[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potential Athletic Apparel Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: (23).jpg (128KB, 1080x540px) Image search: [Google]
(23).jpg
128KB, 1080x540px
I'm creating this thread to gain basic online feedback on if creating an athletic apparel company is wise.

I've recently retired after serving 16 years in the Canadian Army as an infantry soldier and I'm looking to start up my own small business. Fitness and being in the gym is my passion and I strongly believe that people should have the clothing materials to make them stand out, feel good about themselves and give them great mobility while doing movements. My business plan and concept for this would be to start off small and gradually slowly grow over the years. I believe in quality products especially ones that do well against different weather climates (relating to my military experience). I would promote my business through social media and try to sell my clothing to law enforcement professionals, friends, family and other civilians interested.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.
>>
How are you going to beat existing companies that manufacture in China for 1/100th of what you'll pay
>>
>>40150745
Good question and good point.

I may not be able to get the best manufacturer price but I would attempt to find a middle ground manufacturer. Something that's no to low or high on price because I believe in great quality. I may even have to travel to find and meet a good manufacturer. But I believe that's not where my business will excel in, it would be the quality of the product. May be a little pricey on my end but it may be worth it.
>>
Thanks for your service.

Social media is arguably essential for small business success IMO. If you're starting from scratch, Establish the brand, and start up the Insta/Facebook right away. Make sure to think hard on the name. It can't be something stupid. Gymshark is overpriced and mediocre quality but people flock to it because its huge, and it's huge because it has a cool logo and a cool name. Same with Rise who actually make good shit, And "AANDRA ATHLETICS" which was started in my city and now has a few thousand followers on IG and a gaggle of DYEL but loyal following in general.
I dont have any degrees in business by the way, but I think that's pretty okay advice.
>>
>>40150725
First off athletic apperal? Please be more vague.
Also you want to start off small and then expand further? Can you please tell me more about this revolutionary business plan.
Mate not to bring you down or anything but this is a bad business idea for you. You have no business experience and want to tackle on a hard, saturated market with alot of competition, with no plan or experience and no resources to really start it. You're way better off finding something else or get a normal job and not waste time/money/life on this. Try a simpler smaller business first and go from there on out. The fact you ask this on this site literally proves you dont have the competences you need.
>>
>>40150804
Thanks for the kind words and advice, much appreciated. I'm looking for a small loyal fan base.

>>40150820
Yes, specific athletic clothing items such as shirts, pants, compression etc.
Thanks for the advice though.
>>
File: 1485158324369.jpg (552KB, 1834x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1485158324369.jpg
552KB, 1834x1440px
I think that your idea is noble, but contradicts itself. If you plan on having high quality apparel and a small loyal customer base, then you risk having small sales. Good quality implies that people don't need to buy the same product many times, which is fine if the pool of buyers is large, but if it's a small customer base it might be an issue.

But where would you have your product sold? would it be in regular stores? You might get overshadowed by bigger brands. Or are you planning on having them in specialized stores (i.e. stores that cater to worker apparel and whatnot)? This might be a good idea, but reduces your potential pool of buyers, but could have a constant flow of new people in that niche.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.