.
>>
>>40154882
>taking meds
a
hahaha
ha
h
ah
ah
ath
a
ha
ha
ehaerfgka rjgakfg
\aethajkergl;ajergaethlaeh
aerghaerhjauieh;i;uaufbaefjgbhnaerhathaerha
rthaethaetiuojaeuior'
>>
>>40154882
>What meds
Celexa
>Any side effects?

Celexa is more of an antidepressant than anti-anxiety so I had to go through the whole "get worse before you get better" shit. It started out okay, but then I found I needed a higher dose and I felt sick and really depressed. I basically felt like I did before so that was alright, but I wasn't anxious anymore. The anxiety reduced almost immediately but the depression took about 5 weeks to improve tangibly. I just wanted to sleep all the time.

Tbh I thought the most important thing was making contact with my doctor and building up a support network, getting on medication was just a part of it. I'm someone who would never have touched meds though, I fought so hard against it because I was scared of side effects but I regret not getting on them sooner.
>>
>>40155067
Lel misread meditation as medication. I'm not on meds.
>>
>>40155190
I'm the guy who said "Meds" in the first place and I meant medication. I meditate and take medication.
>>
>>40154666
Try consuming phenibut once a week, I had social anxiety and i used phenibut as a crutch for a few months. After I learned what its like to be in a social or intimate setting with strangers i quickly lost any anxiety these situations created for me.

Once or twice a week tops. Iv been using phenibut recreationally for a long time, on and off for months. Its not addicting unless your consuming it daily and thats like 1+ gram
>>
>>40155183
SSRI's are fucking awful. The cons far outweigh the pros imo. Random watery diarrhea attacks, drowsiness, weight loss, no sex drive, limp dick to name just a few. The real nightmare begins when you stop taking them though. You're gonna have really nasty brain zaps and just feel spaced out in general for at least a month after you come off.
Word of advice for anyone thinking of taking those. Steer clear!
>>
>>40155335
Yeah I lost too much weight and I have no sex drive, but due to depression I was undereating and had no sex drive anyway so basically nothing changed
>>
>>40155349
Gym mate. Gym is the best antidepressant, especially when you're making progress and getting bigger and stronger. It's not gonna help against panic attacks obviously (something that i still suffer badly from to this day), but it does help with depression, a lot. Much better than all those shitty drugs.
>>
Meditate for 30 minutes after showering everyday (you shower everyday right anon?), feels real comfy
>>
>>40155397
I don't want to take the SSRIs but I found I needed them at first to restore me to a level of functionality because I just started to shut down and I couldn't work anymore. Like you say it's important that I have better stuff to replace it with though e.g. lifting
>>
>>40154666
pills m8. all the fucking pills. im practically comatose outside of the hours i lift.
>>
I'm kind of struggling with some anger issues

dated a girl for almost 2 years and she had a bad habit of blaming herself for everything, thanks to some mental health issues, and if i ever got upset with her i was never able to express it properly and it just bottled up

now we've broken up, and i find myself getting unnecessarily mad at little, inconsequential things

please help
>>
>>40154666
Cardio, omega 3s, tryptophan rich foods, meditation..

Maybe try musicotherapy or ASMR (I know it sounds cheesy but it might help you)

I don't think these things will make the problems disappear but it might help to alleviate some of the pressure

I hope you get better anon I believe in you !
>>
>>40155461
anyone have anything?

it's starting to make my worldview extremely cynical and i don't know how to correct it
>>
used to have bad depression and pretty severe anxiety, also went completely loopy for like a month

managed to get better with minimal help from professionals

what i did:

quit drinking

quit drugs

cut out all the friends who i only liked to drink
with/do drugs with

quit boxing

start lifting

start taking university seriously

i barely went outside for the first month, basically just did a soft reset on my life

most important things for me were stop all the shit that was doing physical damage to my brain (drinking,drugs, boxing) and giving myself a reason to respect myself (lifting, uni)

probably just see a psychologist though
>>
>bipolar schizophrenic
>feelsbatman
>not a pussy about it

Take it in the chin, champ
>>
>>40155559
>Boxing
My great uncle was a boxer in the navy in WW2, he ended up in a mental institution in his old age due to head injuries
>>
>>40154666
About a year ago I had some really weird kind of panic attack (I think?) after smoking a bowl by myself in my room. I had already been a pretty regular weed smoker for a while before that so I really don't know if it was related at all. I was just in my room, everything was calm and cool and suddenly I was shivering, clenching my fists and teeth, and basically curled up in a ball for about 10 minutes, mind racing, worrying about everything and just trying to tell myself to calm down.
I had already smoked some of that weed a few days earlier, and smoked it again the next day without any bad effects so I don't think that's what triggered it. Anyway I still think about it and it kind of freaks me out still.
>>
>>40154666

I have been incredibly stressed for months. This is because I don't make enough money to pay my bills and student loans. So far, I've dealt with it by stopping drinking (because drinking makes it worse) and I'm looking for higher paying jobs, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

This is no way to live, anons.
>>
>>40155461
I also have anger issues man, this might sound stupid here but I read some advices on Quora regarding how to manage anger and finding the root of the anger issues itself, English is my 3rd language so I don't really know how to explain it to you, just go have a look.
>>
>>40154666
Your image, plus trips, plus post, makes me think it's more than mental

Do you visit /x/?

How is your view on spirituality?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.